Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Sharita ShahYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I am nizam and my question is how to lose our bodyweight, And how to increase our memory power?
The problem started with throat infection and pressure in head. The pressure starts from neck and with in a few hours it covers entire head. I feel uncomfortable and can't concentrate on work properly. Throat infection gone but I still feel head pressure till date. I live in Mumbai. I contacted doctors he suggested renal and lipid profile test. Cholesterol is slightly high. Triglyceride - 244.70 < 200 mg/dl gpo-pap Vldl - 48.94 (5-35) mg/dl calculated. Renal profile is ok. Near vision is slightly low but as per ophthalmologist spectacles not required. I am 40 year male & work in IT sector before computer 10-12 hours per day. My physician suggested to change your routine and take high fibre food to control cholesterol, But I still not comfortable due to head pressure. It is not like starting days but not completely vanished. I took wikoryl tab for 7 days and betadine gargle. Any expert opinion would be appreciated. Thank you.
I am 32 years old, I am having cigarette from 12 years I want to quite please suggest me how can I stop?
I drink beer once in a week and aftr beer I take cigarette. Ths all bcz of my past life tensions So I wan stop this habit, can you please help me.
Hi, I am feeling depressed. I'm a student. I'm not able give time for me and people and my studies. Even though I study I don't remember. Give me solution to manage time and studies and people.
I met a girl few months ago on social site. We spoke friendly way for someday. She started calling me, texting me every day, one fine day she called me up in the morning. First time I went to meet her she told me that she wants to come home with me, I was not very interested in her so I denied and dropped her home at night. Then she started calling me, texting me every day, she called me and came to my house, this time she kissed me (No intercourse at all) and started flirting with me. I don't know why but I also started responding to her. After that we started meeting up in week ends for next 3-4 weeks, talking over the phone at night. But before that I had lover so I told this girl that I am planning to get married soon. So I told lets not love or do marriage and she told me its fine we can speak upto your marriage and we can drop. But I did not say exact marriage date to her. I told a date month after. But after that she found it from my fb id that I got married a month before. So now she feel cheated I guess. So she is black mailing that I will say everything to your wife and destroy your life. What should I do? I apologized for everything to her and still she is ruining my life and I feel like hell.
Hello. My age is 24 and I am suffering from cold and cough. May be this is because of my habit of smoking. So I wand your advice this. Also i wanna know the diet chart for a high calcium content. Also advice me the exercises one need to follow. Thats it.
My cousin is diagnosed psychosis. Her symptoms lasts for one month. She is under treatment of doctor. Doctor has prescribed respideral 1 mg. She became normal within 10 days after taking this medicine. But She is still taking this pill. She has taken respideral 1 mg for 2 month and now doctor has reduced to 0.5 mg. She is feeling normal with 0.5 mg also. She is 18 year old. If in case doctor advised us to stop the medicine What will be the consequences?
Dementia is a general classification of brain disease that causes a long haul and the frequent steady abatement in the capacity to think and recall. This causes negative influence a man's every day functioning. Other normal manifestations include issues with dialect and a lessening in motivation. An individual's sense of awareness is not influenced. It affects the person’s thinking, language, sense of judgement and behavior. Major cases of dementia are degenerative in nature and cannot be treated.
Homeopathy is an effective and trusted form of medicine used in the treatment of dementia. A holistic approach is used in homeopathy, which ensures the removal of all signs and symptoms of any disorder. Homeopathic medicines do not only treat dementia, but also address the underlying causes.
Here is a list of important homeopathic medicines and the cases of dementia when they are used.
Nux Vom: This homeopathic medicine is used in cases of dementia where the patient is extremely sensitive to the words and actions of others and is always seeking attention. There is suicidal tendency in the patient and he also is inclined towards killing friends. Although suicidal, the patient does not have the courage to perform the act. Extreme irritation is noticed. The patient becomes vindictive and quarrelsome in nature.
Mercurius: This homeopathic medicine is given to patients with dementia who have lost all sense of decency. They become filthy and develop a groveling mentality. Memory weakens to a great extent and the patient has problems with vision, unpleasant breath odour and a heavily coated tongue.
Ignatia: This homeopathic medicine is given to people who have extreme sensitivity of the mind, which further leads to depression and grief. This may occur due to failure in love relationships.
Calcaria Carb: Calcaria Carb is an effective homeopathic medicine used in cases of dementia where the brain and other organs do not develop properly. The patient becomes forgetful and very slow in learning something.
Lycopodium: This medicine is used when the dementia affected people experience great depression, become despondent and constantly worry about themselves and their activities. They become fearful, irritable and angry. Constipation is also observed in such cases.
Staphisagria: Staphisagria is used to treatment dementia characterized by sleeplessness. The patient becomes cowardly and is full of shamefulness, disgust, humiliation and shyness. He would rather be alone than have company.
Chamomilla: This is another homeopathic medicine for treating dementia with acute sensitiveness. Irritation and peevishness are common, and the patient tends to get angry very easily.
