Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Atul DevkarYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, I am a married person and I have one kid of 7 years old. We are planning to get other child for three or four years but in vein. After intercourse all the semen comes out from my wife. And all the day, it continues coming out until it finishes. We tried all the position, and used to put pillow also under the butts of my wife. But I use lubricant during intercourse. Please suggest me what should we do.
Most mothers complain this.Whereas the real condition in majority of cases is not a disease "vomiting" READ ON. YOur baby is possetting.
What is possetting?
Possetting is normal in small babies. It's when small amounts of milk are brought back up. It's often why parents have a cloth with them after a feed to catch the posset which often bubbles through baby's lips after a feed
What causes possetting?
Often when your baby's stomach is full, milk can come back up. Babies often posset a little when burping, bringing up the milk often with swallowed air or wind.
In a baby the muscular valve at the end of their food pipe, which acts to keep food in the stomach, hasn't developed properly yet.
What are the symptoms of possetting?
Bringing up about a few teaspoons worth of milk after a feed.
It's non-forceful and tends to dribble out.
How is possetting treated?
If it is just possetting your GP or health visitor will give you reassurance that is it quite normal.
They can also help establish if it is the more serious conditions of reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease known as GERD.
What is reflux?
Reflux is more serious than possetting. It's when the stomach contents are regurgitated.
When acid from the baby's stomach comes up as well as the milk, this can be painful. About half of babies will experience some form of reflux during their first year. As the muscular valve gets stronger, your baby is better at keeping food down.
How to tell the difference?
If your baby shows discomfort when feeding, such as arching away, refusing to feed and crying, it can be a sign of reflux. She may also frequently vomit or spit up more than normal possetting, and cough a lot, including at night, with no other sign of a cold.
If your baby displays any of the above symptoms check with your GP. Reflux is quite common. It tends to peak between one and four months and normally ends by 12-18 months.
How to alleviate reflux?
It can often be successfully controlled by simple remedies: For example:
More small feeds to prevent your baby's stomach getting too full.
Keeping him upright during and for at least half an hour after a feed.
Avoid tight clothing, particularly around your baby's stomach.
Ask your doctor or health visitor for advice.
Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
If reflux is very severe there can be complications like damage to the oesophagus ( oesophagus), or long-term problems and this is diagnosed as gastro-oesophageal reflux disease ( GERD).
Symptoms may include: vomiting, failure to put on weight, coughing and breathing problems.
If your baby vomits bile which is green, has repeated projectile vomiting or vomits blood seek medical advice straight away. Symptoms like bloody stools (poo), abdominal distention, excessive crying or if baby keeps refusing feeds may also be signs of GERD, and again should be checked by a medical professional promptly.
It is rare for infants to suffer from GERD but bringing milk up is very common for most babies, who tend to grow out of possetting or reflux by 12-18 months.
There is indigestion problem for my 2 months old son, what might be the issue? please say am worried, he had motion once in two days and I consulted doctor still the same, it's happening since a week!
My sons are 11 months old they are twins 7 months born elder one is thin and I can hear loads of bone joint sounds whenever I pick him up and he has white spots on his nails what should I do?
Hi doctor, my daughter is 1.9 years old. She is eating dust regularly despite of stopping her to do so. Recently, when I consultant children specialist, he said that there is a iron deficiency and he prescribed iron tonic and said that she will stop eating dust or clay. But this is not stopping yet all. Also, she is not speaking much except one word'mamma. Please help me in finding solution for her to stop this habit and speak some words. Thanking you,
My daughter age of just 02 months and she suffer of shorter breastmilk of her mother. So I ask you what food best of my daughter?
my son is 3 years old. He had dry cough. We gave his ascoril D. He just had vomit. Please suggest what we could give or wait for morning.
Mam. Meri beti20month ki uski toilet tiet hoti h aur use dard bhi hota h. Use horlicks ya bornvitta pila skte h. Usko lactalose Avict ka pilaye tb tak thik tha phir use tite toilet ho rhi h kya kre. Please reply me.
Hello doctor. My son is 13 month old. Yesterday he pour hot water from kettle. It cause blister in left knee & right foot. I went to hospital immediately. They gave silver nitrate ointment alone. For a week. My question is the ointment alone can workout or anything else I have to give him for less recover time. Thanks in advance.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
My son was down with viral three weeks ago. Till then his feed intake was fine as he takes breast feed and nan pro1 alternate. After his viral his feed intake has reduced. He refuses to take top feed sometimes mine too. Whereas he is active. No stomach ache. No nose block. Motions are fine. No irritability seen. I am worried as I have to join work and sometimes no feed taken till 6 hrs.
How to prevent sagging of breasts?
Home remedies for sagging breasts
Breast sagging is a natural process that happens with age wherein the breasts lose their suppleness and elasticity. Breasts do not have muscle. They are made of fat, connective tissues and milk-producing glands, and they need proper care to keep them in good shape.
The benefits of yoga for the entire body have been widely studied, and it is primarily a mechanism of toning the body and increasing flexibility. Some of that toning can occur within the breast, depending on which positions you commonly practice.
Massage your breasts at least 2-3 times per week with olive oil. It will help add firmness to the skin as well as improve the skin tone and texture. It will also tone your chest and increase the elasticity of the skin.
Pomegranate is considered a wonderful anti-aging ingredient and can help prevent sagging breasts. Pomegranate seed oil is rich in phyto-nutrients that can lead to firm breasts.
Make a paste of pomegranate peel and some warm mustard oil. Use it to massage your breasts in a circular motion for 5 to 10 minutes daily before going to bed.
You can also use pomegranate seed oil to massage your breasts 2 or 3 times daily.
Another option is to mix 4 teaspoons of neem oil with 1 teaspoon of dried and powdered pomegranate rind. Heat this mixture for a few minutes. Allow it to cool and then use it to massage your breasts twice daily for several weeks.
Avoid loose fitting bra / wrong bra size
Some women feel that they would feel comfortable if they wear loose bra. But this is totally a wrong step. You are going to invite your saggy breast by doing this. Avoid this and go for the best fitting bra to keep your breast stay upright and firm. For more details visit us at www.malhotraayurveda.in