Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishali LokhandeYour feedback matters!
I am Having A bad habit of Masturbation ,want ask how I can loose this bad habit, and and also tell me how I can recover the effect of masturbation. Please help me.
I'm suffering from constipation from so many days. I've used laxatives to get rid of constipation too but I got relaxation for only one day. What do I do to get rid from it permanently? pls suggest some natural remedy which is reliable.
Moreover, both Ayurveda (the most ancient oriental medicine) and the Indian alternative medicine advice their followers to sleep on the left side. Wondering why?
The left side of the human body is considered to be the dominant lymphatic side. Most of your body’s lymph flows into the thoracic duct, which is located on the left side. In its way, the lymph carries proteins, glucose, other metabolites and waste material.
It is purified in the lymph nodes and later drained into the left part of the human heart
The carpal tunnel is the passageway for the median nerve to pass through on the inner side of your hand, when your palms are facing down. For example, while typing, there is a lot of movement of the fingers and this puts a lot of pressure on this tunnel. In fact, people who are involved in a lot of typing are one of the most prone people for carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Other causes would include trauma, fractures, etc., where the tunnel is injured.
Conventional measures to treat CTS included a combination of exercise and pain killers in mild to moderate cases. In moderate (sometimes) to severe cases, surgery was also done. However, with advancements in medical technology, endoscopic surgical procedure is gaining popularity.
What is done?
In endoscopic surgery, a small incision is made in the wrist or one each in the palm and the wrist. Through this, a flexible tube with a camera and minute cutting tools are inserted into the wrist. Another ligament known as transverse carpal ligament is cut. This reduces the pressure on the median nerve, which provides relief from the CTS symptoms.
What to expect as benefits?
The intention behind the surgery remains the same in both traditional and endoscopic procedures. The pressure on the median nerve is released, restoring movement and reducing pain in the joints. In addition, the endoscopic procedure has the following benefits.
- Less invasive: Needless to say, there are only one or two small incisions done for this procedure, so less surrounding tissue is damaged.
- Same day surgery: No hospitalization is required, and unless required, the patient can return home on the same day of surgery.
- Reduced recovery time: The recovery period is usually substantially less compared to the traditional surgical approach.
- Back to work: Depending on which is your dominant hand, you would be able to return to your regular work earlier than with regular surgery. If your non-dominant hand is involved, a day or two of rest is required. If your dominant hand was involved, give it up to four weeks for complete recovery.
- Reduced chances of nerve injury: The area of operation has many nerves and blood vessels, and endoscopic surgery reduces the chances of damaging adjacent nerves.
- Anesthesia: This is done under local anesthesia. Therefore, complications arising out of general anesthesia are completely avoided.
While these sound promising, your doctor will decide if you are a candidate for endoscopic procedure depending on the following:
- Nonsurgical treatment including exercise and pain killers have not provided relief, even after several months.
- Severe symptoms including those of nerve damage, like loss of sensation, altered coordination, etc., is affecting your normal daily routine.
- Person requiring bilateral surgery like severe trauma, wheelchair dependent, etc.