Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nootankumar SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am getting pain in my neck and back of head. I would like to know what are the symptoms of migraine so that I can relate to it and take precautions.
A stroke, also known as cerebrovascular accident (CVA), cerebrovascular insult(CVI), or brain attack, can occur when a part of the brain is deprived of blood flow. When brain cells are deprived of oxygen they begin to die, due to which the functions controlled by that part of the brain also stops, which results in different types of disabilities among stroke survivors.
There are two types of strokes
- Ischemic stroke
The first is caused when a brain aneurysm or a weak blood vessel bursts. Most of the time, this type of stroke leads to death. The second one happens when a clot blocks the flow of blood to the brain. Patients suffering from stroke suffer from various side-effects, the most common ones being paralysis or loss of feeling in a certain part of the body, problem in understanding or talking and loss of vision on one side. The side-effects start showing up immediately after a person has had a stroke.
In certain conditions, blood flow to a certain part of the brain stops for only some time and hence the body suffers stroke-like symptoms which only last a couple of hours before disappearing. This is known as a transient ischemic attack (TIA). Unfortunately, the effects of a stroke can be debilitating and also permanent. Hence, it's important to know the symptoms of a stroke and rush the patient to a doctor as soon as possible. Sometimes early treatment can save a lot of damage.
The primary symptoms of stroke are as follows:
- Confusion and problems while talking and comprehension
- Headache along with alteration of consciousness or vomiting
- Numbness of the face, arms or legs, especially on one side of the body
- Issue with seeing, through one or both eyes
- Inability to walk with stability, including disrupted coordination
- Problems with the bladder and bowel control
- Acute depression
- Body temperature fluctuates, and pain worsens with movement
- Paralysis on one side of the body along with fatigue
- Problem in expressing or controlling emotions
Diagnosis of stroke
Several tests are carried out to determine the type of stroke, such as
- Physical examination, which involves observing the patient's overall condition.
- Blood tests
- CT scans
- MRI scans
- Cerebral angiogram
Stroke is a fatal brain disease and can cause permanent damage to your system so its best to check with doctor to know how you can prevent it.
There are continuous pain in my left side head .then I go to neurophysion he told me that I suffering from migraine. So what are cause and care of this.
What are the symptoms for migraine? How can I find my child having migraine? What are the treatments?
Is Sleep Paralysis a Symptom of a Serious Problem? Yesterday left side full not sense (top to bottom like head, hand and leg) this is 1st time happening to me.
I am suffering from anxiety. One of my symptoms is head shaking when I concentrate or making eye contact with another person. Due to this I Can not attend AnY interview. How long will iT take to disappear. Am having arip mt 5.lithosun, pramipexole. Actually I Do not have this symptom before having medication. When I start arip mt and discontinue prodep I began to feel my head is very heavy and shaking too. In the past my doctor advice me to take arip mt instead of prodep. I used prodep for more than 3 week. Suddenly I stopped iT and took arip mt. Is it a problem. Is it curable. How long will iT take? please help me. My other symptoms are heart racing, lip tension, shivering hands and legs, face become hot . And I never had head shaking. Is head shaking due to the side effect of medication.
Dear Doctors, My age is 34 years old male and unmarried. I want to live life like a swan not like crows. I want to live the best life by achieving the best I can. I want good attitude with purity, patience, confidence and love. But my life is fully opposite. Low paid job, and unmarried. I never like my life and myself. I am very fearful, hesitant and depressed. I feel like committing suicide everyday. I always pray god that take me away from this life and cry inside everyday. Always fear and inactive. I started watching motivational movies and meditation. So I could be free of fear for sometime. Should I commit suicide? Or is it possible to achieve my dreams? I beg all doctors, please guide me.
My mom is totally bed ridden from November Actually she got Blood clot in head so Operation has been done After a month again a bed sore happened for that again Operation has been done So Now she is able to speak slowly She is not able to walk She is getting pain in bones knee Totally body pains why should be taken and physiotherapy is going on please help in me in this Treatment is taken from apollo.
Migraine vs. Headache: know the difference
How to differentiate between a migraine and headache?
When you feel pain or pressure in your head, it may become difficult for you to assess whether you are experiencing a common headache or a migraine. Let's understand how different they are from each other.
A typical headache usually affects both sides of your head and varies from a mild to moderate pain. It can last from 30 minutes to up to a period of one week.
Some specific areas which get affected by a headache are:
- Back of your neck
Factors that trigger this headache type are a muscle strain, stress or anxiety.
A migraine, on the other hand, is also a type of a headache which results in an acute throbbing sensation in one part of your head. Usually, migraine headaches are highly painful. Migraine pain makes it difficult for a person to carry out his/her daily tasks. Symptoms or signs associated with migraine attacks are:
- Sensitivity to sound or light
- Pain in the temples
- Temporary loss of vision
- Pain behind your ear or eye
What are the common causes of a migraine?
- Hormonal imbalances in women - fluctuations in oestrogen, especially during menopause or pregnancy seem to trigger a migraine
- Drinks like wine and extremely caffeinated beverages
- Foods such as salty foods, aged cheese as well as processed foods can trigger the migraine attack.
- Medications - vasodilators such as nitroglycerine and oral contraceptives can intensify migraine pain.
How to treat a headache?
Fortunately, you can get rid of stress-induced headaches through over-the-counter treatments, which include:
How to treat a migraine?
If you experience migraine attacks less frequently, these medicines may give you quick relief:
- Triptans, such as rizatriptan (Maxalt) or almotriptan (Axert)
- Antinausea medicines, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), promethazine (Phenergan) or prochlorperazine (Compazine)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as acetaminophen, naproxen sodium, aspirin or ibuprofen
Some preventive tips:
- Make changes in your diet such as avoid such foods, including caffeine and alcohol which are believed to trigger headaches.
- You can also try muscle relaxation exercises, yoga or meditation to ease the migraine attack.
Related Tip: 8 Common Migraine Triggers You Must Stay Away From
My father have in left leg with numbness and no feeling also no sensation in foot, some time severe burning in both leg. The problem is have more a month. What we do?
I have migraine problem what should I do. If I don't take torkast FX I feel pressure what should I do?
I have severe acidity problem, as well as gas problem and migraine. So what medicine should I take? Please recommend me liquid medicine cause I can't take capsules. Even if it's in powder form that will also do. Cause I don't take tablets or capsules. Thank you.
I am 32 years old female having a huge amount of hair fall and migraine problems with joint pain can you suggest some remedies which can be easily made at home.
My question is for neurologist. I have nerve compression in my spinal cord c6-c7 since 6 months over it is detected in MRI. If I do push ups or lift heavy weight it cause pain in my left shoulder and neck the very next day I get up from bed, solution plzz. I want 2 play games and exercise.
From my childhood I got my hands and feet too much cold that no one wants my touch at evening time and my body shakes that I can not stay normal just shaking and shaking. This is same for all the seasons but only happens at early morning and after evening and sometimes daytime too.
My son is 3 years old. He speaks only words. He can ask for water, food,Toys whenever required. He knows alphabet, colors and numbers. For things he does not know he will use his own words. He can tell few objects. He can hear also very well. If crow makes sound he will hear that and tell us crow. He can hear bus or car and tell us it is bus or car. He is good in physical activities. He has does not form sentences yet. If you speak to him in sentences he will repeat a word from it. He cannot say full. Is it normal for 3 years old kid to speak in words only? I visited a NGO and they said he has mild autism. Its hard to believe this. But I would like to confirm if these are symptoms of ASD or is it normal for my child to speak in words. I am really worried when my child will speak properly. What is the age by then they speak properly?
She was in paralysis condition since seven month. Improve very slowly what I give her to eat for her fast recovery?
Epilepsy is defined as a neurological disorder, which affects people of all age groups. However, the cases of seizures are found more in young children (likely to occur in as many as 4% of children) than in adults. It is still not known as to why a developing brain is more prone to seizures than a mature brain. A child is said to be suffering from epilepsy when they occur frequently.
As parents your responsibilities are compounded if your child has epilepsy. You not only have to pay heed towards the normal concerns of his/her upbringing but also have to look into your child's emotional aspects, while dealing with the disorder in your day to day life.
You can help your child deal with the condition in the following ways:
1. It is quite likely that your child may feel resentful and develop emotional issues, such as depression or low self-esteem. Help your child cultivates positive attitude towards life and his/her disease.
2. Try to make your child come to terms with reality by helping him/her to understand that even though he/she may be different, he/she shouldn't look upon the condition as something that is abnormal. It is best to help your child concentrate on his/her strengths at such times.
3. Help your child participate in activities of his/her choice to instill positivity in life.
4. Make sure your other children understand their sibling's ailment and if he/she feels neglected try and spend more time with him/her. If need be, seek family counselling to make everyone understand how to deal with your child's illness.
5. Learn about your child's medication schedule thoroughly and also find out what he/she needs to do in case a dose of medication is missed.
6. Develop an environment where he/she feels comfortable and can easily share a concern or anxieties.