Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali OtivYour feedback matters!
2. Ensure the head is protected
3. Release any tight clothing
4. Move away from a dangerous position.
5. Use intranasal midazolam (insed or midsip nasal spray as advised by your doctor) as first-line treatment.
For my sister daughter aged 5, the mouth is getting reddish, when she take food little spicy also. Is there any problem with stomach?
We welcome our bundle of joy with old, washed, sun dried clothes as they are almost sterile. New clothes are probably handled by many and may be infected. The breast feeding is started with the help of young unmarried girl. This educates the girl about this AMRIT SAVEN. Mother is given ajwayan water which helps to lactate. On the sixth day bua does the ceremony of chatti by giving bath and putting on new clothes to baby. By sixth day the umbilical cord falls and there after the baby should be given a bath. On the occasion of chatti mother is given all kind of foods and after that she is supposed to have everything including all fruits, vegetables and dal, then ladoos or panjiri rich in ghee, dry fruits. These help mother for extra calories and minerals especially calcium and iron required postpartum. In this ceremony Bua plays an important role and rewarded with lots of gifts by bhabhi for the hard work she has been doing and will do after that, till 45 days. During these crucial 45 days outsiders are not allowed to get in mother?s room as people coming from outside may infect the child . The child is never left alone, a knife or a match boxes is kept besides baby, it is a primitive method to save the baby from animals and strangers. The God (baby and mother) has come and the duo should be prayed (taken care) and not do pooja or attend functions
We have a baby boy aged 2 years. He is taking feed only and not taking food or milk. At the time of birth he is 3.5kg but at tge age of 2 years his weight is only 9 kg. Kindly advice.
Mera beta four year ka hai, aksar raat ko uske leg mei pain rahata hai, aur morning mei thik ho jata hai, dard puri raat rahti hai, maine doctor ko dikhaya to doctor ne calcium syrup diya, ab sirup band karne ke baad bhi kavi kavi leg me pain ho raha hai, aur, raat bhar massage karne pe bhi aram nahi milta, so please mujhe aisa medicine ya oil bataya jo fast relif kare raat mei aur bacha aram se soye paye, mai raat mei bajut pareshen ho jati hu.
My baby is 5 and half months old. He is having green hard stool since couple of days. But seems normal, his diet is normal n he is. playful. His diet include breastfeeding, lactogene formula 1 n some liquid form like apple juice banana mixed with lactogene and rice and tur dal water. Is this normal having green stool? Or what would be the reason for this?
Mera baby 18 days ka hai agar mai use formula milk dena chahu to kitni quantity ek bar me deni chahiye please tellme.
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.
My 3 months baby is on formula feed, HW much ml of milk shud be given to her for hw many hours? Sumtyms she taking 90 ml fr 3 hrs n 60 ml fr 3 hrs, she vomits sometimes, how to take care of formula feed baby.
My baby is of 4 months and he has 8-9mm malaligned VSD. What are the chances of curing it without surgery. please give me suggestion.
Winter comes and brings with itself cold and flu viruses- extremely bad news for babies. What makes it worse is that these viruses are contagious, and they spread fast as they are airborne. In such cases pulling your baby away from a sneezing or coughing or sniffling person is not enough. Neither is covering him up in layers of warm clothes. But you can take certain steps to prevent your baby from falling ill.
1. Wash your and your baby’s hands regularly: Washing your and your baby’s hands regularly is the easiest thing you can do to fend off cold and flu germs. It is essential for you to wash your hands after changing diapers, wiping a runny nose and before preparing your baby’s food. As for your baby, washing his before eating or after he comes back from an outing is an absolute must.
2. Vaccinating your baby: You can further prevent your baby from falling ill during the winter season by making sure all his vaccinations are up to date. Getting him an annual flu shot once he becomes 6 months old is necessary, as it protects your child from catching the flu virus.
3. Boost your baby’s immunity the natural way: You can breastfeed your baby regularly to boost his immunity. The American Academy of Paediatrics strongly advises breastfeeding our baby till he is one year old as it is the best way to provide complete nutrition and enhance the immunity of your baby. Breast milk contains minerals, vitamins and proteins that generate antibodies and help in fighting illnesses.
4. Take your baby out in the sun: Even if it’s outside, taking your baby out in the winter sun can do wonders for his immunity. Vitamin D of the sunlight is a very important part of the body’s immune response. Plus, the fresh air and sunlight can help kill all the germs you may have gathered while being cooped up inside. Just be sure to cover your baby well before taking him out.
5. Make sure your baby gets enough sleep: Inadequate sleep can nearly double the chances of your baby falling ill. Harley Robert, professor of paediatrics at the University of Colorado says that lack of sleep is directly related to the health of your immune system. So make sure your baby gets enough sleep, and be sure to put him to bed earlier if he has been around someone who’s sick.
If you follow these measures, then you can greatly reduce the chances of your baby falling ill this winter.