Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. VijayYour feedback matters!
As per biopsy report prostate gland increased and likely to cause cancer in future. Can this disease be cured by Ayurvedic medicines/treatment? Do not want to take allopathy medicines.
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Cause of urinary problems in men
Men experience urinary symptoms either due to inflammation of the prostate gland or prostatitis or symptoms may be the result of a blockage of the passage due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
Symptoms of urinary problems
Urinary symptoms commonly experienced with prostate problems include;
- The need to urinate frequently during the night.
- Urinating more often during the day.
- Urinary urgency is the urge to urinate can be so strong and sudden that one may not reach the toilet in time.
- The urine stream is slow to start.
- Urine dribbling for some time after finishing urination.
- A sensation that the bladder is not fully emptied after urination.
- A lack of force to the urine flow, which makes directing the stream difficult.
- The sensation of needing to go again soon after urinating
- A long course of antibacterial medication (for bacterial prostatitis) is prescribed, because infection is difficult to get rid of, the antibacterial medication will need to be taken for many weeks.
- Medication to improve urine flow and other symptoms (for obstruction caused by an enlarged prostate).
- Surgical procedures (for blockage caused by an enlarged prostate), such as Transurethral Resection of the prostate(TURP), Laser Resection of prostate, Transurethral Incision of the prostate(TUIP).
A number of other procedures that have been developed to reduce urinary symptoms.
Medication for urinary problems
Various medications to help ease your urinary problems, including;
- Medications to reduce the tone of the muscles of the urethra and prostate to minimize any obstruction to urine flow caused when these muscles contract.
- Medication to reduce the size of the prostate gland. These drugs work by blocking the action of male hormones produced by the prostate gland.
- Medications to relax the bladder, making unwanted contractions less likely and reducing the symptoms of urgency and frequency of urination.
Hi The ct colonography of my mother 77 years says" incidently be detected cysts of liver and both the kidneys. Fatty liver. She had acute constipation for more than 6 months with functional bowl disorder abdominal pain and spondyloarthosis. Please advise.
I am 25 year old . I have kidney stone. How to remove it. I have 6 mm stone in my both kidney please help me.
I have been diagnosed with kidney calculus. The size of the stone is around one cm. What is the remedy? Only surgery? (There is only one stone)
Why Urine irritation problem occurs?
Hello everyone I am doctor Gaurav Nigam. I am a pediatrician by profession. I want to talk about a very common complaint which mostly parents come with especially of one or two month old babies.
They tell me that mostly these children are crying a lot passing out urine. The thing is they go from one doctor to the other doctor so many times that they have given this medicine and that medicine whereas there is no medicine required for it. Each and every one of us has a bladder and that bladder gets filled with urine. The thing in these children is that bladder is very small compared to their size. What happens is when the urine fills in it gets distended. It cannot be compared to the feeling of discomfort and that is the reason why baby cries.
So when the bladder fills baby cries and when he passes out the urine the bladder gets empty and baby stops crying. This is a classical cycle which happens every time when a baby passes out urine in certain cases of course. And this is an absolutely normal thing. So for this thing you don't really have to seek the doctor. I think that should solve a lot of queries of a lot of parents.
If you want to seek any help any query that you have for me. You can contact me through lybrate.