Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali OtivYour feedback matters!
We have 3 years old son, he doesn't eat anything, we use" Apti must" hungry syrup but it doesn't works well. He is always crying and he didn't sleep properly, we are worrying about him, please give me a best suggestion.
My 2 yr old son s refusing to eat and drink milk. He s havng pain in teeth which are coming nd had ulcers on tongue.. visited doc in da morning he prescribed a gel zytee .. n a syrup monocef -0 100 . He had fever in da morning 101.1. Pls help me out any home remedy..
My kid is 7 years old and diagnosed with autism. Doea acupuncture wil help him in curing his abnormality. Plzz suggest treatment for him. He looks very normal but he cannot speak and is very hyper. Plzz help.
Doc my son is of one year nd two months. I am worried about his hair. 15 days before Maine usk hair clean karaya the but abi bhi halk halk hair aaye h. What should I do for his gud hair growth. Tell me about diet nd hair care.
ask your child daily happenings after coming back home. understand him/her what they are facing and how they are handling issues of their life. this will help child to learn sharing stresses. guide them correct way of dealing with their problems. always punishing scolding shouting on child is not the proper way to handle them. Parents must have patience while dealing with children.
Hi mam my baby is now 10 months old but still her teeth's are not come yet and from 2-3 days she having loose motions and vomiting can you please help me.
New baby born girl ko fair and sundar aur healthy banane ke liye kya upai hai kaun sa oil and home made remidy use karu and uske caring ke liye give some tips for baby fairness jo sundar aur gora banaye aur foods jo mom ke liye acha ho.
About feeding child: can I feed my 4th month baby cow powdered milk .is it safe, if can pls tell me about dosage.
Asthma is a very common condition that is quite often 'miss' diagnosed. Asthma presents as breathlessness, it is also called as wheezing, due to the typical sound that is often present. The lungs help us breathe in the air , there is a phase where the air goes in called inspiration and when the air comes out its called expiration. Asthma typically occurs when the air pipes or tubes through which the air goes in and comes out gets narrowed. When this happens , there is increased resistance to the air flow and this resistance causes the wheeze or sounds that are associated with the condition.
Some people are more prone to Asthma than others , those with a general tendency of allergies tend to be more at risk for developing asthma. Since the narrowing of the air pipes reduces the air flow, there also is a change in the gas exchange which happens in the lungs, when the gas exchange is suboptimal the body feels the need for more air and this is characterized as breathlessness. Sometimes a person might also have a cough along with the wheezing and this can be misdiagnosed as a respiratory infection when there is none, unless there is a clear-cut evidence of infection that too of bacterial origin Antibiotics won't be useful. ( because a large number of viral infections can also be there).
Many people when they have a cough and breathlessness walk into a drug store and buy an antibiotic or cough syrup and self-medicate. This can be very harmful, developing antibiotic resistance means the next time there is an infection the less likely the antibiotics are likely to work and secondly some medicines can themselves increase the risk of asthma or wheeze.
The treatment of Asthma is very simple, there are very good inhalers that help the tightness or narrowing of the air pipes to be relieved in a matter of seconds, so if you think you have asthma consult someone who can diagnose it correctly and help you live more productively.
My 3 an Half Year old daughter won't talk to class teacher even she didn't write what ever teacher write on blackboard. Which is making problem to the teacher? Outside of school she is write, talk to others. At home she do her homework but most times we have to say many times for it to write but its ok as she is just 3. Presently many times she became angry and started shouting or speaking loudly and not listening to us. What should we be doing now so that when she go to school she can be more open to speak up? Like to present some speech in front of many students of her same age. As I saw other child doing best as they give speech 2-3 lines on mic in front of class but mine just standing silently. What to do? How we come to make her talk in class and all I hope you would understand what I mean to saw? Please help.
Hello sir may baby is 3 month older hi is stop breathing 3 to 5 mints. For crying hi is not up may grand mom weather split her face then hi is up how to face or resold permanently please help me.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.
My baby will complete 5th month on 17th. Yesterday she did stool in evening then again in night .today also till now did 2 times watery stool. Due to this diaper rashes r visible what to do for the stool and the rashes. Please guide.
I am confused whether to give my 7 month old son flu vaccine as it is listed as optional in the vaccination schedule. I live in kolkata and have not seen anyone suffering from influenza in the near past in my area. Please advise.
My 6 month old baby seems to be irritated most of the time. He makes screeching noises and cries a lot. He's been suffering from cold since last 3-4 days but his behavior has been like this from past 10 days or so. Also, he is facing difficulties in sleeping during the night. Wakes up every hour and starts crying. We are unable to understand that whether he is hungry most of the time or can something else be the reason for his irritable behavior.
Puberty results from activation of gonads (testes in boys/ ovaries in girls) by pituitary hormones LH and FSH. Activated gonads produce sexual hormones (testosterone in boys and estrogen in girls ) which are responsible for gender specific physical changes at puberty along with behaviour changes. Testosterone in boys is responsible for hair growth over pubic area and face with maturation of genital organs, breaking of voice, development of muscular and skeletal system. Similarly, estrogen in girls is responsible for breast development, maturation of genital organs with feminisation of body. Bone maturation with rapid height gain is seen at puberty both in boys and girls. Various systemic and hormonal disorders can result in either late or early puberty.
LATE PUBERTY -
Most of the boys show signs of puberty latest by age of 14 years and most girls start showing signs of puberty latest by age of 13 years. The earliest sign of puberty in boys is enlargement of testes and in girls is height spurt/breast development. When boys older than 14 years and girls older than 13 years don't have any signs of puberty it is called delayed puberty.
CAUSES OF DELAYED PUBERTY -
- Constitutional delay is most common cause of delayed puberty. The constitutional delay means child is not having any illness and he is going to develop puberty spontaneously at later age. But diagnosis of this condition can be made only after physical examination and investigations so that other causes of delayed puberty are ruled out.
- Functional hypogonadotropic Hypopogonadism - Delayed but spontaneous puberty develops. This condition can be seen in systemic illnesses like chronic infections, poor nutritional status etc.
- Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism - Disorders of pituitary gland result in low LH and FSH so that testes/ovaries are not stimulated and sex hormone is not produced. This can be caused by various genetic disorders, brain tumours, head injury, brain radiation etc.
- Hypergonadotropic Hypogonadism - In this scenario, LH and FSH levels are normal but gonadal are not able to produce sex hormones resulting in delayed puberty.
CONSEQUENCES OF DELAYED PUBERTY -
The absence of age specific pubertal changes cause anxiety and distress in children and their parents. These children may develop low self-esteem and are teased by their peers. Along with the poor development of physical signs of puberty, fertility is also affected in hypogonadism. And most importantly, delayed puberty can be the symptom of serious underlying illness like intracranial tumours etc. These children deserve medical attention to get best results.
Serum testosterone/estradiol with LH and FSH is done to find out where is defect i.e. whether at the level of pituitary gland or at the level of testes/ovaries. Further investigations depend on levels LH, FSH, estradiol/testosterone. Other useful investigations include prolactin, T4, TSH, ray hand for bone age, ultrasound pelvis, MRI pituitary gland etc.
After diagnosis is established, Testosterone/estrogen replacement should be started to boys older than 14 year and girls older than 13 years respectively. Hormone replacement is very effective and usually safe. In adulthood those with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism can be treated with LH and FSH to produce sperms/ eggs so that they can achieve fertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.