Among the various forms of medicines and treatments for dementia, homeopathy is the most natural and effective remedy. There are homeopathic medicines developed for all types of dementia cases, which work proficiently. However, it is still advisable that without consulting your doctor, you must never take a medicine.
Hello doctor, I am from kolkata. Age is 26. I have too much anxiety problems. N nervousness. I also have stammering problem since 8 years. Whenever I am going to talk, I got the anxiety problem.
My father has been drinking alcohol since 20 year daily. And he crossed 51 Age. He drinks daily in less amount. Is it life threatening? please tell me what should I do.
I'm Masturbating since my age 14 frequently like 365 times in 365 daysNow I'm 21y 8months WEIGHT 75KGS HEIGHT 6ft non vegetarian like i'm practising it from 7 years. I did smoking from age 18 to 20. I'm a chain smoker in those 2 years I have quit smoking. I do drink alcohol. Now I am aware that it causes impotence, E. D and semen reduction. So I decided to stop and stopping it, my fear is how much damage did I DONE and is there any cure and retreat damage to normal condition? I don't have any problems till to date with my penis like unusual leakage of semen etc.
I am working in IT sector and sit before computer or smartphone or Tv 12-14 hours on daily basis. For last 15-20 days I am not able to concentrate on my work due to mild headache and head heaviness which starts from back of my head. I also observed my neck remain stiff and slightly pain in arm and neck. Someone suggested me in your panel to do stretch exercise of neck. I am doing exercises but still not feeling good, I am unable to concentrate on work. Would appreciate if you help me. I consulted general physician but nothing worked. Which specialist doctor should I approach for this problem. Thank u.
I have violent mood swings. During any conversation if any thing is said against me or a different opinion is expressed against my opinion I become angry and violent and vulgar speech comes out of me. I am very particular and perfectionist in my work and if other family members do not follow it I get angry. What to do ? If this is psychological disorder then suggest a Doctor in Jaipur.
Last month I got periods again after 14 days counting day one as first day. And this time it was for 10 days. 3/4 days Before commencement I used to get pinching pain only I the tip of my breasts. It went away after the period started those ended on 6th march. Again I M getting pain in the tips. Some times its really bad, I have to hold them, rub gently, press lightly for few mins. It's more on one side. FYI I am going through a lot of stress. Stress beyond my capabilities. Nowadays. Financial crises, no mediclaim. Is it due to that.. Or is this Menopause. Please help. Pleaaassseee.
We generally use the word 'stress' when we feel that everything becomes too much to handle - we are overloaded and wonder whether we can cope with the pressures placed upon us. Nowadays stress is a normal part of life. Almost everyone has some sort of stress. Constantly reacting to stressful situations without making adjustments to counter the effects, threatens our health and well-being.
There are steps you can help you managing day to day stressful conditions and take to feel better.
- Be realistic: If you feel overwhelmed by some activities (yours and/or your family's), learn to say NO! Eliminate an activity that is not absolutely necessary. You may be taking on more responsibility than you can or should handle. If you meet resistance, give reasons why you're making the changes. Be willing to listen to other's suggestions and be ready to compromise.
- Shed the 'superman/superwoman' urge: No one is perfect, so don't expect perfection from yourself or others. Ask yourself, 'What really needs to be done?' How much can I do? Is the deadline realistic? What adjustments can I make?' Don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it.
- Take one thing at a time: For people under tension or stress, their day-to-day workload can sometimes seem unbearable. The best way to cope with this feeling of being overwhelmed is to take one task at a time. Make a list of things you need to get done and start with one task. Once you accomplish that task, choose the next one. The positive feeling of 'checking off' tasks is very satisfying. It will motivate you to keep going.
- Share your feelings: A conversation with a friend lets you know that you are not the only one having a bad day. Stay in touch with friends and family. Ask them how they have dealt with a similar situation that may be 'stressing you out.' Let them provide love, support and guidance. Don't try to cope alone.
- Be flexible: If you find you're meeting constant opposition in either your personal or professional life, rethink your position or strategy. Arguing only intensifies stressful feelings. Make allowances for other's opinions and be prepared to compromise. If you are willing to be accommodating, others may meet you halfway. Not only will you reduce your stress, you may find better solutions to your problems. Go easy with criticism. You may expect too much of yourself and others. Try not to feel frustrated, disappointed or even 'trapped' when another person criticises you.
- Hobbies: Take a break from your worries by doing something you enjoy. Whether it's gardening or painting, schedule time to indulge your interest. Exercise: Regular exercise is a popular way to relieve stress. Twenty to thirty minutes of physical activity benefits both the body and the mind. Meditate: Just ten to twenty minutes of quiet reflection may bring relief from chronic stress as well as increase your tolerance to it.
- Take Herbal Supplement: Herbs like Brahmi, Ashwagandha, Mandukparni, Shankhpuspi, Kaunch are very helpful in managing stress. These herbs work on the brain and help relax you which ultimately empowers you to manage your stressful conditions easily. There are many herbal supplements available in the market that can help you.
- Consult the Doctor: If your stress level doesn't seem to improve with above tips, it may require more attention and consultation with an Expert.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.