Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Why my periods are delayed by 18 days. And im not sexually active. Masturbation is also rare. Im 19 years old. please tell me why it is delayed. Never happened like this before. I should have got on 19 march.
During the reproductive age, women need adequate calcium for strong bones. Since the baby takes however much calcium it requires for growth from the mother, calcium consumption should be increased to prevent the loss of calcium from the mother's bones. Women with poor general nutrition, low intake of calcium- rich foods and a positive family history of osteoporosis are more prone to get vertebral fractures from weakened bones during pregnancy. Milk and milk products, dark green leafy vegetables, sardines and other oily fish are done of the better sources of calcium.
Postmenopausal women taking calcium and vitamin D supplements had improved lipid profiles compared with those taking placebo as per a new study.
In an analysis of data from the Women?s Health Initiative, the level of LDL cholesterol was lower by an average of 4.46 mg/dL in the women on active treatment reported Peter F. Schnatz, DO, of Reading Hospital in Pennsylvania in the journal menopause.
In addition, higher concentrations of 25?hydroxyvitamin D3 (25(OH)D3) were associated with higher levels of HDL cholesterol and lower levels of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
My period for this month is delayed by almost 10days and counting. I eat papaya daily. Taken pregnancy test and it's negative. please suggest a remedy for this. Thanks in advance.
It's horrible for your health overall and dental health specifically. Tobacco prematurely ages the mouth and leads to mouth cancers. Smoking tobacco stains teeth and interrupts calcium absorption in your body. Additionally masking the smell of smoke means using chewing gums or sweets high in sugar, or drinking tea and coffee, which are notorious for teeth decolorization.
When you're exposed to the cold, the first line of defense is to wear loose-fitting and dry clothing (wet clothing makes it difficult to maintain a normal body temperature). Dress in layers. If you work in the cold, or exercise outside, wear clothing made of polypropylene, which will wick perspiration away from the skin and keep your body dry. Also, wear a hat and scarf. It's true that 40 to 50 percent of our body heat can be lost from the surface of the head and neck. And no, it doesn't matter if you have a thick head of hair. You still need protection.
Here are some other ways to protect yourself from winter's cold shoulder:
Protect your hands and feet. Wear mittens when possible because your fingers can share warmth (regular gloves are good, but mittens have the edge.) wear socks that will keep your feet dry and warm. Some people wear a light liner sock made of a material that wicks away moisture next to the foot and then put a natural fiber sock over it. Try to wear the higher cut socks, not the low risers.
Protect your lips. Use lip balm to keep your lips from drying out from the cold and windy weather.
Avoid dehydration. As long as fluids are not restricted by your physician, drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated.
Dress properly. Wear outer clothing that shields the wind and sun from your skin. Cold and windy air causes a wind-chill effect that is much colder and more dangerous than the outside air temperature.
Avoid alcohol. Alcohol causes your body to lose heat, in addition to contributing to dehydration.
Be prepared. When traveling by car, keep extra socks, blankets, water and snacks on hand in case a mechanical problem, storm or empty gas tank leaves you stranded.
Inquire about your meds. Ask your physician or pharmacist if any of the medications you take can make you more susceptible to a cold-weather illness.
Protect your children. Instruct the kids to come inside when they feel cold, or if their clothes get wet.
Play it safe. Because they pose a strangulation risk, it's best not to wrap children in scarves. Instead, use a neck" gaiter, which stays in place and keeps your child warm without risk.
Eat light. A snack before going out in the cold is better than a heavy meal, which requires a large blood flow to the gastrointestinal system to aid in digestion. The digestive process may prevent warm blood from circulating to your fingers and toes. Save the heavier meal for when you are safely back inside.
Now that you are an expert in cold-weather safety, perhaps you can help jack frost from nipping at his own nose!
After a regular period, again the bleeding started after 5 days. Is that normal or observe for 2nd day and visit doctor if does not stopped? The bleeding was less during the period time comparatively.
