Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakshmi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Egg size 23 mm and ruptured on 14 th day. 11 day done sex. And how many days I have? .planning for pregnancy. 11 th day sex is worthfull or not?
मेरी शादी को तीन साल हो गए है परंतु में अभी तक गर्भवती नहीं हुई हूँ मेने डॉक्टर से इस सम्बंध में सलाह ली एवं जाँच रिपोर्ट में पाया गया की मेरे शरीर में anti mullein हॉर्मोन की कमी के कारण गर्भवती नहीं हो रहे हो मुझे क्या करना चाहिए
Maine period k next day hi sex kiya h aur mere piriod ki date aage pichhe hoti rhti h. Kya mai pregnent ho skti hu. Agar ha to upay bataiye please.
I had intercourse with my bf on 7 December 2016. I think he ejaculated inside me but after having intercourse within 9 hours I took i-pill but reason for me to be here is that my period have become irregular sometime its early sometime its from from last three months and this months due date has come but periods didn't happened .so I a worried that am I pregnant or if no then what is the reason for irregular periods and also I had taken home pregnancy test after second cycle and the result was negative.
Laparoscopy is also known as minimally invasive surgery or keyhole surgery, is a modern surgical procedure in which small incisions of about 0.5-1.5 cm are made far from the location of the operation.
Mechanism of laparoscopy:
One or more such holes on the abdominal wall serve as passageways for a specialised instrument called a laparoscope. A long, thin tube headed by a high resolution camera and a high intensity guiding light is inserted through the incision. As the instrument moves along, the camera transmits images to a video monitor enabling your surgeon to see inside without opening up your body for surgery.This process is used to diagnose unidentified abdominal or pelvic pain.
What conditions laparoscopy deals with
Conditions like ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disorders are generally treated using laparoscopic surgery. Moreover, laparoscopy is also used to remove the gallbladder, appendix, patches of endometriosis or detect adhesions, fibroids and cysts. Also a biopsy of the organs inside the abdomen can be done through laparoscopy.
Restrictions you need to follow during the first couple of weeks:
For the first couple of weeks after the surgery, your doctor might ask you to abstain from driving, tub bathing, swimming and having sexual intercourse. Make sure that you follow these rules and get adequate amount of sleep to ensure speedy recovery.
Recovery time for a laparoscopic surgery is only a few days, and to get through this period easily seek the help of a friend or family member to manage your medications and lift your spirits.
Sir mera engagement hua hai mere wife k saat mera sex hua 9 July 2016 ko. Magar uske 4 din pehle periods ho chuke the usko. Magar tabse abhi tak periods nhi aye. Ha magr sex kiya tha tab maene sperm bahar chohhda tha. Ek hi baar sex hua. Kya wo pregnant hogi. Agar wo pregnant hai to hame ye baby nhi chahiye abhi. Kya karu please batao mujhe. Or ha ussay blood ki kami hai. Ya iss waja se ussay periods nhi aye. Please. Answer me.
Hyperhidrosis is nothing but an expression of the disturbance in the inner hormonal balance and this is expressed in the form of the profuse discharge. Hence, it is required to be treated at the inner level rather than treating it by local application of cream and antibiotics.
- Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that the treatment focuses on the patient as a person as well as his pathological condition. The medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution and so on.
- Homeopathy provides natural constitutional remedies for treating this condition from the roots and not just working on the symptom but repairs the derangement which is causing this. It offers excellent treatment which is effective, harmless, and without any side effects. It is also recommended in the most obstinate cases.
- Today homeopathic remedies are the best non surgical solution for hyperhidrosis or profuse sweating or perspiration.
- You can easily take an online consultation for further treatment guidance and permanent cure without any side effects.
My name is Dr Tarun Jhamb and I’m an MD Medince. I am practising for last fifteen years. I am connected to Lybrate. I’m also practising at Columbia Asia Hospital and we will discuss the health topic one of which is Dengue Fever. We know for the next three months, there is a possibility of Dengue Fever in the rainy season. Dengue is a mosquito borne viral fever and it just spreads from the bite of the mosquito and spreads person to person. Most of the times it is self-treatable and it’s a preventable disease but there are a few cases which have gone into complications which are known as Dengue Shock Syndrome or Dengue haemorrhaging Fever.
Common symptoms of the Dengue Fever is the high-grade fever, 104- 105 temperature with body ache, joint pain, muscle pain, rashes all over the body, and severe weakness. A person becomes very dilapidated within one or two days and feels very uncomfortable and he becomes sick. It is a treatable disease. Lots of liquids and electrolytes are required.
What are the dos and don’ts for this disease?
Do is, we have to take care of not getting stagnant water in coolers or in and around the home. We should take care of using the mosquito repellent, material or the jellies. We can use the net to avoid the mosquito bite. We should intake a lot of water and electrolyte supplements. We should take bed rest for few days. We need to see the doctor as soon as we see the symptoms of dengue fever.
Things we don’t have to do, do not use disprin or the voveran tablet during the fever because these are the blood thinners. Do not avoid or delay the treatment. As we see the symptoms like bleeding from anywhere on the sight and black stool, continuous vomiting and severe weakness and continuous fever which leads to fainting.
