Your libido or is very important for having a passionate intimate life with your partner. An enhanced drive is required to have the ultimate experience in bed improving your overall physical experience. There are foods that boost your libido, enhancing your sexual urge. However, some foods are also responsible for restricting your libido, which may result in poor sexual drive and loss of longing to have sex.
Here some common food items from your everyday consumption list, which are responsible for restricting your libido.
1. Beans: Beans are usually praised as they are high in fiber and contain antioxidants. However, beans are not considered good for a sexual drive because of being glassy. Beans contain indigestible sugar, which causes gastric issues and lowers your libido.
2. Chocolate: Chocolate contains methylxanthines, which makes your skin more sensitive and aroused. However, in spite of acting as an enhancer, chocolate results in fatigue and causes tiredness. Due to fatigue, sexual performance is lowered.
3. Fried Food: Enjoying greasy fried foods like burgers and fries should be restricted if you want to have healthy sex. The trans-fat found in fried foods is known to cause a decrease in the male and female libido. The impact of devouring these trans, unsaturated fats results in irregular sperm production in men and meddles with gestation in women. French fries should be avoided before having sex.
4. Microwaved popcorn: Microwave popcorn can have severe effects on your libido. The chemicals present in the inner lining of the bags which contain these popcorns is said to cause a lowering of sex drive in men. The acids present such as perfluoroalkyl acids- PFOA and PFOS cause lowering of sperm count.
5. Red meat: Regular consumption of red meat makes you consume excessive growth hormone, fats and antibiotics. These decrease natural sperm production and production of testosterone. Loss of sexual drive is caused.
6. Potato chips: Potato chips contain trans-fats, which may cause oxidative body damage and disrupt normal hormone secretion. You are likely to gain weight, get tired easily and thus your overall libido will go down.
7. Cheese: Cheese is processed with antibiotics and growth hormones. This causes disorder in the natural production of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. These are the primary sexual hormones, which are related to sex drive. Hence, consuming a lot of cheese is bad for your libido.
8. Soya bean: Soya beans can cause disruption and disorder in hormone levels because of the presence of phytoestrogen compounds in it. These compounds try to mimic estrogen and cause lessened energy and sex drive.
A decrease in your libido and sexual drive can be caused from the most common everyday foods that you consume. You should know which foods to avoid, if you want to have a healthy sexual life.
Back pain (Low Back Pain) is pain felt in the lower back that usually originates from the muscles, nerves, bones, joints or other structures in the spine. It is a common complaint. Most people will experience low back pain at least once during their lives. Back pain is one of the most common reasons people go to the doctor or miss work.
Men and women are equally affected. It occurs most often between ages 30 and 50, due in part to the aging process but also as a result of sedentary life styles with too little (sometimes punctuated by too much) exercise. The risk of experiencing low back pain from disc disease or spinal degeneration increases with age.
Symptoms of back pain may include:
Back pain often develops without a specific cause that your doctor can identify with a test or imaging study. Conditions commonly linked to back pain include:
The diagnosis of low back pain involves a review of the history of the illness and underlying medical conditions as well as a physical examination. It is essential that a complete story of the back pain be reviewed including injury history, aggravating and alleviating conditions, associated symptoms (fever, numbness, tingling, incontinence, etc.), as well as the duration and progression of symptoms.
Ayurveda refers this condition as ‘Kati shoola’. Kati refers to ‘low back’ (hip) and shoola refers ‘pain’. Kati vata or Prishta shoola or Kati graha or Trika shoola or Trika graha are other names or conditions mentioned in the classics. Vata is the predominant dosha causing these conditions and are categorized under Vataja nantmaja vyadhis.
The treatment for Back pain or Kati shoola will be planned according to the presentation of the dosha predominance and underlying cause. Treatment may include Panchakarma therapies for Shodhana, internal medicines, external applications and advise on diet and life style modification.
Nephrotic Syndrome is a condition which is characterised by the loss of protein into the urine (called proteinuria) as a result of increased glomerular permeability and oedema. This results in low protein level in the blood. The low levels of protein in blood result in the drawing of fluids into soft tissues. A severe form ‘hypoalbuminemia’ can cause scores of secondary diseases such as ascites (retention of fluid in the abdominal cavity), pleural effusion (build-up of fluids between the lungs and the chest), or high cholesterol. It can also result in retention of fluid in other parts of the body such as eyelids, lower extremities etc.
What can cause this?
Nephrotic syndrome is mainly caused by damage to the kidneys. This leads to an increase in the concentration of protein in the urine. In adults, it can be caused due to glomerulonephritis or damage to the glomerulus of the kidneys while in children it is likely caused by minimal change disease (kidney disease marked by the abnormal loss of protein through the urine).
The other common causes of nephritic syndromes are:
Diet that is recommended in Nephrotic Syndrome:
In patients diagnosed with Nephrotic syndrome, the intake of salt, fat and protein must be checked. There should be emphasis on the consumption of dietary fibres that are present in vegetables and fruits.
