Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnaghaYour feedback matters!
My friend had sex with his girl friend 1 week back. They not used condom. Aftrt sex that girl had nowill pill (ipill. Is there any chance to get pregnancy? Please tell me some other technique to avoid pregnancy.
4 Exercises that’ll help you during labour
There are technical ways in which you can get your body all set for labour. Although you may not know how your labour will progress, you can ease the pain that you experience during childbirth to a significant extent by doing these four exercises:
1. Kegel Exercises: These exercises target the muscles that provide support to your bladder, uterus, urethra and rectum. By strengthening the muscles of the pelvic floor, these exercises help in improving the flow of blood to your vaginal and rectal area. Kegel exercises involve contracting of the muscles of your pelvic floor as you would do if you had to prevent passing urine or stool. It is also known to reduce the duration of the pushing stage of childbirth, which is the second stage. You can do the exercises sitting or standing and in either of the two ways-
Slow kegels: For this, contract the muscles of your pelvic floor and hold them for 3-10 seconds. Release and repeat the exercise for ten times.
Fast kegels: To do this, you need to contract and loosen up your pelvic muscles 25-50 times. Do the set for about 4 times with 5 seconds interval between each set.
2. Squatting: Practising squatting during your pregnancy can help in preparing your pelvic muscles for labour. While strengthening your thighs, it opens up your pelvis for an easy descent of the baby. So, here’s what you should do:
1. Begin by standing behind a chair for support with your feet wide apart
2. While contracting your abdominal muscles, relax your shoulders and chest before lowering your tailbone towards the floor
3. While inhaling and exhaling deeply, push into your legs and go back into a standing position
3. Pelvic Tilt: This exercise helps in strengthening the muscles of your back, pelvis and thigh regions while improving posture. Ensuring your pelvic joints remain flexible, it eases the pain experienced during delivery. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Get down on both your hands and knees while keeping your head in a parallel position with your back
2. While arching your back, pull in your stomach
3. Hold this position for a few seconds before releasing
The exercise needs to be repeated 3-5 times - all the while maintaining a strong hold over your back and stomach.
4. Tailor Pose: The tailor pose is designed to help relax your hip joints as well as open up the pelvis. It also helps in improving your body posture while easing the aches that occur in the lower part of your back. For this, you need to perform the following steps:
1. While keeping your back straight, sit comfortably on the floor
2. Placing the soles of both the feet together, press your knees gently towards the floor
3. Keep the position for 10-15 seconds. You can repeat the exercise for 5-10 times.
Postmenopausal women taking calcium and vitamin d supplements had improved lipid profiles with those taking placebo as reported in a study published in the journal menopause.
In an analysis of data from the women?s health initiative, the level of ldl cholesterol was lower by an average of 4.46 mg/dl in the women on active treatment reported peter f. Schnatz, do, of reading hospital in pennsylvania.
In addition, higher levels of 25?hydroxyvitamin d3 (25 (oh) d3) were associated with higher levels of hdl cholesterol and lower levels of ldl cholesterol and triglycerides.
I am 35 years old. I used to have pain in my breast about 7 -10 days before menstruation. For which I was recommended SEVISTA medicine to be taken twice a week. Now the pain is relieved to a great extent but there is a watery discharge from my breast and once or twice the water came out itself with out. Pressing. I have undergone Prolactin and T4 &T3 test for which results were normal. Please suggest.
I have pcos from 2013 I take florinal my periods was regular bt now I want baby I dnt eat florina wt can I do for pregnancy and this condition can i.conceive pls helo.
My gf love to do anal sex now a days but i'm not interested on tat becoz of any effects may occur. So please clear my doubt is thr any problem in anal sex. Thanks for your kind answer.
I have multiple fibroids having regular periods4 to5 days ldont want to remove my uterus now please name sime home pathy treatment.
Last month I got date on 16th this month still I haven't got the periods. Please suggest me to get the periods early. Because next month is my marriage. And what would be reason for the late of periods. And some times it will happen to me like this.
I am 18 years old and I am getting my periods regularly and the flow continues till 4th day. I have sex twice in a month with my partner and it pains alot in my stomach on the first day. Are there any chances of pregnancy?
Hlo I am pregnant for 1 month I feel pain in lower abdomen and vagina I feel periods come out its normal signs or abnormal plzzz answer me.
Hi, I am trying but unable to put on my weight & also from last 4 to 5 months not having menses without tablets. Any suggestion for these issues?
