Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jimpu MehtaYour feedback matters!
I have PCOD and consulted gynecologist took medication for around 6 months, had regular periods for 3 months but again same problem. Request you to provide permanent solution for irregular periods. Thank you.
I am 5 weeks pregnant. Can I travel in office bus for 1 and half hrs one way.(3 hrs per day)? Will this cause adverse effects?
Can it be possible to get pregnant for a girl with her leggings and panty on and ejaculation on girl's leggings? when the girl have her 2periods and 4negative pregnancy tests even after 2months. But having all pregnancy symptoms like breast soreness. Vaginal discharge. Weakness and tiredness. Sometimes frequent urination. What is happening? please help.
Your eyes are one of the most important sense organs, which help in perceiving up to 80 percent of all major impressions. All your important daily activity like reading, internet surfing, driving etc are done with the help of your eyes. You should never take your eyes for granted. There are many ways in which you can take care of your eyes to ensure that you see and experience the world at its very best.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking makes you vulnerable to a majority of health related problems. When it comes to the health of your eyes, smoking can place you at a risk of uveitis (inflammation of the middle layer of your eye which includes ciliary body, iris and choroid) and cataracts (clouding of the lens in your eyes leading to a blurry vision).
- Wear sunglasses: Proper sunglasses can protect you from the harmful ultra violet (UV) rays of the sun. You should still use sunglasses even if your contact lenses offer UV protection. Too much of UV rays can cause pingeucula (yellow bump on the eyeball) and other serious eye problems. Polarized lenses can help to give your eyes proper protection while driving.
- Screen time: Minimize the amount of time staring at the computer screen as it can cause
- Eye strain
- Dry eyes
- Head ache
- Back and shoulder pain
- Anti- Glare: Use an anti-glare screen on your computer at work so that the strain and pressure on your eyes are less.
- Regular exercise: Exercise such as walking can prevent degeneration of the macula (present in the center of the retina in your eyes) which typically occurs by the time you reach the age of 60.
- Don't Ignore: You should look at changes in your vision as an early warning sign. The changes would include difficulty to see in low light, hazy and double vision, along with abnormal swelling and severe pain in your eyes.
You should visit your eye doctor for check ups at least once every two years. Eye diseases like diabetic retinopathy have no early warning symptoms and can only be diagnosed through a comprehensive eye exam. You should also ensure that the prescription for your contact lenses and eye glasses are up to date. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Hi sir or madam I am suffering form cracked nipple it will pain during feeding give solution for this problem.
It's been 3 to 4 days after having unprotected sex and now her periods has not yet arrived is unwanted 72 safe to take ?what can she do please suggest.
My wife has 22 years, now she is pregnant of 4 months. In prenatal tests we found she has hbsag positive, after I too did that test but my result is hbsag negative. Can any help me how our life style should change from now onwards. How my wife cure from that disease.
Folvit, zincovite, aspirin tablets ka kya use hai, conceive karne mein jab baby plan kar rahi ho? Please help me.
After abortion 9 months have passed, breast milk was stored and clotted it became hard in breast, It was so paining now what to do?
क्या आपकी थाली में सलाद के साथ चुकन्दर है?
यदि नहीं तो फिर देर किस बात की। अपनी थाली में इसे तुरन्त जोड़ लीजिए । गहरे लाल बैंगनी रंग का यह लौह तत्व के साथ-साथ चुकन्दर में विटामिंस भी भरपूर पाए जाते हैं। इसके रोज़ाना सेवन से हमारे शरीर के लिये जरूरी विटामिन ए, बी, बी2, बी6 व विटामिन सी पर्याप्त मात्रा में मिल जाती है। चुकन्दर अपने रंगर के लिए भी खासा पसंद किया जाता है। इसका लाल रंग इसमें उपस्थित रंगकण (बीटा सायनिन) के कारण होता है। बीटा सायनिन स्वास्थ के लिए लाभकारी होता है। चुकन्दर का सेवन मांसपेशियों तक अच्छी तरह ऑक्सीजन पहुचाने में मदद करता है। चुकन्दर में पोष्टिकता का कारण फोलिक एसिड, पोटेशियम व मुलायम रेशा है। चुकन्दर का नियमित सेवन इंसान के शरीर को रोगों से दूर रखता है। अगर अभी तक इसका इस्तेमाल आप नहीं करते तो बिना सोचे समझे अब इसका सेवन खुद व पूरे परिवार को कराना शुरू कर दें।
चुकन्दर से होने वाले फायदे-
– ब्लड शुगर लेवल कम करता है। – ख़राब कोलेस्ट्रॉल कम करता है।
– गर्भवती महिला व भ्रूण दोनों के लिए फायदेमंद – आस्टिओपरोसिस से बचाव।
– डायबिटीज़ पर नियंत्रण। – एनीमिया में राहत।
– थकान दूर करना। – सेक्शुअल हेल्थ और स्टैमिना बढ़ाने वाला।
– कैंसर में फायदेमंद। – कब्ज़ से राहत।
– दिमागी शक्ति को तेज करना। – चर्बी को खत्म करना।
– शरीर में स्फूर्ती। – रोग प्रतिरोधक क्षमता में वृद्धि
चुकन्दर का जूस हृदय संबंधी, श्वास संबंधी एवं चयापचय रोगों से बचाता है। शरीर में ऑक्सीजन की कमी के कारण लोग जल्दी थक जाते हैं।
रोज़ाना चुकन्दर का सेवन आपको बीमारियों से दूर रखता है और आपको जवान व तरोताजा रखता है।
My wife doesn't show any interest in sex. We have been married for 2 years and recently we are blessed with a boy 8 months old. I am getting mentally depressed we also fight often for her lack of interest in sex she doesn't give importance to my feelings always finding some reason to avoid me. I am too much depressed because of this behaviour of her.
