Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Samitha ChaterjiYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend and I (18 years old) were fooling around sexually and I took my cloths off and she was in her underwear. My penis rubbed against her vagina several times but I did not ejaculate or penetrate. Plus I might have touched my penis while it was wet before pleasuring her vagina. We are scared that she might become pregnant and we can't buy control pills. It's been 2 days since that happened and she's not showing any signs.
I m getting brownish mucus discharge while going toilet. My LMP was 5th may. Doctor had given 12th feb but till yet didn't got any pains what shall I do?
I feel very bad pain during menstrual days. Those five days are really very difficult for me. Please guide me how to get rid from it?
I had 2 miscarriage in 2015 and one in 2016 and my right tube was removed last year due to ectopic pregnancy advice whether I go for IVF or I adopt natural process of conceiving.
After 5 years from my marriage we have no children she have some pregnancy problem or menstrual problem please give me one solution.
Hello sir I want know that after pregnancy my wife weight decreases even she eat regular diet what reason behind it how to increase her weight which medicine I prescribed to her.
My age is 32. My husband age is 33. I got married in the month of may. I want to become pregnant. He wil come only on Saturday and sunday. We have intercourse on that time only. I had constipation problem. Last month I checked haemoglobin, thyroid, pressure,sugar. All normal. We have tried in so many ways. All things got failure. Some people are saying after the period you should not take sweets, egg etc. My doubt is wat food have 2 take for getting pregnant. Another is constipation avoid pregnancy.
Good evening doctor, I am 24 years and married I am having irregular menses and after diagnosing my gyna said said it's pcod hormonal imbalance. So she prescribed me to take susten 300 I took them for 10 days and on 12 th day I got my menses then she said to do some tests. But it's very costly. Please suggest me. I need advice.
Hi I'm 5 weeks pregnant Hai aur humko thyroid 2 years se hai. Dr. thyronorm 100 mcg Suggest kare .hum tablet breakfast se 30 mints before late the but now Dr. told me 2 hr before or atlest 1/2 before lo You please help me breakfast se kitne time before Lena ?¹¹
I am 49 years old woman who is going through menopause. I bleed a little after intercourse. Is it because of the dryness? Can I use KY jelly? Is PAP smear a painful test?
Suppose my wife's 1st day of period is on 10 Dec 15. When we do safe sex without any protection. Her period cycle is 32 days. Plsss tell me.
I am 49 years male and my wife is also 49 years had menopause 5 years back. Refused for sex What should I do.
A 30 year old female patient has persistent swelling in both arms and both legs since past 6 months. The reason for this problem is not yet known. It is also not known which line of doctors needs to be consulted in this regard. Earlier she complaint about trembling in hands, fainting for 15 to 60 minutes, which is not repeating now. She also suffered low blood pressure occasionally. Want to know the right treatment for the problem. CBC, LFT, KFT tests are found to be normal and the cause of swelling in both arms and legs remain undiagnosed.
I want to know whether m pregnant or not? My periods are regular but this months 4 july I got only spotting for half day. I feel very lazy all day and have dizziness also. I did pregnancy test but it comes out negative. What should I do now?
She have a breast problem once in a month getting pain can't press, can't touch? What should she do to cure?
Hello doctor, i'm siva, my wife had delivered 15 months before by cesarian, now she is pregnant once again. Please tell me is this perfect time to go forward. If we do can she face any problem in future. Pls I need some counselling, thank you.
Have you given birth to a newborn of late? Or, are you expecting to be a new mother in a couple of months? Whatever the trigger you surely know how motherhood brings about a huge lot of changes within and without. Motherhood, as a gratifying experience gradually works on our view of the world. It significantly shapes perspectives of people closely related to us. Such changes are internal and go way deeper in deciding the kind of parenthood you are ready for. The more obvious changes are however not satisfying. Many women find it strenuous to accept how their body changes every passing week. There are other disadvantageous health issues an expecting woman is known to face. From headaches, to hormonal imbalances, to back pain and fatigue; they face it all. Reportedly, the most prevalent yet distressing problem among pregnant women is that of hypertension. Causal factors leading to hypertension could be many; it is necessary to get diagnosed before your condition is too acute to tackle.
How can you regulate hypertension to keep healthy while pregnant:
- Addiction is a complete no-no: If you are addicted to smoking or drinking, you should stop immediately. Your bad habits can increase your blood pressure by a high percentage. You must also abstain from taking other banned drugs.
- Obesity is a major concern: Some people think obesity to be a sign of health during pregnancy. It is important to be strong and healthy, but excess of adipose tissues is really not required. Obesity can also lead to miscarriages. Even if you feel like binge eating, stick to a nutritious diet and avoid irregular food habits. The kind of food you take also determines your blood flow. It is better to eat food that has a low level of sodium.
- Indulge in physical activities: Routine workouts and moderate household activities that do not involve exertion must be done by all pregnant women. Exercise helps in circulating blood properly. It effectively betters your condition of hypertension. Consult a healthcare provider for good advice.
- Twins or triplets: If you are carrying more than one baby, you are at a higher risk of suffering from hypertension as your body is making adjustments to added stress. In such a case one needs to take medications to control blood pressure following the advice of a doctor.
- If you are above forty: Pregnant women over the age of forty are more likely to develop one of the four kinds of hypertension typically faced during childbearing. Since, at this age your body has already started degenerating you might be lacking in vitamins. Vitamin supplements, especially the intake of enough folic acid is strongly recommended.