Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmiYour feedback matters!
I have cracked nipples. Is it a vry big problem? Im having cracked nipples since long time. Can you suggest any natural ways to heal.
Actually sir, my girlfriend monthly periods are not be continues, I means periods are comes irregular intervals in every month some time 35 day / 45 day n some time 25 day. What I do ?
What do we mean by Polycystic Ovaries?
Ans: Poly means many (multiple) and cysts are fluid-filled areas. Thus, a woman with polycystic ovaries will have a higher number of follicles (immature eggs which look like small cysts) in her ovaries. Because of more follicles growing in her ovaries, these appear larger in size on ultrasound. It is like to accommodate more number of students in a classroom, we need a larger room.
Polycystic ovaries are very common affecting 20 in 100 (20%) of women.
Having polycystic looking ovaries on ultrasound does not mean you have a polycystic ovary syndrome. Only around 6 or 7 in 100 (6 - 7%) of women with polycystic ovaries have PCOS and we need to look at other symptoms and hormones to diagnose this condition.
I am 31 years old I am facing infertility kindly guide me to resolve pcod problem. I am using home remedy but no use. Kindly guide how to get pregnant.
I got married on 9 Jan and my menstruation date is 21 and my periods are starting before my date now almost it's going to complete 3 months I am not getting pregnant so wht would be the reason please help.
I had my periods on 21st September which ended on 25th September. However I had an unprotected sex on 30th September where my husband ejaculated partially on my vagina, not inside exactly. Do I have chances of getting pregnant? Can the sperm flow inside the vagina? Or I am in the safe period? I am scared of getting pregnant right now.
I have delivered a baby on 16 feb by force vacumm delivery I am very tensed about my stitches how do I come to know my stitches are healing or stitches have broken. What is a difference between menstrual cycle blood and bleeding. How do I come to know that its m. C. Blood or bleeding. Please reply I will be very thankful.
Every food we eat tastes differently. 6 tastes of edibles are sweet, sour, salty, bitter, pungent astringent. Try to have all 6 tastes in your food every day.
The uterus or womb, is a muscular structure and is held in place by ligaments and pelvic muscles. If these muscles or tendons become weak, they cause prolapse and are no longer able to hold the uterus in its place.
Uterine prolapse happens when the uterus falls or slips from its ordinary position and into the vagina or birth waterway. It could be complete prolapse or even incomplete at times. A fragmented prolapse happens when the uterus is just hanging into the vagina. A complete prolapse depicts a circumstance in which the uterus falls so far down that some tissue rests outside of the vagina. Likewise, as a lady ages and with a loss of the hormone estrogen, her uterus can drop into the vaginal canal. This condition is known as a prolapsed uterus.
Risks: The risks of this condition are many and have been enumerated as follows:
- Complicated delivery during pregnancy
- Weak pelvic muscle
- Loss of tissue after menopause and loss of common estrogen
- Expanded weight in the stomach area, for example, endless cough, constipation, pelvic tumors or accumulation of liquid in the guts
- Being overweight
- Obesity causing extra strain on the muscles
- Real surgery in the pelvic zone
Symptoms: Some of the most common symptoms of prolapse involve:
- Feeling of sitting on a ball
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Increase in discharge
- Problems while performing sexual intercourse
- Seeing the uterus coming out of the vagina
- A pulling or full feeling in the pelvis
- Bladder infections
Nonsurgical medications include:
- Losing weight and getting in shape to take stress off of pelvic structures
- Maintaining a distance from truly difficult work
- Doing Kegel workouts, which are pelvic floor practices that strengthen the vaginal muscles. This can be done at any time, even while sitting down at a desk.
- Taking estrogen treatment especially during menopause
- Wearing a pessary, which is a gadget embedded into the vagina that fits under the cervix and pushes up to settle the uterus and cervix
- Indulging in normal physical activity
Some specialists use the following methods to diagnose the problem:
- The specialist will examine you in standing position keeping in mind you are resting and request that you to cough or strain to build the weight in your abdomen.
- Particular conditions, for example, ureteral block because of complete prolapse, may require an intravenous pyelogram (IVP) or renal sonography. Color is infused into your vein, and an X-ray is used to view the flow of color through your urinary bladder.
- An ultrasound might be utilised to rule out any other existing pelvic issues. In this test, a wand is used on your stomach area or embedded into your vagina to create images of the internal organ with sound waves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
We have unprotected intercourse on 7th day of her periods. And she stop bleeding almost on the 6th day (that is the day before sex ). Today is the 10th day still she got dark reddish dry blood marks on her pant. Which never happened before. Is it pregnancy or other serious issue like vaginal infections? Too much WORRIED .PLEASE PLEASE HELP US. HELP me with with some home remedy and suggestions.