Hello sir/mam mere cousin brother ne unprotected sex kiya he last night n uski wife ne intercourse k 2 hours k baad I pill le li thi, to wo log abhi child nahi chahte to pregnancy rehne k kitne chances he, Aur isme ghabra ne ki zarurat hai ki nahi please ans me.
I am a 28 year old male, 2 weeks back me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex and she took an ipill, after a few days she had reddish/brownish discharge for a few days. This happened again last week and she took another ipill, but there's no discharge of any kind like last time. Her actual cycle is supposed to be end of every month. So we're worried about pregnancy. What is the safest, pain free and best way to get rid of the pregnancy in case she is pregnant?
My due date is on 19 th on 18 the I did home pregnancy test it is negative but still I dint get my periods. Do you think I am pregnant?
I have suffering pain in breast from last 2-3 days and also pain in pubic from today Why it occurs and what treatment I have done.
Clotting of blood is important for us in case of an injury or wound. It prevents the blood to ooze out of the body from any opening. Our blood releases cells called blood platelets, which initiate the process of clotting. However, the clotting of blood inside the veins is not a good thing to happen. This condition is called thrombosis. Moreover, clotting during pregnancy is a serious condition that poses threat to the health of both the mother and the child. In case of pregnant women, clotting of blood starts in the deep veins. These veins are usually the ones in the legs or the pelvic region. This condition is termed as deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
Why there is a clot during pregnancy?
Blood can clot during pregnancy due to multiple reasons. Clotting occurs to prevent too much loss of blood at the time of labour.
How will you know that it’s DVT?
DVT comes along with certain symptoms. Some of these have been listed below:
- The pregnant woman may notice tenderness or swelling in one of her legs. She might feel the pain in one of the legs.
- The skin colour of the woman starts reflecting changes. The skin might turn a little reddish.
- The patient’s skin will be warmer at the site of clot.
- The veins in the affected region might look dilated or larger in size.
What are the dangers linked to this clotting?
Whatever may be the reason, clotting during pregnancy is always attached to some dangerous consequences. If the blood clot is left unattended and untreated for long, it may have some serious consequence. The clot may start shifting from your legs to one or both of your lungs. This condition is called pulmonary embolism (PE). It is acute condition that can cause death of the patient as well. The symptoms of PE are as follows:
- The patient suffers from sudden breathlessness.
- The patient may feel that there is some tightness around the chest.
- The patient may find blood in her cough.
- The patient may show signs of collapse.
Clotting of blood can also prove detrimental to the baby’s health and growth. The blood is supplied through placenta to the baby and a clot in the mother’s vein can decrease the amount of blood supplied to the baby. Sometimes, the blood supply to placenta might be entirely snapped, leading to the death of the child inside the womb. However, blood clotting at the time of pregnancy happens to only a few women. It has been found that one or two in thousand die due to clotting of blood during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
When is my fertile days. 11 May my period were started end on 17 now tell me when is my evaluation days to conceive.
After science v/s religion, it is technology v/s nature. Of course, advanced technology is a result of science.
Yes, science has truly given us many benefits. But, are these benefits a threat to our survival now?
In the recent two decades, hasn’t everything taken a drastic change?
Transformation has taken place from advanced technology to a totally new standard of living to every one’s priorities.
Earlier kids used to play outdoor games; today they play games on electronic devices. Due to which they miss the best way of exercising, face health problems like headache, hearing aid, slow mental growth etc. and the worst part is that they aren’t privileged enough to experience such fun.
Also, nowadays serials and cartoons that are shown on television are not only violent but also vulgar.
Not everything can be suitable for all the age groups. Watching adult stuff might divert the mind of children in an unexpected direction. They might probably act bossy which might be harmful for people around them.
Now, these electronic gadgets emit rays which could be dangerous for every person out there.
This transformation has actually done the worst thing possible. That is, it has completely taken us away from nature. It has actually ruined the peace of mind a person should actually have.
Why are our grandparents and parents still so fit to do almost everything and why does our generation have a comparatively lazy or laid back attitude?
Isn’t it because of this big time revolution!
Be it the concrete buildings, or the roads, for which so many rocks are being destroyed all of it has simply spoiled what we actually deserve to have.
Lines well said, “Don’t judge a book by its cover”
The brighter it seems, the darker it is.
It’s never too late to value the beauty of what we still have.