Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shahji MararYour feedback matters!
I am 58 year old. I have blockage in heart and diabetic since 21 years and suffering from thyroid since 10 years. Since last 6 years I am suffering from depression and taking medicine which are 1. Amizep H 25 mg 2.Epcon 2 mg 3.Oxitine CR forte, but my condition is not improving .I remember only bad things and cry as I lost my father and younger brother in last 9 months. I never forget them. I see bad in others although they have more good things. I like to purchase maney things and purchase but not satisfy. Medicines are not giving relief. What can I do? Kindly advise me.
My cousin sister is 8 weeks 2 days pregnant. In a vaginal ultrasound there is no cardiac activity. One week before a vaginal ultrasound has done growth was good, cardiac activity was recorded. But now as I mentioned above after a week in a vaginal ultrasound there no cardiac activity and size is same as last week doctor said.
My age is 25 and I have high blood pressure taking medicine "amlip 5" regularly since 1.5 year. And it is our family heredity. What is d reason behind high bp? It can be completely cure?
Helo sir I am ashu I am 30 yrs old man n I have suffering from blood pressure problem so what should I do.
I have a chest pain since two days. When I will drink water it will get pains. And when I eat anything it start seveiourly paining. Even though can't sleep. please help me.
I am 67 years young. Problem is higher level of triglycerides and marginal fasting sugar of 130. But have lot of gas. Some pain in lower back. Not taking any medicines.
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.