Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmiYour feedback matters!
I am a 24 old my problem is I am not coming in periods from 3 months and I am mot married what can I do. I had this problem before also I did medication bit no difference.
My follicles are not growing on the 13th day of my cycle my follicle was 3 mm on the 18th day it grew only to 5 mm what is the reason and what should I do?
I want to make my wife pregnant soon which medicine can I take its been 8 months I married exact medicine which can get my sperm better.
My mother aged 52 years is having small uterine fibroids which is causing her problems such as irregular periods also periods not stopping. Please suggest what to do. Should I get her operated or medicines will help. Please suggest a good doctor or hospital in Kolkata.
1) EPSOM salt---
Warm water bath of epsom salt, which is rich in magnesium, is a good pain reliever. This is very helpful for arthritis patients and also relieves leg pain.
Good balance of work and rest is very necessary. Take enough rest as it relieves leg pain.
2) rubbing lobelia paste also provides relief in leg pain. This is one of the best home remedies for leg pains.
3) vinegar is also great for relieving leg pain, controlling weight, chest burns, injuries of joints, and bad breath.
A cloth pad thoroughly wet in vinegar solution when applied firmly to joints, foot or other part of leg relieves leg pain and discomfort.
4) eating hard shell nuts also relief leg pain.
5) gently massage you leg using hot pads as it provide physical relief to leg pain.
Massaging with oils like mustard oil, coconut oil gives fast relief from severe leg pain.
Regular warm oil massage in downward direction relieves leg pains. Stretch your leg gently and massage the strained muscles using warm oil, it gives relief from pain in joints, knees, leg palm, calf muscles, and hips.
6) you can also take one tablespoon methi, which is a very effective vegetable and helps in curing various diseases. Dry methi leaves under sun for 4-5 days. Mix it in a glass of water. Take this mixture in early morning.
7) warm water bath relaxes overall body and mind, so whenever you feel tiredness and pain in leg, go for warm water bath, this will unstrain the tired muscles.
Avoid taking alcohol, excess sugar, smoking, and chewing tobacco.
Meri shaadi ko 2 saal to gye or abhi tak Hume ko baby ni hua? Please give me your best opinion for gain pregnancy.
I am suffering from irregular periods with every month extension of a few days. Sometimes. There is a burning sensation in my vagina. And also sometimes my color of urine get blackish frm pale.
Jb ovary me cysts ka size nhi diya gaya ho bs small likha ho to cysts kab kab se hoga or ye problem puri tarah solve ho sakti hai kya.
My wife is suffering with ectopic pregnancy. Now it is 2 months of pregnancy. She is having back pain and dullness.
Madam, I am 34 years women, I have thyroid for 3 months, I have one child, no periods regularly and face, legs big. Please suggest my problems.
Any surgery that requires an incision will involve sutures or staples as the last step of the procedure. This helps close the incision and keep out infections. Taking care of your stitches can help limit scarring and discomfort and speed up the healing process. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Keep it clean and dry: For the first few days, use a washed wet cloth to clean the incision site. After a few days, you may start washing the area with soap and water unless advised else wise by your doctor. Ensure that you dry the skin thoroughly after washing it. Avoid baths that involve soaking the area in water. Also, avoid swimming. Do not use any powders, lotions, creams, deodorants etc on the wound site.
- Look out for signs of infections: Avoid activities that may involve exposing your wound to dirty water, chemicals, dust etc. This increases your risk of infections. Also look out for signs f infections such as redness, swelling, pus or bleeding, fever or increased pain from the wound. In case you notice such signs, consult your doctor at the earliest.
- Do not scratch: As it heals, your skin is likely to turn itchy. However, refrain from scratching so as to reduce chances of infections. Do not try and pull away from the scab but let it fall off on its own. This will also help limit scarring.
- Limit contact: Avoid wearing tight clothes or anything that sticks to the skin while your wound is healing. Instead have plenty of loose, comfortable clothes easily accessible. Also, do not take part in close contact sports such as football etc until the stitches have healed completely.
- Change your dressing regularly: A dressing should be changed as soon as it gets wet or soaked with blood or other body fluids. Wear clean medical gloves while changing a dressing. When putting on a new dressing do not touch the inside of the dressing or apply any creams on the stitches unless advised so by your doctor. In the case of removable stitches, the doctor will usually remove the stitches after a few days. DO not attempt to pull the stitches out on your own.
- Avoid exposing the wound to sunlight: New skin that forms as the incision heals is very sensitive to sunlight and gets sunburnt very easily. Limiting your exposure to sunlight can help reduce the effects of scarring.
I'm suffering from diabetes and high cholesterol and have developed frozen shoulders in both my arms. I have polycystic ovaries I'm obese.
We had sex twice – first time I used two condoms and second time I used only one. Do you think I should have used two condoms the second time?
She had a cold – is there any possibility of getting HIV that way?
She used an old cloth to clean my penis; could that cause HIV? She performed oral sex on me – is there any possibility of getting HIV?
Please help me. I am very worried. When should I get checked for HIV?
Here we try to answer the concerns expressed in the question in parts:
If two condoms are better than one: In case of condoms the phrase ‘two is better than one’ doesn’t hold true. In fact it’s more dangerous to use two since there’s added friction which can result in them tearing. And yes it’s possible to get HIV (if the aforementioned sex worker has HIV) even while using a condom if there’s a hole which is too minuscule to be visible to the naked eye. Here is all you should know about how not to use a condom.
