Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Mrs. Urvi Kaushal Vakharia to be very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
Is leukoderma or vitiligo related with deficiency of vitamin D if yes then what type of food, vegetables other than sunlight etc are to be taken to control the deficiency of vitamin D in a body.
Do you have an overwhelming craving for soft drinks? Are sodas and soft drinks part of your everyday diet? Soft drinks are very popular and common among today's youth and adults alike. However, the consumption of soft drinks may have several impacts on your health and may lead to severe consequences. Soft drinks contain chemical preservatives and other harmful substances, which are capable of affecting all major organs of the human body. Here is a list of disorders, health conditions and complications, which may arise from the consumption of soft drinks:
- Asthma is common in many consumers of soft drinks, which contain sodium benzoate as a preservative. These preservatives may mix with your diet and lead to reduced potassium content in the body. The chances of rashes are also enhanced.
- Dissolving of tooth enamel
- Soft drinks contain solvents, which are highly reactive. When these mix with the saliva or the stomach acids, they may turn acidic. Your mouth and teeth may get affected. Tooth enamel may dissolve, and the esophagus may get damaged.
- Soft drinks contain fructose corn syrup, which increases the risk of metabolic disorders in the body. The chances of heart diseases and diabetes get enhanced.
- Sugar overloading
- This is a phenomenon which occurs a few minutes after consuming soft drinks. The blood-sugar level may shoot up, and an insulin burst is possible. Blood pressure increases, the pupils may get dilated, and the liver may dump more amounts of sugar in the bloodstream.
Many soft drinks contain phosphoric acid, which causes a disturbance in the digestive system, affecting all the supportive organs. The chances of kidney stone formation get increased because of phosphoric acid. Other renal problems are likely as well.
The cans of soft drinks have a coating of resin for looking good and having a shiny appearance. Resin is composed of Biphenyl A, which is a cancer-causing chemical. The endocrine system gets affected, which may lead to reproductive health problems and premature puberty.
When soft drinks are consumed, urine contains calcium along with phosphoric acid. This may lead to osteoporosis, which is a condition where the bones get weakened and deprived. Calcium deficiency is also observed in people who consume a lot of sodas and soft drinks.
- Obesity is very common among regular consumers of soft drinks, and soda based beverages. According to research, one single can of soda may increase the chances of getting obesity by quite a percentage.
- You should not drink soft drinks and soda regularly. This will keep you away from many health conditions. You should consume alternatives for soft drinks such as homemade iced tea and natural fresh veg juices and whole fruits, which contain no added chemicals and preservatives.