Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jimpu Mehta
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jimpu MehtaYour feedback matters!
Is it possible to be 18 weeks pregnant with no symptoms and negative pregnancy tests? Also I had my period last month after not getting it for 2 months. But I'm still doubtful.
Hi I am 28 years old. I am married, our marriage is love marriage, my wife is loving so much but me also loving me but she is not allowing to kiss or hug anything she told me, I should not touch her, she is not like that, I am very upset of this one please give me good suggestion sir or madam.
I have watery discharge from vagina and also feel weakness from yesterday please give me some advice.
It is every couple’s dream to become parents but the road to success is not that easy for all of them. For such couples, science has opened many avenues which could be strongly considered as a ‘blessing in disguise.’
One such treatment is In Vitro Fertilization or IVF as it is commonly referred to as. It refers to the process of extracting eggs from female and retrieving sperm sample from male and later fusing them manually under laboratory condition. If fertilization is a success and an embryo or several embryos are formed, they are again manually transferred into a woman’s womb. Hopefully, at least one of the embryos successfully implants itself in the uterus and from there, the female carries the pregnancy to term.
How can it be of help?
- Anyone can have a baby: This process has raised the bar and many couples who have lost all their hopes can be blessed with a baby.
- Fighting infertility: Infertility has no specific cause these days. It could be caused because of various reasons, which make it difficult to conceive. Some of these reasons include the following:
- Fallopian tubes: In case the tubes are blocked, damaged or even removed due to medical reasons.
- Endometriosis: Overgrowth of tissues in and around the lining of the uterus.
- Ovary disorders: Ovulation not normal or regular, premature ovarian failure, and fibroids.
- Genetic disorder: Some genetic disorders rendering the male or female infertile being passed on from the previous generation to the next one.
- Male infertility: Low sperm count or poor sperm movement.
- Success Rate: It increases the chances of conception regardless of whether infertility is an issue or not. There is no other technique so far which has success ratio as that of IVF.
- Healthy pregnancy and child: Because of the reason that embryo is initially fertilized outside of the uterus; it gets easy to monitor it and find out any genetic disorders, including chromosomal deficiencies.
- Planned pregnancy: With hectic and stressful lifestyles, many couples these days opt for a single child and late pregnancy. IVF has given such couples more control over factors, including at what age they want to get pregnant.
- Frozen eggs or sperm: Recently Ex- Miss World Diana Hayden gave birth to a healthy baby girl at the age of 42 through the eggs that she froze 8 years ago. She had frozen 16 of her eggs, which she used later on to give birth. Similarly even the sperm of a male can be frozen today and used when needed.
- Pregnancy after menopause: This could be called a miracle and is possible only through this technique. IVF makes pregnancy possible even after menopause because even if a woman’s reproductive cycle has ended, the uterus can still carry a pregnancy.
- Same-sex couples and single parent: This technique is a real blessing for gay or lesbian couples. With the help of a donor, whether sperm or egg, these couples also have an option of starting their families which otherwise was next to impossible.