If common cold could initiate transmission of HIV: HIV can’t be transmitted from one person to another the way the common cold or other flu spread. You can’t get HIV from someone if they have a cough or cold. The only way you can get HIV is through interchange of body fluids which can happen through sexual intercourse, blood transfusion, sharing injections (common among intravenous drug users) or similar methods where the blood or other fluids are transferred
If using an old cloth spread HIV: It’s impossible to get HIV from a cloth, because the virus can’t survive outside the body, it needs a temperature of 37 degree Celsius. Even if the cloth had HIV positive blood it’s a highly unlikely source of transmission.
If oral sex can lead to HIV infection: Yes it’s possible to get HIV through oral sex though the chances of transmission are fairly low.
When to go for a test: To find out when to get tested you can check out this article on testing for HIV. And finally a word of advice, not only are you risking sexually transmitted diseases like HIV but you’re also exploiting someone who’s probably been forced into that lifestyle because of circumstances beyond her control. Doesn’t that make you feel any sort of remorse? And let’s not forget it’s against our country’s laws. So stop visiting prostitutes and get a life. Read to find out if it is possible that we put an end to HIV/AIDS together.
I have used susten tablet from the day ovulation, as per doctor suggestion, after 24dpo, very light volume of dark brown discharging from morning, is this due susten tablets or is this period or implantation bleeding or I am pregnant or anything else.
Hello doctor this is jansi 19 years old and my periods were not regular from 5 months onwards my periods did not got last month periods got but only very less bleed I did not done any mistake and I am unmarried but also checked HCG test it is negative so tell doctor please what to do why I did not got for 5 month what It would may be there is any problem will be ha.
Hi, My wife has normal period till last month. After that we had sex with protection. But I am scared if it was worked well. Now 5 days are passed and she still not got the period. Is it normal or will have to consult with the doctor.
I'm 29 years old 5 months before married .unfortunately I had did two times medical abortion first in 9th April for 5 weeks pregnant and it was proceeded successfully after getting scan it is clear and then after 11th may I got my periods as normal as earlier for 4-5 days . Then after some days I feel same symptoms of pregnancy and I did pelvic scan on 12th june for conformation then I found that I'm pregnant of 4-5 weeks and then I had few blood cramps on 16th june then Dr. suggest me to do another pelvic scan and after that sonography reports shows that there is no growth in sac and I'm also feeling very uncomfortable then Dr. suggest me to do medical abortion as soon as possible then she prescribed me some abortion medicine 2 tabs of 200 mg milestone to take in early morning in empty stomach on 18th june and then after 2 days on 20th June 4 tabs of 200 mg misoprostol taken bucally in the gap of one hr then I started heavy bleeding with cramps and clots for two days then after it is get normal as period bleeding for 6 days then after gap of 2-3 days I get few bleeding then it's stopped and on 4th July today I'm also getting some bleeding today my gyeac advice me to do pelvic scan for conformation of successful expelled of pregnancy it is done in bleeding or I should wait until its finished what is best to do and I'm very scared for my health. Suggest me best advice for my problems and health related issues for further pregnancy which we are planned after 18 months . And some nutrients also which I required for weakness after 2 unfortunate abortions.
I am married bfr 2 months. But I am not gtng regular period s from a year. If I got period one or two days bleed that it. Otherwise it show dark brown bleeding a drop drop whn I use bathroom for 15 days.
As we know summer is going to start means it is end of winter. It generally starts from March till June. This is hottest season.
Our god has beautiful creation that food given to us according to season. Here I want to discuss about fruit which we should must consume during summer season. They protect from dehydration and keep nourished more than ever:-
1: Mango: This is the kung of all fruits. Specially it is summer fruit. IT contains 81 gm of water, 0.6 gm of protein, 0.4 gm of protein, 17 gm of carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and some antioxidants. It prevent constipation, manage heart problem, Treat anaemia, contribute in hair growth.
2: Watermelons: Containing 95.8 gm of water and very little carbohydrate, protein, fat, vitamins. This is rich source of iron about 8 gm .It contains lycopene which makes our skin young and prevent cancer.
3: Muskmelon: Musk melons are a powerhouse of health. It containing so many nutrients like Carbohydrate, Protein, Dietary Fibre, Sodium, Vitamin, Folic Acid, Niacin, calcium, magnesium, potassium, Carotenoids. It has a super high percentage of water, available in summer give cooling and hydrating effect. Their seeds contain many health benefits as well.
4: Grapes: One of the best fruit for summer containing 79 % water, vitamins, minerals. A poly-phenolic phytochemical compound (a antioxidants) found which protect from heart disease, nerve disease, Alzheimer, Anaemia, viral and fungal disease. It contains those nutrients which are equivalent to mother milk.
5: Lychee: A juicy fruit lychee have been said treasure of nutrients like carbohydrate, vit-C, vit-A, vit—B complex, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, etc. These are best for skin health i.e pimples and wrinkles. They also contain betacarotein, oligonol which keep our heart healthy. They are best remedy for cancers, cough, cold, sore-throat and also helpful in weight reduction.