अद्भुत स्वास्थ्य लाभ प्रदान करने की क्षमता के लिए 5,000 वर्षों से लहसुन का मूल्यांकन किया गया है। यह अस्तित्व में सबसे पुराना ज्ञात औषधीय वनस्पति किस्म है। प्रथम विश्व युद्ध में, मेडिकल सर्जनों ने एंटीसेप्टिक के रूप में लहसुन का रस का इस्तेमाल किया था। अत्यंत स्वादिष्ट और सुगंधित, लहसुन का उपयोग दुनिया के लगभग हर व्यंजन में किया जाता है।
नियमित रूप से लहसुन भोजन करना हमारे लिए केवल अच्छा ही नहीं; यह हृदय रोग, स्ट्रोक, कैंसर और संक्रमण सहित दुनिया भर में मौत के चार प्रमुख कारणों को रोकने या कम करने से भी जुड़ा हुआ है। यह फास्फोरस, कैल्शियम और लोहे जैसे खनिजों में समृद्ध है, साथ ही इसमें आयोडीन, सल्फर और क्लोरीन जैसे खनिज भी होते है। इसके अलावा इसमें कई औषधीय गुणों के साथ एक बहुत ही महत्वपूर्ण रासायनिक अवयव एलिसिन है।
लहसुन के कुछ स्वास्थ्य लाभ हैं:
1. सर्दी-जुखाम के लिये:
लहसुन में मौजूद एलिसिन रोगजनकों को रोकता है और वायरल और बैक्टीरिया संक्रमण से लड़ने में एक महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाता है। इसके अलावा, लहसुन पूरक प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली के कार्य को बढ़ावा देने के लिए जाना जाता है। एक दिन में सिर्फ 2-3 गँठी कच्चे लहसुन लें। चाहें तो इससे सूप मे मिला कर लें इसकी छाए बना कर पी सकते है।
2. मधुमेह के लिए:
लहसुन खाने से रक्त शर्करा के स्तर को नियंत्रित करने, एल.डी.एल कोलेस्ट्रॉल कम करने और संचलन को प्रोत्साहित करने में मदद मिल सकती है। यह कुछ मधुमेह जटिलताओं को रोकने में भी मदद कर सकता है। दैनिक आधार पर लहसुन का उपभोग (भोजन या कच्चे में) एलीसिन के एंटीऑक्सीडेंट गुणों के कारण कोलेस्ट्रॉल के स्तर को कम करने में मदद करता है।
3. उच्च रक्तचाप:
एलीसिन रक्त वाहिकाओं को शांत कर सकता है और रक्त को प्रभावित करने वाले नुकसान और दबाव को कम कर सकता है। रक्त में फाइब्रिनॉलिटिक गतिविधि को तोड़कर यह कोलेस्ट्रॉल और प्लेटलेट एकत्रीकरण के स्तर को भी कम कर सकता है। इसके अलावा, लहसुन नाइट्रिक ऑक्साइड सिंथेस और हाइड्रोजन सल्फाइड के उत्पादन को प्रोत्साहित करने की अपनी क्षमता के कारण उच्च रक्तचाप को प्रभावी ढंग से रोक सकता है। लहसुन में प्राकृतिक एंटीस्पास्मोडिक गुण भी होते हैं जो इसे कम धमनियों में होने वाली रक्तस्राव को कम करने की क्षमता देती है और खून का थक्का विकास को रोकती है।
4. शारीरिक चयापचय का समर्थन करता है:
लहसुन में मौजूद सल्फर, शरीर के चयापचय को समर्थन देने के लिए विटामिन बी कॉम्प्लेक्स के साथ काम करता है, और शरीर को स्वस्थ रखने में मदद करता है।
5. त्वचा और बालों के लिए:
एलिकिसिन में एंटिफंगल, एंटी-एजिंग और त्वचा को चमकदार कर देने वाले लाभ है। यह त्वचा और शरीर के एंटीऑक्सीडेंट स्तर को बढ़ाने के लिए भी जाना जाता है। लहसुन में मौजूद सल्फर संक्रमण को रोकता है और सूजन को कम करने में मदद करता है। यह रक्त प्रवाह को बढ़ाता है जिससे त्वचा को एक प्राकृतिक चमक मिलती है। इसका उपयोग त्वचा रोगों जैसे मुँहासे, ब्लैकहेड, व्हाइटहेड, झुर्रियां आदि के लिए किया जा सकता है।
इसके अलावा, लहसुन में उपस्थित मजबूत एंटी-ऑक्सीडेंट त्वचा में मुक्त कणों के निर्माण को कम करने में मदद करते हैं। सल्फर शरीर में कोलेजन का उत्पादन करने में मदद करता है जो, झुर्रियों से लड़ने में मदद करता है। बस कुछ लहसुन फली को कुचल के, उनके रस को सामान्य चेहरे वाले मुखौटे में जोड़ दें, स्वास्थ्य लाभ में वृद्धि और समय से पहले उम्र बढ़ने से रोकने के लिए।
6. स्वस्थ और सुंदर बालों के लिए:
लहसुन के बाल के लिए कई फायदे हैं। लहसुन न केवल बाल विकास के लिए उत्कृष्ट है, बल्कि यह बाल गिरने से रोकने में मदद करता है, केश कूप के पुनर्जन्म को बढ़ाता है, खोपड़ी से हानिकारक विषाक्त पदार्थों को निकालता है, बालों की बनावट को बढ़ाता है, और बालों की जड़ों को मजबूत करता है।
लहसुन में एलिसिन, खोपड़ी में रक्त परिसंचरण को बढ़ाने में मदद करता है, जो बदले में बालों के झड़ने को कम करता है और बाल विकास को उत्तेजित करने में मदद करता है। लहसुन में एंटी-बैक्टीरियल और एंटी-फ़ंगल गुण होते हैं, जो डंड्रफ़ और खुजली वाली खोपड़ी के इलाज में मदद करते हैं।
7. कान के संक्रमण के लिए:
लहसुन में एंटीवायरल और जीवाणुरोधी गुण होते हैं, जो कि रोगाणुओं से लड़ने में मदद करते हैं जो कान के संक्रमण और उसके बाद के दर्द के कारण होते हैं। यह ऐसे संक्रमणों की वजह से होने वाली सूजन को भी कम करता है।
A psychological disorder, which is marked by abnormal eating patterns is known as an eating disorder. Eating disorder, commonly known as anorexia nervosa in medical circles, is often a combination of both abnormal eating and weight gain patterns.
Yet, on general diagnosis, eating disorders are categorized into three types, namely, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating.
Diagnostically stated, a person suffering from:
- Anorexia nervosa is usually characterized by low body weight as well as a disturbed perception of one's weight.
- Bulimia nervosa on the other hand includes, persistent binge eating along with loss of self-control and a psychological overvaluation of one's body shape or weight.
- The third category, which is binge eating, is marked by anxiety, consistent overeating, stress and drastic loss of self-esteem.
Although, eating disorder is a commonplace disorder worldwide, the cause of it still remains unknown. A recent research has found that due to the fact that eating disorders reflect a physiological anomaly between the need to eat and the drive to eat, a hypothesis is developed stating the cause to be a disturbing appetite pattern on the most fundamental level. This proposition has been further delved into using brain imaging that shows emotions, rewards and eating inhibitions are linked to neural pathways.
Current treatments, which include forms of psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy have limited capacity in reducing and normalizing eating disorders. Furthermore, various psychological interventions used to treat eating disorders are variations of psychiatric treatments, which are not particular to the needs of the patient in such disorders. Empirical researches have linked inhibitions, rewards and maladaptive eating behaviors to alterations in the circuitry of the brain. Furthermore, abnormal metabolistic behaviors are also linked to eating disorders.
Although no concrete remedy exists, a person suffering from eating disorders could get their symptoms minimalized to a certain extent through rehabilitation clinics and therapies.
I have 2 month baby. I have problem in my breast due to swelling and redness on it. Please tell me what is that problem and how can I rectify it.
Laughter is the best medicine, they say. Apart from making you happy and thawing a potentially anxiety ridden atmosphere, laughter can also promote good health. A deep rooted laughter session once in a while can actually rejuvenate you and give you a dose of health.
If this surprises you, then you need to read the rest of this article to find out how a bout of stress free laughter can help you in the health department. Read on to know more!
- Blood Pressure: Laughing can helping in keeping your blood pressure low, as per various medical studies. This can potentially reduce the risk of falling prey to heart attacks and strokes. The blood pressure will genuinely come down when you laugh heartily, which is especially helpful in situations for patients of hypertension so as to bring down the stress levels.
- Immunity: Did you know that the immune system of the body can get affected by the stress hormone levels? When your brain brings on signals that hint at stress and anxiety, laughter can also help in bringing down the stress levels simply by sharing a joke and laughing about a funny episode with someone close to you. This also gives a boost to the body's immune system. Also, when you laugh really hard, the T cells of the body get activated, which is how the immunity gets a boost so that the next time you are about to catch a cold or flu, the immunity takes over naturally.
- Cardiac Health: Laughter is great for the cardiac health because it helps the heart pump and burns the same number of calories that one would during a long walk. It is a great cardio workout that is ideal for people who are bed ridden due to illness or injury.
- Abs: A long and heartfelt laughter session can actually work your abs as it helps the inactive muscles of the area in contracting and relaxing. This is similar to a moderate work out for the abs. So getting a toned tummy can actually be as easy as having a good laugh.
- Endorphins: The body's natural pain killers reside in the Endorphin hormone. So have a good laugh and release these hormones as a natural side effect of laughing hard. This can help in reliving chronic pain as well.
The best part about laughter is that it generally increases the feel good factor inside you and helps you achieve a more relaxed mind and body where the immunity, heart health and general wellbeing are taken care of. So laugh your way to good health and get a well-functioning immune system with a well-toned body as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I came across this article while browsing internet some times back and I don't remember the source of the page but the tips is worth a try.
This Cooking Method Could Cut The Calories In Rice. Carb lovers, have you heard the awesome news? Scientists in Sri Lanka have figured out a simple cooking trick that could potentially slash the calories of rice and other starchy carbs by up to half of their conventionally cooked counterparts. Yes, you read that right: half the calories in the same amount of food. And it's super easy to do with stuff you already have in your kitchen. To try this at home: Add a scant teaspoon of a healthy oil like coconut or olive to the cooking water for every ½ cup of uncooked rice (use 1 cup of water per ½ cup of uncooked rice). Cook rice as you normally would, but then let cool it over night in the fridge, and bam!—you're left with rice that tastes just like rice, but has fewer usable calories. Rice that had been "improved" to produce higher yields, had 10 to 12% fewer calories when cooked via this method. Using this method on traditional heirloom varieties, particularly some varieties of red rice—could result in a calorie reduction of up to 50 to 60%. And yes, even if you reheat your rice, the caloric count won't change. How it happens: The cooling process, along with fat from the oil, increases rice's amount of resistant starch (RS) , an indigestible form of carbs that your small intestine can't break down and convert to glucose. still, the trick may also work for other starchy foods like pasta, beans, cereals such as oatmeal, and tubers like potatoes: A similar study showed that cooking, cooling, and then reheating these foods significantly increases RS levels. Finally, RS isn't just good for cutting calories, either. This magical starch has been linked to improved insulin sensitivity, better gut function and digestion, greater feelings of fullness, and increased fat burn.
Your body shape reveals more about you than merely the outer appearances. In fact, it is a reflection of your inner health and as well as your future health. Here are some of the things that your body shape reveals about your overall health and the diseases that you need to look out for.
1. Triangle: the pear shaped body or the triangle body usually has more fat on hips, thighs and the butt. They are at lower risk of heart diseases, since the weight is less concentrated on the waist. But, they can develop lower back problems and may have an increased tendency to develop knee issues as most of the weight is carried on hips and thighs.
2. Circle: circle shape is basically for those who carry a lot of fat around their waists. Men and women are equally likely to be affected. Those with a waist size larger than 34 inches in female and 36 inches in male are considered circle shaped. They are at a higher risk of uterine problems, kidney issues and pancreatic-colon cancers.
3. Rectangle: men and women who tend to carry weight distributed all around their bodies have a rectangular body shape. While this is a desirable shape for men, for women it may lead to a flatter looking body. This body shape is healthier than the others, but you may experience osteoarthritis and joint pain if you have higher body fat.
4. Apple: women who carry extra fat on the upper body, i. E. Arms and chest, upper stomach as well have apple shaped bodies. If their body fat is appropriate, they tend to be healthy, but being apple shaped can put you at risk for a number of conditions, including heart problems, blood pressure problems and diabetes.
But remember, irrespective of your body type, make sure that you exercise regularly, have well-balanced diet and stay happy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Sir we need a baby for that we have undergone ivf treatment. Bt I got negative result. So when shall we. repeat the next treatment again?
If you still think that non-surgical hair replacement means wearing a wig, think again. Today’s techniques create a result that is far more subtle, far more comfortable, far more natural and fair easier to live with.
Non-surgical hair replacement involves applying a thin, light, transparent membrane to the scalp, which is infused with human hair. This membrane is then attached to the scalp and woven in with the existing hair, to create a very natural effect.
Top Lace Hair Skin/Hair Patch/Toupee/Hair Unit/Hair System
Top Lace Hair Skin/Hair Patch/Toupee/Hair Unit/Hair System, offer styling flexibility and the most realistic look. Using lustrous human hair and believable synthetic, they recreate the airy body and glossy movement of natural hair. It is Hand tied, the most luxurious and natural Hair Skin/Hair Patch/Toupee/Hair Unit/Hair System.
Features of Top Lace Hair Skin/Hair Patch/Toupee/Hair Unit/Hair System:
Crown area is transparent, super thin skin V-looped hair
Fully Lace base hair replacement system in all shades, sizes & shapes
Similar European Hair Texture, Indian Remy Hair
Most natural look, skin colored, very thin and fine net
Available in very low density of hairs
Available in free parting
Invisible hair line
Needs to be changed after 5-6 months