Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sharita ShahYour feedback matters!
I am pavan 26 years old my foot was twisting now a days it was causing heavily now a days so please tell me some remedy or tell me what the tests I have to do.
Total cholesterol 278 Triglycerides 347 Ldl cholesterol 185 7 Suffering from hypertension ( avg 160/110) from 3-4 years Age 28 yrs Feels dizzy,cannot concentrate on work properly Doc suggested Triolmezest 40 mg daily after breakfast whole life Please help
Hi I am 35 and my weight is reduce from 65 to 61 kg during last week and also problem of memory spc I couldn' t remember the name of person what shall I do isn' t it for tension or else reason ?
I always get frustrated of things very easily. start fighting with who care for me. And even cry when i m alone. I dont want to fight with my loved ones but some way thing turn into argue and I start fighting and after that my head pains a lot and I cry when I am alone.
I am a 60 years old. I am a tax consultant and I have to sit on chair almost 16 hours daily and work on computer. My leg, knee, ankles. Wrist and palm have started to suffer from pain. What should I do?
I always think about something. It makes me to fall in to stress. How to overcome this over thinking.
We all have times is life when we feel sad and low. Is that a disease and does it require treatment? how to differentiate that sad feeling with depression? this is the question that comes to our mind which leads us to seek treatment from a doctor.
Depression is basically a disorder of mood where there is an reduction of a chemical called serotonin in the brain. Lack of sunlight, stressfull events such as child birth, illness, divorce, work tensions, bereavement, pain, lack of intimate relationships etc can all lead to depression.
To be classified as depression the following symptoms must be present for at least 2 weeks.
Loss of interest or pleasure in anything including what you used to enjoy before.
Sleep disturbances including early wakening, excessive sleeping or inability to sleep.
Ideas of guilt or worthlessness
Decrease or increase in appetite
Inability to concentrate
Slow and sluggish thought process and movements.
As you can notice all these symptoms effect our normal daily functioning and hence requires immediate attention. Suicidal risk in particular is an emergency and needs hospitalization.
The treatment depends on the condition of the patient and there are several options. Nowadays being depressed has become a cool thing and people take antidepressants" happy pills" by themselves. This is not a healthy thing to do. You must consult a doctor and get yourself evaluated before you take any medicines.
Please feel free to ask me a private question if you need further information.
I was good in my academics but not able to do better in making money. Sometimes I felt like a looser and helpless. I am feeling very depressed and do not want to hear my husband's curses. His annoyance make me cry sometime. All the time, I am going through a mental trauma that I am good for nothing. Please help me out.
Curretly i am feeling low Feeling tired and sleepy though I have a good sleep lack of interest in doing day today activities feeling body ache whole day. Please help.
I am suffering with mental depression all the time I can't do anything properly always a noisy situation makes my mind disordered and flawless. I just had one stick of cannabis long days ago from those day I feel like that but before I was fully mentally and physically strong but now I feel shake in my head, always my mind distracts on my condition condition I deeply lost in some negative thinking. I want to everything that I want to do in life I want my Before life back please tell me how can I get survive from this bad situation is there any nervous malfunction included? Which making my head shaking and always feel drowsy please help me sir/mam.
How to increase my height and to decrease weight and I am nothing feeling free more tension problems what to do to come in nrml stage.
• Six million deaths occur worldwide because of smoking.
• About 50% of smokers are expected to die because of tobacco–related illnesses.
• The three most important cigarette–related illnesses, which may be potentially fatal, are heart diseases, lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (Chronic bronchitis or asthma of the adult).
• Smoking cessation is associated with substantial health benefits.
• Smoking cessation can reduce risk of heart diseases, cancer and COPD.
• Quitting smoking can help even after development of smoking–related heart diseases, cancer or COPD.
• Stopping smoking before age 40 is associated with a larger benefit than stopping it at later stage.
• Smoking exaggerates bone loss and is a risk factor for hip fracture. Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 10% of heart blockage diseases all over the world.
