Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sachin Patil
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin PatilYour feedback matters!
How much effect can Otitis Media with effusion can have on hearing? I can not hear high frequency sounds properly.
I think im obsessing over a tune and it has caused me to actually hear it all the time. please help me I have exams in few week final year mbbs and im not able to study.
What are the advadvantages and disadvantages of removing pubic hear? How can it be done for male and female?
Hi Sir, My wife lost hearing power of one ear while in kitchen. there was sudden blockage as in tafe off of aeroplane and then the hearing was ZERO in one year. 2 Years of treatment no result. Hearing aid of no use. Aged 76 yrs.
Before starting out for a walk, relax and take a deep breath and fill your lungs with fresh air which will move them into their most efficient position. After you exhale, maintain the chest in this position with shoulders down and slightly back throughout the walk.
Hii I am suffering from hearing loss on my right year since 3 years then I experienced ringing sound on my right ear so is there any treatment for hearing loss please suggest me.
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems.