Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil KarnikYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old male, every time I go to get by bp checked it goes way beyond the normal range of 120-80. I feel alot of anxiety the moment the doctor straps the band on my arm. But when I am in my normal day to day chores I am absolutely normal. Does that mean I have hypertension?
1) Cuts Your Risk of Cancer - Major researchers from all over the world agree that drinking Green Tea regularly can reduce your risk of cancer. Several polyphenols found in Green Tea are potent antioxidants that can prevent the growth of cancer cells and reduce the opportunities for tumors to thrive!
2) Protects Skin - Consumed or applied Green Tea has several benefits as well. For instance, Green Tea, when applied directly on the skin can help block skin cancer and reduce tanning. That's the reason why growing number of companies now use green tea extracts in their moisturizers and sunscreens. At the same time, it soothes your skin from cuts and scrapes when applied directly.
3) Increases Metabolism - You have heard it before! But we will remind you of the same again. Green tea is often known for increasing metabolism, which in long run, with exercising and healthy dieting can help you lose more weight. Drink a cup about half an hour before exercising and you will feel more powerful.
4) Stay Young - Green Tea, when consumed at least two cups a day regularly can help you stay younger, by giving your skin a natural glow and ensuring that your arteries don?t clog fat and cholesterol.
5) Steadies your Blood Pressure - Sipping even a single cup of Green Tea every day can help in reducing your chances of getting hypertension and high blood pressure. This is because of polyphenols, which can keep vessels from contracting and raising blood pressure.
If you have any more questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I had taken medicine novastat 5 for ldl as per doctor as ldl is above 100 for long time. And I have mild hypertension. 4 months continue and now ldl is 50. But the doctor who prescribe the medicine is on leave for 2 weeks. So I can not decide what to do. Now I have problem about ed and pe. Is this problem arises from medicine for cholesterol.
Can a chronic anxiety cause heart problem or heart failure? I want to know the details pls to avoid it.
My LDL is 135 and non HDL cholesterol is 148. What kind of precaution I have to take and what is the treatment should be taken.
My age 34 years I had got a test done I am having total cholesterol at 238 triglycerides at 245 sgpt at 62.44 and sgot at 39.85 Report attached.
My father age 55 year and his BP is 170 upper and 100 lowest. Please advise me which food to avoid and which medicine to take.
I am 26 years old .i don't have habit of smoking and drinking But while walking sometimes I got right chest pain suddenly .its not frequently rarely only.
I am a 50 yr old lady. I had menopause for the past 5 years and recently I had a slight bleeding. I have been facing a problem of fibroids. My fibroid measures 5x4.6x3.6 inches in the posterior wall. The endometrium canal is mildly thickened and there is mild endometrium hyperplasia. I got a dnc done which showed disordered proliferative type endometrium. Some doctors have suggested me to undergo hysterectomy. After this I also started having a high blood pressure. Is it because of the fibroids? is it necessary for me to undergo hysterectomy.
I am 50 years old female I am an diabetic patient and under a medication with 500mg gluconate. I am suffering from chest pain and often a severe pain in left hand. Do I have to go for any cardiac tests? Or is it a simple trouble. Kindle respond, thank you.
Sometimes while sleeping by my left side, I feel a bit pain in my heart side. But as I change my position, I feel normal. I don't feel any pain during the day. Only when I lay by my left side. Sometimes. Not regularly. Please suggest what should I do. Thank you:)
I have bp since last 15 years but now a days my bp is always 160/100 I take telmikind 40 after breakfast. I am a woman of 49 years. Pl advise diet & precautions to be taken.
Hello sir I am 49 years old I am taking mascart 40 tablet in high blood pressure and velol 25 mg for low blood pressure. Both tablet we have taken at daily routine. Bp is stable but pulse rate not control 110 to 125. And fever symptoms. I have a stomach ulcer problem. Can you please suggest what we have to do.
Menopause brings about a lot of changes in a woman's body. It not only signifies the end of her fertility and child bearing days, but it is a sign of growing age and the body progressing in a new direction of aches, pains and vulnerability. While some of these are natural, others can prove to be dangerous as it significantly increases the risk of heart disease (unlike common myths, women do get heart attacks). The risk factor is also goes up if the woman suffers from diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure. One of the widely known, but well ignored fact remains that women with a sedentary lifestyle increase their risk and vulnerability to all of these diseases. A family history in heart disease can also turn into a risk factor when menopause sets in.
The natural age of menopause is considered to be around 50 and when a woman reaches this age, the estrogen levels in her body experience a sharp drop. This hormone is partly responsible in maintaining heart health in women. Other factors that are triggered during menopause include changes in body fat distribution from a gynoid to an android pattern, reduced glucose tolerance, abnormal plasma lipids, increased blood pressure, increased sympathetic tone, endothelial dysfunction and vascular inflammation.
Experiencing menopause? Here's how you can lower your risk of heart disease
A healthy lifestyle never comes by accident, only by choice. And this is an essential key in controlling diseases that come as a side effect of menopause too. Here are some thing you can do:
- Walk / Exercise: This isn't a 5-day week practice. You need to exercise throughout the week in order to maintain heart health. It helps your heart to pump blood through your body and also reduces risks to other diseases like high blood pressure and cholesterol. One key benefit is that it helps keeps the weight off - that should be good reason to walk an extra mile.
- Choose a healthy diet: Most people mistake a diet to be about not eating the things you really like. A good diet can be made very tasty and can also be portioned in such a way that it leaves less room for craving. As always avoid the junk, deep fries and extra helping of cheese.
- Hormonal therapy: There has been contradicting evidence on hormonal replacement therapy for estrogen can lower the risk of heart disease. Some women continue to be advised this treatment based on their particular case history, especially for women who undergo surgical menopause (when the uterus and other reproductive organs many have to be removed due to life threatening conditions like cancer).