Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shantanoo JoshiYour feedback matters!
I am unable to concentrate on studies. I am always getting disturbed by some foolish and unuseful thoughts. What should I do to concentrate on studies?
I am 50 years old, I am suffering from pain at my right leg before toe, the pain is unbearable, it is due to my uric acid level is high than normal. Is any medicine to get rid from uric acid.
I have acute mental stress and regular pulpitation and i am taking anti depression medicine and cardio preventive medicine but my mental tension is not curing .Tell me what i do.Laways i feel that there may be heart attack immedietly and suddenly my anxiety increase.No releif from medicine.Please suggest?
I can't sleep well. Also I can't control my emotion like cry, angry.so I need some emotion control pills. So can you suggest one pill for me doctor?
Hii sir mai koi bhi cheez jaldi bhul jata hu mera mind me koi chez zyda din tak nhi rahta h is wajah se mujhe study me bahut problem hota h please mujhe iska koi treatment bataye.
Hello, Im a singer and sometimes my voice will shut me down. Is there any tips, foods,drugs to maintain my vocal chords healthy. Is there any kind of treatments for better voice?
How much days it will take to go under cognitive therapy please guide how much time it should be taken.
I have been worrying about body pains anf viral fever as these are with me for once in a month. How to overcome it?
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point in life, every person faces them. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others. Such tragedies can cripple anybody from inside out, but the children can have a devastating effect on their lives. Therefore, it is important that you love and support them during this phase and help them face the situation well.
Here are a few ways of dealing with the effects of tragedies on kids:
- Talk to them, honestly: It is important to assure the kids that they are not alone in this world and should remember that there are many other people who love them. In case of a tragedy, kids usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside them. You need to talk to them and make them understand that instead of keeping those feelings to themselves, they should talk to you or anyone they trust. Venting out will enable them to relax.
- Act on truth: It is very important to teach the children that no matter what happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. The kids should be surrounded with people they love, as it will make them feel a little relaxed and open. Also, it is essential for them to know that there’s always hope and not all is lost.
- Remain calm: After a large scale tragedy, your children will usually look up to you regarding, how to react in a situation. Although it is okay for your children to see you sad or in grief, but you should keep as calm as possible and do not react intensely. This will help keep them calm and less anxious.
- Reassure your children about safety: You should make your children understand that they are safe and nothing bad will happen to them. They must be reassured that no harm will come upon them as you are always with them.
- Maintain normal routine: It is essential to give your children a feeling of normalcy. You must try to maintain their normal schedule with the usual dinner time, bed time and school time. You must pay special attention to them to make them feel more secure. You should spend extra time with them and always be there for company and reassurance for any factor.
Children are affected severely by any kind of tragedies as they are fragile and immature. Tragedies disrupt the balance of life, but you must try to make your children feel the crisis as less as possible, so that they get less hampered emotionally. A troubled childhood affects the healthy growing up of a child. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!