These are the serious symptoms which should be immediately taken care of and we should seek the help of the doctor. It is a preventable disease. We should take care of the blood testing where we find the dengue test at initial four to five days, likely to be positive and antibody test after four to five days, is likely to be positive. Platelets are falling after four to five days and remain for the next three to four days and then it automatically starts. Some people require hospitalization as well as the platelet transfusion. The upper limit of the platelet is up to ten to fifteen thousand where we can prevent or avoid the platelet transfusion. But if it is going down lower or there is any sign of bleeding up to forty thousand then we have to give the platelet transfusion request.
If you need any of my help, I am available at Lybrate. My home clinic is Naman Medicare at Gurgaon, Sector IV.
Foods that you must eat to gear up your metabolism and they will help you lose weight:
- Protein-rich foods: Protein-rich foods, such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy, legumes, nuts and seeds, could help increase your metabolism for a few hours. They do so by requiring your body to use more energy to digest them. This is known as the thermic effect of food (TEF). The TEF refers to the number of calories needed by your body to digest, absorb and process the nutrients in your meals. Research shows that protein-rich foods increase TEF the most. Protein-rich diets also reduce the drop in metabolism often seen during weight loss by helping your body hold on to its muscle mass. What’s more, the protein may also help keep you fuller for longer, which can prevent overeating.
- Iron, zinc and selenium-rich foods: Iron, zinc and selenium each play different but equally important roles in the proper function of your body. However, they do have one thing in common: all three are required for the proper function of your thyroid gland, which regulates your metabolism. Research shows that a diet too low in iron, zinc or selenium may reduce the ability of your thyroid gland to produce sufficient amounts of hormones. This can slow down your metabolism. To help your thyroid function to the best of its ability, include zinc, selenium and iron rich foods like meat, legumes, nuts and seeds in your daily menu.
- Chilli peppers: Capsaicin, a chemical found in Chilli peppers, may boost your metabolism by increasing the number of calories and fat you burn. Capsaicin may have appetite-reducing properties.
- Coffee: Studies report that the caffeine found in coffee can help increase metabolic rate by up to 11%. Furthermore, caffeine may also help your body burn fat for energy and seems especially effective at boosting your workout performance. However, its effects seem to vary from person to person, based on individual characteristics such as body weight and age.
- Tea: According to research, the combination of caffeine and catechins that’s found in tea may work to boost your metabolism. In particular, both oolong and green tea may increase metabolism by 4–10%. This could add up to burning an extra 100 calories per day. In addition, oolong and green teas may help your body use stored fat for energy more effectively, increasing your fat-burning ability by up to 17%. Nevertheless, as is the case with coffee, effects may vary from person to person.
- Legumes and pulses: Legumes and pulses, such as lentils, peas, chickpeas, beans and peanuts, are particularly high in protein compared to other plant foods. Studies suggest that their high protein content requires your body to burn a greater number of calories to digest them, compared to lower-protein foods. Legumes also contain a good amount of dietary fiber, such as resistant starch and soluble fiber, which your body can use to feed the good bacteria living in your intestines. Legumes are also high in arginine, an amino acid that may increase the amount of carbs and fat your body can burn for energy. In addition, peas and lentils also contain substantial amounts of the amino acid glutamine, which may help increase the number of calories burned during digestion.
- Metabolism boosting spices: Certain spices are thought to have particularly beneficial metabolism-boosting properties. For instance, research shows that dissolving 2 grams of ginger powder in hot water and drinking it with a meal may help you burn up to 43 more calories than drinking hot water alone. This hot ginger drink also seems to decrease levels of hunger and enhance feelings of satiety. Similarly, adding cayenne pepper to your meal may increase the amount of fat your body burns for energy, especially following a high-fat meal. However, this fat-burning effect may only apply to people unaccustomed to consuming spicy foods.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar may increase your metabolism. In one study, mice given vinegar experienced an increase in the AMPK enzyme, which prompts the body to decrease fat storage and increase fat burning. In another study, obese rats treated with vinegar experienced an increase in the expression of certain genes, leading to reduced liver fat and belly fat storage. Apple cider vinegar help you lose weight in other ways, such as slowing stomach emptying and enhancing feelings of fullness. If you’d like to give apple cider vinegar a try, be careful to limit your daily consumption to two tablespoons (30 ml).
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is experiencing a surge in popularity. That may be partly because coconut oil is high in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). This is contrary to most other types of fats, which usually contain higher amounts of long-chain fatty acids. Unlike long-chain fats, once MCTs are absorbed, they go directly to the liver to be turned into energy. This makes them less likely to be stored as fat. In addition, researchers report that a daily intake of 30 ml of coconut oil may successfully reduce waist size in obese individuals.
- Water: Drinking enough water is a great way to stay hydrated. Additionally, it seems that drinking water may also temporarily boost metabolism by 24–30%. About 40% of that increase may come from your body trying to match the water’s temperature to its own. Yet, the effects only seem to last for 60–90 minutes after drinking it and may vary from one person to another.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!