Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishali LokhandeYour feedback matters!
I get sneezing everyday in the morning. I have tonsils too. Which type of diet I should take to prevent my tonsils.
Do you feel disinterested in getting physically close to your partner? If yes, then it can be a sign of HSDD, that is Hypoactive sexual desire disorder. It is a sex disorder marked by disgust and disinterest towards sex. This disorder affects both men and women.
Men with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Men are generally perceived as highly sexual beings, but in reality, 1 out of 5 men may be suffering from HSDD.
Some possible causes of male HSDD include:
- Psychological issues: Anxiety and stress due to the strain of family or relationship problems, rigours of daily life or mental disorders such as depression are some of the factors that influence sexual desire.
- Medical causes: Diseases (for example: diabetes), conditions (such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity) and drugs (such as hair loss medications) have adverse effects on sexual desire.
- Hormonal problems: Low levels of testosterone usually lead to low sexual desire. Other hormones, such as the thyroid hormone or prolactin (hormone that governs the development of breast milk) can also contribute to the cause.
- Low levels of dopamine: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter, which is responsible for the pleasure perception in your brain. Low levels of dopamine usually signify low sexual desire.
How it can be treated ?
If the cause is psychological, then sex therapy (psychological counselling based on sexual issues) is used to treat HSDD. But if it is hormonal, testosterone supplements are used.
Women with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Female HSDD is more complicated and is difficult to diagnose. HSDD can affect women across all ages.
In women, this disorder can have a wider spectrum of causes, which include:
- Interpersonal relationship problems: Certain problems such as the partner’s performance issues, loss of emotional gratification with relationships, childbirth and becoming nothing, but only a loved one’s caregiver can all lead to low sexual desire.
- Sociocultural influences: Media’s portrayal of sexuality, peer pressure and job stress have negative influences on sexual desire.
- Low testosterone: Women produce testosterone as well, and similar to men, low levels of this sex hormone cause a significant dip in sexual desire.
- Medical problems: Mental illnesses such as depression or medical problems, such as fibroids or endometriosis (a disorder characterized by the growth of uterine tissues outside the organ) affect women, physically and mentally, thus making ‘hypoactive sexual desire disorder’ a possibility.
- Medications: Excessive use of antidepressants, oral contraceptives and blood pressure drugs can lower sexual desire.
- Age: The androgen (sex hormone) levels lower drastically as a woman ages, thus negatively impacting her sexual desires.
Sex therapy (therapy that concerns itself with counselling and addressing one’s physical or psychological hindrances to sex) medication changes, diagnosing underlying medical problems, vaginal estrogens and testosterone therapy (therapy that helps in managing the effects of low levels of testosterone) are mostly used to increase sexual desire in women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.
I have a problem of nightfall and I have taken two medicines before of homeopathic and now I'm taking ashwagandha q a doctor suggested me. But now, when my penis erected and after the erection I feel that my body is releasing energy from my body and I start feeling pain in my knees.
My name is prashanta. I am sleep in afternoon, after 1: 30pm. Is it bad habit or injures to my health?
I am suffering a ear problem. My ears are most of time remain wet. May be that causes less listening power of me. Suggest me what to do?
I am suffering from some itching which I get when my body gets warm, for few mins around 5-10 mins and heals when I apply sone cold water on my head and arms where its itching. Especially during winter I. E in this period the itching have become more vulnerable due to dry skin and no moisturizer is effective as such. The itching starts when I start to Exercise, When I climb stairs, Lot of humidity, Sun light, Eating spicy food. I feel unconscious and the itching is exactly like ant biting. Gradually its stops and later even if I continue doing the same activity it doesn't start back again It's usually starts from my head because I have a dry scalp and lot of dandruff and gradually towards arms, upper back, chest and sometimes on leg when I m exposed to sunlight I searched this symptoms online its somewhat agreeing with disease called as chronological Urticaria but the only difference is I don't get any hives or red patches I also usually after workout gets some burps and farts, may be because of improper digestion of food if it has any relation to this. Please suggest some home remedies I don't want to have allopathic medicines on regular basis.
Sir I am continues thinking in sex so I dependent next features any problem for me so any idea my problem solving.
I am 27 years female, since 3 days I am having little pain in stomach and I am feel urinating often during day. Worried as to what would be the problem.
My total bilirubin is - 2.13 Direct bilirubin - .33 What precautions I have to take? What is I need to include in my food habit?
Actually I am suffering from nightfall. I do not know how to overcome from this problem. It is not a normal nightfall. It happens 4 or 5 times a weak.
I am 58 years old and from Mumbai. Travelling to office - to and from around 80 kms daily. On 14.09.2016 I have done blood test and the report shows --- FASTING BLOOD SUGAR -- 109.30. Please advise.
Hiv test 4th and western blot result negative after 20 months of exposure. Did I do rna pcr for double sure? Is any possibilities become positive in this test? Pls hlp.
Can we donate blood to a diabetic patient. hepatitis positive. And receiver blood group is B+ and donor blood group is O+
Always I feel a lump in throat. May times it pains around naso pharyngeal zone. I do feel pain near laryngeal area if I speak for more than 30 minutes. Please advise.
2. Eat less of fatty, oily, greasy foods and meat. Restrict tea, coffee and sweet food stuff including sweetened carbonated beverages or packaged juices.
3. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily unless advised by your physician otherwise
4. Exercise daily for at least 30 to 45 minutes. Brisk walking outside in fresh air is the best and safest exercise unless you have joint issues or other health problems that prohibit you from doing so.
5. Abdominal massage, daily, either by you yourself or by a trained masseur helps not only in toning the abdominal muscles but also facilitate intestinal peristalsis thereby aiding empty bowels.
Consult me online for queries regarding constipation.