Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sulbha AroraYour feedback matters!
My wife was 14 weeks pregnant, after last USG we found IUFD. Doctor suggested induced labour. She gave mifegest 200 and asked us to admit her after 2 days. She is 26 and this is her first pregnancy. I am concerned with mifegest 200. Is it ok to consume? As I received contradictory view from another doctor.
Meri cousin ko operation delivery se baby hua hai. Yha doctors ne unka operation galat kia to infection ki vajah se unke do operation hue. 2 bar anesthesia ki vajah se unhe bahot weakness hoti hai or wo kuch thik se kha ni pati. Fresh ho ke ati hai to unki ankh nahi khulti or blood me zor se kuch flow krta hai or kuch feel hota. Or unhe behoshi jesa hota hai. Unko ye problems kab tak rahengi or abhi is pareshani ke lie koi bhi medicine ya kuch bhi bata dijie jisse wo kuch kha bhi sake. Or weakness khatam ho jae. Or ye Anesthesia ka asar kab tak rahegaa. Please Help Us.
Post-pregnancy weight can be difficult to get rid of. It is a gradual process and often takes time. Experts are of the view that hormonal imbalance and a sudden increase in the diet are the major cause of the additional weight. This being said, shedding weight is possible if a consistent effort is made on a daily basis. Here is a list of health tips to get you started:
- Walk every day: Walking 5 minutes a day does the world of good in the endeavor of shedding weight. Post the 6-week check-up after the arrival of the baby, the duration of walking can be increased. Brisk walking for half an hour can help the body to weight as much as 300 calories a day.
- Don't go on dieting: Feeling deprived of your most favorite foods while you are already stressed out by your new mom role could eventually lead you to gain weight. Instead of go on dieting, eat a well-balanced variety of low calorie foods. Carrot sticks, apple slices and wheat crackers are all good for munching.
- Breastfeed: Breastfeeding for a time duration of 30-45 minutes (about3-4 times a day) helps to lose 600-800 calories per day. Some women even report of shedding all their extra weight just through breastfeeding. This is by far the easiest way of losing weight.
- Cut down on calorie count- Calories, by all means, will have to be cut down. Certain fast food items such as soda, chocolate, and chips should not be consumed at all. Instead, meals rich in nutrient, fresh vegetable, fruits, whole grains etc. should be consumed on a daily basis. However, no matter how much reduce your intake, try not to dip below 1,800 calories a day, particularly if you are breastfeeding.
- Frequent meals- 2 to 3 heavy meals a day are detrimental to a person trying to shed weight. Frequent meals, on the other hand, maintain a steady blood sugar level, reduce the tendency of over-eating and do not let fat store in the body.
- Frequent naps- Studies show that frequent naps can help a great deal of weight. It reduces the craving of eating food with high calorie. It also revitalizes the metabolism and refrains a person from long term self-deprivation. Naps will also help to gather enough energy to perform other physical activities.
- Healthy snacks- Home-made snacks containing whole wheat, low-fat milk and yogurt are good snack options for post pregnancy weight loss. These snacks block hormones that are responsible for storage of fat in the body.
- Yoga or meditation- Yoga has proved to be extremely effective for women trying to shed post-pregnancy weight. It especially helps in toning down the fat in the upper and lower abdomen which is extremely difficult to get rid of. Yoga also relaxes the mind and helps to focus more.
- Consumption of warm water- Drinking warm water after every meal serves two purposes.
- It doesn’t let the fat store inside the body.
- It helps in better digestion. It has to be ensured that the water is mildly warm and drinkable.
- Avoid stress- Nurturing a baby is exhausting enough. Stress on top of this can be disastrous. It leads to depression resulting into junk eating. It has to be ensured that stress is avoided by engaging in activities such as cooking, painting or listening to music.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!