Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Avinash Chaudhary
Submit a review for Dr. Avinash ChaudharyYour feedback matters!
Urine leaks! When I go to washroom and finish urinating & come back later after 5 minutes when I try to sit a little amount of urine leaks off.
I am 49 yes of age. I have stone of 5.4 mm in mid ureter. No pain now. Drinking lot of fluid. Can it be passed on own or with medicine.
I am67 years male diabetic for last 20 yrs. As per my doctors advise I am taking telwas20 for last 10 years for control of bp since my urine creatinine was 1.3.now my bp is120/70. Please advise whether I can discontinue BP tablets.
Hi Doctor I have a problem that is if I drink water after 10 minutes urine may come and if I want to control then may come very fast. What is the problem.
I have taken flagyl, ors almost evey hour and ridol 2 tablets to control this infection. Feeling a lot better than before. Still I have some sensation in my lower body. There is some irritation down there. I have to use the washroom every now and then either for urine or tool.
I"M having kidney stone problem and I can't get surgery and the stone are 3 mm and 6 mm in my right kidney. As well recently I had at laparoscopic in my left kidney for the stone. Now I need to prevent it in my right side. And now days I am having the pain in my left side again. The pain starts like it pains from my back n then till my urine place. Can you help me out in this.
The kidneys filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It causes the urine to get highly saturated. The solid depositions then turn into stone like formations, also termed as renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination and discomfort during urination, presence of blood in the urine, are some major signs of kidney stones.
Kidney stones can be prevented by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet with sufficient nutrients:
- Calcium and oxalate-rich food should be consumed together. This leads to the binding of calcium and oxalate together in the stomach intestines, before they can be processed in the kidneys. This helps to control the formation of calcium and oxalate depositions in the kidneys.
- Do not cut down on calcium. Since most of the kidney stones are found to be calcium depositions, many people tend to cut down on their calcium intake. It is important to continue with food that is rich in calcium such as milk. However, it is necessary to reduce intake of other calcium supplements. Decrease in calcium can lead to degeneration and deformation in bones and muscles.
- Too much of red meat consumption and high fat dairy products can lead to the formation of stones in the kidneys. Animal protein is rich in purine that increases uric acid, saturating the urine and creating stones. It is important to balance your diet by including lots of green vegetables, whole grains, fibres, fruits and low-fat dairy products. Opt for non-animal protein such as lentils or legumes.
- Cut down on sugary and aerated drinks. They contribute to the formation of depositions due to their high and unhealthy levels of fructose and preservatives.
- Reduce or abstain from alcohol. Alcohol is known for its multiple disadvantages to the human body. It has also been found to increase the levels of uric acid in blood.
- Keep your body hydrated. Drink adequate quantity of water throughout the day, preferably 3 litres or more depending on your physical activities. It prevents the solidification of the depositions and helps to eliminate wastes smoothly.
- Increase the intake of anti-oxidants in the form of green tea, dark chocolates and fruits.
- Lower the intake of salt.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!