Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I'm working out for 2 years, now I'm looking forward to take whey protein powders as supplements, please suggest me a complete diet chart and the supplement which is to be taken, how much in quantity, for how long, which variant etc, I'll grateful to hear from you, thank you.
I am 42years female over a span of time I ve noticed I have developed hearing problem. What should I do?
Respected doctors I have a problem of less hearing last three years in both ears. I am using hearing aids but i am not satisfied because i can't hear properly. My hearing loss according to AUDIOMETERY Report is SENSORI OR NEURAL My age is 31 years & in my family no persons suffering from hearing loss in past & present. Please help me
My mother is of 55 to 60 years old. One day she went for an eye checkup. She was given an ear drop. After she returned home she put it in her eye and after 1 to 2 minutes she started telling that she cannot hear anything. Is it possible that due to that eye drop she is not able to hear. The same day we took her to the ENT doctor he told that her left ear have lost 90% power and her right ear have lost 60% of power. Can this happen that a person can suddenly lose the power of his ear. The physician is also not telling any thing he had only given the medicine. Some tests were done in which her sugar & bp was high. But she was taking the medicines of sugar & bp from 10 years. So please help me to know what it is and tell me how to cure it? Please
My daughter is about 6 years old. She have hearing problem, as per bera test doctors says that the problem will be cleared as her age grown up. But I feel that her hearing ability is constantly getting down. Please give some suggestion. If you want to see beta test report please help.
Actually mere sister ka beta abhi 2 saal ka hai lag bhag. Or wo normal huya tha. But kuch time baad usko minor brain hemorrhage hogya tha. Or kafi time machine me reha. Abhi vo waise to thik hai but Dr. Kehte hai ki uske ek ear me problem hai or vo kam sunnta ho or uska operation bataya hai 6 lakh tak kharcha or bola hai ki koi chip hai Jo iske ear me dali jayegi or iske mind ki nase week hai or wo apne pairo par bhi kharda nahi hota thik se. Means vo dekhne mein abnormal lagta hai but vo normal hai. Kya iska koi ilaaz hai kyonki itna paisa nahi hai ki operation kar de so please kuch bataye taki vo baby thik ho jaye please help
Chewing chewing gum good or bad for teeth? Some genuine advice please. If good which one is advisable?
What is the cost of a digital hearing aid, as recently we got a pta done for my father's hearing problem and have been advised a digital hearing aid of minimum 6 band. What are the options available along with prices? will the cost of hearing aid be covered under health insurance? thanks.
I talk very loudly. People say I talk as if giving lectures. I have 40 decibels conductive hearing loss n both ears but I am able to manage it. I have issue only when people talking very softly. Pls guide.
This is probably for the ENT docs. When you come down from heights you experience a closing of ears which goes away when you move your jaw muscles. My problem is similar, though it remains even during normal hours. Closing mouth, pinching nose and blowing does opens/betters hearing. My ENT specialist prescribed (1) Redicate-200 tab (2) K-Trip forte (3) inhaler (4) I forget name of tablet which was 1 per day. When examining, different tongs vibrations I could hear well. There has never been any flow and ears are always dry. There is no pain except a very slight pressure like feeling. Please suggest if treatment is on right track and what course of action will the ENT doc now take, as I can feel no change in my hearing condition. Thanks.
1. Congenital causes
2. Maternal rubella syphilis or certain other infections during pregnancy
3. Low birth weights
4. Birth asphyxia
5. Severe jaundice in neonatal period
I am having problem while waking up in the mrng I dnt evn hear my almars at tht tym wat should I do now?
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?