Find numerous Diabetologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Diabetologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Diabetologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Neha M ChaturvediYour feedback matters!
While i walk it pains in upper corner of knee &in calf muscle.Otherwise no pains or odema .I am diabetic with little high bp in control by allopathic medicines.I am strong believer in homeopathy.Tried many but no success for this ailment.Please help
I am 41 years old, I am diabetic for more than 10 years -having hypertension for more than 10 years-now my blood creatinine and urea levels are high and i am on dialysis twice a week since one month-my creatinine level now is 7.6 and urea 50 what do you suggest for me, I am employed and otherwise feeling normal- Please reply.
I am 50 and diabetic for past 10 years. For about 6 months I am having allergies on any part of my body in the form of rashes. Pin pricking sensation in fingers and feet. Taking loratidine and now under control. Please suggest some remedy.
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
Tests which confirm about Diabetes and its Symptoms
Hello friends main doctor Hanish Gupta hu, diabetes related kuch information mein aaj aaplogo ke sath share karne aaya hu. Main Delhi sahar mein practice karta hu aur Lybrate ka abhari hu ki Lybrate mujhe yeh avsar de raha hai ki main apke sath diabetes ke upalaksh mein kuch batey discuss kar saku. Sabse zyada pechida sawal jo main logo se sunta hu jo ki vastavik roop mein ek simple sawal hai who yeh hai ki kya diabetes mujhe hai bhi yah nahin?
Har insaan janna chahta hai ki diabetes yah madhumeh jaisi bimari ussey grasth kar rahi hai yah nahin? Well iska jawab aap ek simple blood test dwara kahi bhi kisi bhi laboratory mein test kara ke paa sakte hai. Agar apka fasting blood sugar 126 se zyada hai who bhi do avsaro par naki ek avsar par toh apko diabetes ka mareez ghoshit kiya jayega. Isi upalaksh mein ek aur test hota hai jo ki hai glycosylated haemoglobin jissey asaan bhasha mein hba1c ka test kaha jata hai. Is test dwara apke teen mahine ki blood sugar ki ausat pata lagayi jaa sakti hai. Iss test ka humein result percentage mein milta hai. Agar yeh test 6.4% se zyada kisi bhi mariz mein paya jaa raha hai toh ussey bhi diabetes ka mareez ghoshit kiya jaa sakta hai.
Dosto diabetes itni pechida bimari nahin hai jisko bana diya jata hai. Diabetes ko pata lagan ke liye keval yeh do test mahetwapurn bhi hai aur purn taur pe purey bhi hai jiske dwara aap diabetes ke barey mein pata laga sakte hai. Kuch aisi baatey aur bhi hain jo main apke sath discuss karna chahta hu jaise diabetes ke lakshan kya hai. Well agar apke parivar mein koi aisa sadasya hai jissey diabetes hai yah apke upar 40 saal se zyada ho chuki hai yah apko sudden unexplained weight loss hai yah aap wazan mein zyada hai yah aisa hai ki kuch dino se apko zarurat se zyada bhook lagne lagi hai yah zarurat se zyada peshaab aney lag gaya hai toh apko diabetes ke test karwana anivarya hai.
Toh dosto in vishesh baton ka agar aap dhyaan rakhengey toh aap apno ko aur apne parijano ko diabetes jaisi bimari se bacha sakte hai. Mere se sampark karne ke liye aap kabhi v Delhi mein mere clinic ka address Lybrate dwara paa sakte hai. Dhanyabaad!
I have followed a diet to shed 9 KGS in 4 months and now on a maintenance mode. I feel that my mouth has started to dry up a lot these days even after taking care of the liquid intake. I take 500 ml water empty stomach without brushing and drink approx 3l water during the day in addition to coconut water and fresh fruit juices. Can this be a symptom of some other problem? I have slightly high level of cholesterol and fatty liver as per preventive health checkups done 6 months back. I have diabetes in family but my sugar levels are always normal.
The popular spice may help prevent and combat diabetes by acting as an insulin substitute for people with type 2 diabetes. Cinnamon itself has insulin-like activity and also can potentiate the activity of insulin. Cinnamon has a bio-active component that we believe has the potential to prevent or overcome diabetes.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones."
Is there any alternate substance to reduce intake of sugar, gradually and stop completely over the period of 4-6 weeks from now? Please suggest.
I am 59 years old male. Suffering from diabetis for last 25 years. Now taking insulin 50 units & metformin 1500mg per day. I like to know my daily diet.
My father have sugar. He uses zentac300 tablets. He feels his sugar level is normal. Can he decrease the dose?
Sir I am pregnant for 8 weeks. Lmp was on 22 apr and u/s was done on 18 jun. In u/s report there was not heartbeat in baby. Doctor gave me pluton 500 mg injection and told me to come after one week. How much chance is there that my baby will get heartbeat?
How to control or maintain our sugar and blood pressure, and who's medicine is less cost and better for diabetes patient?
I am 49 years old. 62 yrs weight. 5' 6" height. Glucose fasting 105 mg, glucose post prandial. 118 mg, hdl colestrol. 42 mg, ldl. 131 mg, vldl. 25 mg, triglycendes. 123mg, creatine 1.2 mg. Light gastric problem. Please inform my health condition. With the above reasons, if any problem to my health condition in future? if so please inform precautionary measures prevent
What are the symptoms of diabetics and how should we prevent them to occur on beginning stage n tips to prevent diabetics.
I am 66 years, have type-2 diabetes, taking protein supplement is there any harm? does it promote stones? how much protein need to be taken?
Sugar is an important source of calories in the body as it can provide immediate energy to the body after consumption. Sugar being a simple carbohydrate is digested quickly and released into the bloodstream to be used as energy. However, too much sugar in the bloodstream at once can cause a host of disorders in the body including affecting one's sex life. Outlined below are the ways how sugar adversely affects sex life-
1. Impairs the gene that regulates sex hormones - Glucose and fructose are synthesized in the liver, where the excess is converted into fat. When fat synthesis rate goes up in the body, it affects SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) gene in the body. This gene is responsible for regulating the levels of testosterone and estrogen in the body. Hence, in this case, the affected person becomes highly susceptible to infertility.
2. Lowers testosterone levels - Indulging in a diet that consists of too much sugar affects insulin resistance. Due to this, testosterone levels drop in both men and women. This causes disorders related to sexual function such as erectile dysfunction and also reduces sex drive.
3. Fatigue and reduced energy levels - Foods high in sugar cause temporary spikes in blood sugar which in turn results in fatigue, thus reducing sex drive. It also decreases levels of Orexin, a neurotransmitter that regulates feelings of arousal in the body, causing fatigue and lethargy.
4. Increases stress - Increased stress levels as a result of sugar consumption occur when high insulin levels cause the body to produce cortisol, a stress hormone. Too much cortisol in the body decreases libido. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.