Hi doctor I am a house wife in 43 yrs old, actually this month I have continuously periods coming its very pain and I have 2 children. So please give a suggestion for me.
I am experiencing irregular periods. Usually I had bleeding for 5 days and very mild and bearable pain. Bleeding was more during the 2nd 3rd and 4th day. Done. Over But since two cycles it continues till 7 days accompanied by severe pain in lower abdominal region and feeling of vomiting and loo but doesn't happen and make me feel worsen. I am having change in my daily schedule because of exams (no stress) and bit irregular food habits. I was even having regular safe sex few weeks ago for 2 weeks. What should I do?
Ayurveda recognises how each individual is different and that food intake must vary for each person. Ayurveda in total has identified six taste groups i.e sour, sweet, pungent, salty, astringent and bitter. All these taste groups have health benefits. The inclusion of all of these six tastes gives you satisfaction and provides nourishment and choosing one food group over the other may lead to health issues. A lot of people falter when it comes to eat right and overdo fast food. Eating bitter and pungent foods helps in reducing sugar cravings.
An overall view
The doshas can also be affected by the six tastes. Doshas can increase or decrease depending on the kind of food intake. They fluctuate depending on the laws of attraction. Predominance of ‘kapha’ leads to more accumulation of the same. ‘Vata’ gets pacified by salty, sour and sweet foods. Bitter, sweet and pungent foods reduce 'pitta'. ‘Kapha’ gets reduced by bitter, astringent and pungent foods.
Warm and heavily cooked foods are soothing for ‘vata’ type. Sweeteners, fatty or oily food help ‘vata’. Wheat and rice work wonders for ‘vata’. Vegetables, juicy fruits and cream are good for ‘vata’ as well. However, spicy and hot foods should be avoided.
Pitta is fiery; hence hot foods should be avoided. Cool foods assist digestion. Oil, salt and fat should be taken in small quantities. Ripe and sweet fruits and most vegetables help pacify pitta. Dairy products (except sour ones) are OK in moderation. Mint and coriander cool pitta. Pomegranate, rice and coconuts bring down pitta as well.
Kapha needs warming up and should be stimulated. Dry, warm and light foods lower kapha. Less oil and fat should be used. Barley, rye and buckwheat are grains that are ideal for kapha and so are cranberries and apples. Salt should be minimal for kapha types. Non-fat or low fat milk is ok, but cultured dairy should be abstained from.
Ama, a toxic substance, is believed to form once there is incomplete digestion. You should drink plenty of water at room temperature or warm water to prevent the formation of ‘ama’. Eating what sets your tongue on fire is also healthy for your body.
Monsoons or rainy seasons is though a favourite amongst all, but it also causes a number of health problems. So, here are some specific guidelines regarding what to eat and what not to eat during rains.
Nutritional tips in monsoon:
- Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible.
- Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
- Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
- Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
- Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
- Body's immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, sir fries and curries you intake. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk.
- Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
- Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
- Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
- Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
- Avoid eating fried items, pre-cut fruits and juices from road side vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
- Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw.
Have a happy monsoon
Vaginal bleeding stands for blood loss from the vagina (including the vaginal wall) or uterus. Marking the beginning of a new reproductive cycle, normal vaginal bleeding (menstruation) takes place every 21-35 days.
It is regarded abnormal if it takes place
- Outside of your normal menstruation period
- When you’re pregnant
- After menopause
- Menstrual flow is heavier or lighter than normal
Common Causes of Unexpected Vaginal Bleeding:
1. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
If your body’s hormone production is out of balance, it brings about a disruption in the normal ovulation (monthly discharge of an egg) cycle, causing abnormal vaginal bleeding.
2. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
Infection or inflammation of the female reproductive organs namely, uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes as a result of sexually transmitted bacteria can lead to abnormal bleeding. The problem occurs when the bacterial infection spreads from the vagina into these parts of the reproductive system. More importantly, inflammation of these areas can also bring about vaginal bleeding particularly after sexual intercourse.
3. Intrauterine Device (IUD)
The use of Intrauterine Device (a birth control tool that is inserted into the uterus to prevent future pregnancy) can also cause vaginal bleeding like spotting (light bleeding between periods) or heavy periods.
Any hormonal medications, containing Estrogen or Progesterone (eg: certain birth control pills), when taken irregularly or indiscriminately, may lead to hormonal imbalance, leading to abnormal bleeding.
5. Early Pregnancy
Another very important cause of abnormal bleeding in women of reproductive age group is - Pregnancy. Any abnormal pregnancy or early pregnancy with certain defects, can lead to abnormal bleeding even though you may not yet be aware of the pregnancy. Usually, it is the first condition to be investigated in a woman with abnormal uterine bleeding, in reproductive age group.
Apart from these common causes, abnormal vaginal bleeding can also happen due to:
6. Thyroid Disorders
Changes in your menstrual cycle as a result of the hormonal imbalance brought on by an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) or an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) can lead to irregular bleeding patterns.
7. Uterine fibroids
Abnormal growths in the uterus or on its surface can lead to unexpected vaginal bleeding (longer or heavier periods and bleeding between periods).
8. Cancer of the reproductive organs
Cancer of the uterus, ovaries, vagina or cervix is also known to be an uncommon cause of abnormal vaginal bleeding. The blood loss can take place after sexual intercourse or between one menstrual cycle and the next.