• Cigarette smoking is responsible for 33% of all cardiac deaths.
• Quitting smoking even after age 60 is associated with lower risk of deaths.
• Smoking cessation also reduces risk of paralysis.
• Smoking cessation also reduces the progress of blockages in the leg vessels.
• Smoking is associated with premature aging in women.
• Even in smokers older than 80 years, quitting smoking reduces mortality.
• Quitting smoking means no smoking for three years.
• Bidi smoking is as bad as cigarette smoking.
• Tobacco chewing is as bad as cigarette smoking.
How to Know If You're in Love?
A Valentine’s Day brings with it basket full of love that lasts a week and it’s time to find and express love. Falling in love is one of the best, most rewarding feelings in the world! Some of us have had the opportunity of falling in love, while others have misunderstood infatuation for love. Everyone has their own definitions of what love is and what they want it to be. However, here are a few things that will make sure you know you’re in love with someone and you don’t just have a huge crush on him/her.
1. He/she is the best part of your day
If you look forward to seeing your special person because he/she is the best part of your day; it is probably love! He/she is the first person you want to share your news with whether it is good or bad.
2. You love their imperfections
You accept that person for who he/she truly is. The smallest of imperfections don’t upset you. In fact, these imperfections make you love them even more. You look at their imperfections as the tiny things that make them unique.
3. You become a better person
He/she truly brings out the best in you. They help you deal with your negative qualities and highlight your positives. They make you a better human being just by being there with you through it all.
4. He/she is your best friend
The bond you two share is not just a normal girlfriend-boyfriend bond. Over time you’ll become best friends, partners in crime. Parties seem boring without him/her by your side, coming home becomes a lot more fun because you get to come home to him/her. You can share anything, even your deepest, darkest, most embarrassing secrets with him/her.
5. You think long term
You find it hard to imagine your future without him/her in it and you’ll do anything to make sure things between the two of you work. You understand the importance of having him/her in your life and you’re completely willing to give up on temporary satisfactions that might ruin your future with your special person.
There are tons of other ways for you to know you’re really in love with someone. When people say, “it is the little things that count”, it is these little things that they mean.
I am so nervous all time and feeling anxiety I can't be relaxed all time. I felt so tensed all time. What can I do?
Do you switch off the lights a certain number of times before going to bed? Do you clean your windows even after they have been cleaned more than once in the day? Do you check your locks again and again before stepping out? If yes, then chances are you that are suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). OCD is something which is difficult to overcome. However, the great thing is that it is not something that happens to be untreatable.
OCD is something which affects a range of people and to varying degrees. To some, it may have the effect of making their lives a little unusual, and to others it can go some way in greatly mitigating the pleasure they get out of living their lives. A person who suffers from OCD keeps on doubting his or her actions, especially when it comes to the possible repercussions of him or her not doing what he or she was supposed to do. This could include a person asking himself or herself whether he or she has put the gas off, or turned the tap off in the bath tub before to leaving the house.
Taking control of the obsession
- In order to reduce the adverse impact that OCD has on the life of a person, it is important to exercise regularly. This is because OCD is an issue which has a lot to do with the nervous system, along with the brain, and the benefits of exercise on the nervous system can have a meaningful impact.
- A lot of the problems a person experiences with respect to his or her health has to do with the amount of sleep he or she gets. It should really not come as a surprise in that case that it is not much different in the case of OCD. When a person does not get as much sleep as he or she normally should, it can cause issues by way of thoughts and ruminations in a mind that is not rested to an extent that is adequate.
- Many people seek to control their OCD by trying to avoid the fears they face. However, it should be noted that this is not a good way to go about with it due to the fact that avoidance is very likely to compound the level of fear. Instead, a person who suffers from OCD should make an effort to follow a ritual which involves making sure whatever he or she is afraid of is incorporated in it.
OCD is something which has the potential to scare a lot of people. However, adequate effort and treatment can make sure that it no longer should. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.