Browsing on the phone before you sleep can potentially cause serious damage to your health. According to studies the side effects can be far reaching and detrimental for your overall health. It can disrupt your sleep and contributes to several complications like heart diseases, obesity, etc.
Following are the bad effects of browsing on the phone before bed:
- Browsing on the phone till late in the night affects your sleeping pattern and deprives your body from the rest it requires. Loss and lack of sleep significantly contributes to various health problems like poor sleep, depression, stroke, cardiovascular problems, obesity etc.
- Staring at a bright screen for a long time before sleeping can slow down the activity of neurons that make you sleepy, thereby, keeping you in a state of wakefulness. Staring at artificial lights suppresses melatonin, the sleep hormone, which affects the sleep wake cycle of your body.
- Browsing on the phone before sleep also takes a toll on your eyes. It can cause serious damage to your eyes if you make a habit out of it. You can see visible signs if you wake up with dark circles in the morning and feel tired and lousy. Looking at brightly lit screen for a long time especially in the dark puts a lot of strain in your eyes and also affects mental health.
- Browsing on the phone till late in the night will make it difficult for you to wake up on time. The light on your cell phone affects your sleep, which can even trigger insomnia. Lack of sleep affects your alertness and concentration level and makes you feel drowsy and exhausted.
Related Tip: "Get better sleep"
Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
- Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
- It balances to maintain the pH levels in the body
- Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
- It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
- It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
- It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
- It helps cure the common cold
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
- It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
- It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heartburn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
- It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
- It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
Me and my partner is having sex for more than 2 months , still there is no sign of getting pregnant.
My wife 8 weeks pregnant ultrasonography please cheque it normal or not I am so worried uterus is bulky and gravid . Intrauterine single guest. Sac in upper uterine segment. Toward right side. Myometrium normal. Guest sac smooth outlined with fair turgidity. Decidual reaction is homogenous. No obvious evidence of sac separation is seen at present. Fetal pole is visualized and cardiac activity is well appreciated [FHR-140/MIN] YOLK sac is visualized. Sac size (2.0 cms) Corresponds to approx guest age of 7 weeks CRL (1.1 cms) corresponds to approx guest age 7 weeks 2 days. Primitive placenta appears anterior in position. Ovaries are normal. Corpus leteum cyts is noted in right ovary Internal os is closed . Cervical length is normal [2.0 cm] IMPRESSION: single live intrauterine pregnancy of avg. Gestational age of 7wk 0 days Estimated EDD by USG 16 feb 2017 Recommendation anomaly evaluation at 18-20wks.
Paneer, also known as cottage cheese, is a dairy product which is made by curdling the milk with the help of lemon or vinegar and then draining the liquid. Not only is it delicious and an integral part of some of the most popular dishes of Indian cuisine, it is also a very good source of calcium, protein and healthy fats that help in improving the functioning of the body.
Here are some of the surprising health benefits of this Indian dietary staple:
- Diabetes-friendly: The carbohydrate content is low in paneer, which makes it a very good option for diabetics. Consumption of paneer does not cause a surge in the blood sugar level as it is digested slowly by the body.
- Improves bone and teeth health: Protein is a good source of calcium and phosphorus that helps in improving the health of the teeth and bones in the body.
- Helps in weight loss: Cottage cheese is a great source of conjugated linoleic acid that helps in boosting the metabolism of the body, thus aiding weight loss. Plus, it lowers the risk of cancer by reducing the amount of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Contains high amounts of protein: Enriched with vegetable protein, which is the basic building component of muscles and bones, paneer is known to keep your muscles and bones in good health. Besides, the protein in paneer is essential for brain development and the development of the fetus, making it another reason why it should be a part of your diet.
- Improves metabolism: Paneer contains high amounts fiber, which helps in improving the digestive process of the body. It also adds bulk to the stool and helps in feeling full.
- Controls blood pressure: It regulates blood pressure as it contains potassium, which helps in lowering blood pressure by controlling the effect that sodium has on your body.
- Boosts the immune system: Paneer contains compounds that help in strengthening the immune system, thereby preventing disorders like common cold, cough and bronchial asthma.