The intake of protein and fluid should also be monitored, but this solely depends on personal factors such as age, weight and condition of the patient. It is recommended to consult a renal dietician who can guide you appropriately.
“You are what you eat”. Nephrotic syndrome can slowly progress to chronic kidney disease if the necessary steps are not taken to curb it in an early stage, and diet control is a major way to do so.
Oral sex: what is it?
Oral sex refers to oral (mouth and tongue) stimulation of the genitals or other areas of the body. Fellatio refers to oral stimulation of the penis; cunnilingus refers to oral stimulation of the vulva (the external part of the vagina). Anilingus refers to oral stimulation of the anal opening also known as" rimming" or anal oral sex.
The penis is the most sensitive at the tip, or glans, including the frenulum (y-shaped area), the underside of the penis where the glans meets the shaft. The bottom ridge of the glans or the corona is also very sensitive.
The part of the vulva that is frequently stimulated during oral sex is called the clitoris. It’s a small, round lump of tissue about the size of a button, just above the vaginal opening, and is highly sensitive to touch because of the large network of nerve endings. The clitoral glans is covered by a hood when not aroused or when highly aroused. Individuals may prefer to be touched on the hood, which partly covers the clitoris, since the clitoris is highly sensitive to the touch. The clitoris extends into two branches on either side of the vaginal opening about 3.5 inches long and fills with blood when highly aroused.
What part does communication play during oral sex?
It’s been said many times before: people need to find a way to communicate with each other in order to enhance their sexual experience. It’s certainly true during oral sex. The receiving partner should communicate their sexual needs. Acknowledging at the beginning that making adjustments is normal and fun. You might find that saying what feels good works well, or you might prefer not to speak but rather to indicate your likes and dislikes in other ways. This could include making sounds or using your hands to help guide or move the person to another place on your body.
Orgasm and women
Sex surveys of women report that most achieve orgasm more easily from oral or manual stimulation rather than during penetrative intercourse. Because the tongue is soft, warm and lubricated, a woman may find that this provides such intense stimulation that it becomes the best means for achieving orgasm. Each person is unique. For some women, oral sex will become part of a sexual repertoire. For others, it will become the primary sexual behavior of choice.
Are there risks associated with oral genital contact?
Many people feel safe engaging in this behavior because they know there is no risk of pregnancy. There are, however, other considerations. Some stis (sexually transmitted infections), such as herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, hiv, hpv, trichomoniasis and syphilis can be transmitted through oral-genital contact. For example, oral herpes (cold sores) can be transmitted to the genitals and genital herpes can be transmitted to the mouth. The herpes virus can be transmitted without visible sores or an outbreak. Hiv may be transmitted through oral genital sex when hiv is in semen, vaginal secretions, or blood that enters the mucus membranes or abrasions in the mouth and throat. Hiv is not spread through saliva.
Now a word about hygiene
For most people, cleanliness is an important consideration. Consider showering or bathing prior to sexual activity. It removes the daily dirt, sweat and other materials that accumulate over the course of the day.
Vaginal douching is not recommended. Douching is washing or “cleaning” out the inside of the vagina with water or other mixtures of fluids, which can lead to various health problems such as making a person more susceptible to infection due to changing the normal flora in the vagina. Anal douching is also not recommended. Using a mild soap and warm water is all that is needed.
For an individual with an uncircumcised penis, pull back the foreskin to wash thoroughly.
Circumcised individuals also need to maintain good hygiene as the absence of foreskin can cause the glans of the penis to come in direct contact with sweat and bacteria.
Questions about oral sex-
What if my partner doesn’t want to perform oral sex?
Individuals have different sexual likes and dislikes. These differences should be respected. However, it’s possible that a person’s dislike of this sexual act is based on hygienic concerns. If so, see our section on hygiene. It’s also possible that a person is concerned about disease transmission. Try talking with your partner about their feelings and why they’re feeling that way. Time and increasing intimacy can help an individual be more comfortable with oral sex.
What is safer oral sex?
It’s possible that the use of a latex barrier such as an oral (dental) dam, a thin square of latex used to cover a person’s body part or a non-lubricated condom cut open placed between the mouth and genitals would make the behavior more appealing, and certainly less risky in terms of sti transmission.
For oral sex on a penis, should I spit or swallow the ejaculate?
This is a personal preference. Some don’t mind swallowing while others may find it unappealing. For others, it might be strictly based on the taste (salty or bitter) and texture (thin or viscous) of the ejaculate. It is important to spit or swallow immediately following to keep the ejaculate from entering any cuts on the inside of the mouth. If your concern about swallowing is about ingesting hormones, rest assured that even though the testicles produce most of the hormones, they are not released into the ejaculate. If the concern is about calories, the approximate teaspoonful of ejaculate is low calorie (about 5 calories). Based on information from the cdc, you can reduce your risk for stis by not allowing your partner to ejaculate in your mouth.
I’ve never done this before…will I enjoy it?
There is a range of feelings expressed about this sexual behavior. They include those who truly enjoy performing oral sex, to those who don’t find anything particularly special about it but want to do it for their partner, to those who don’t want anything to do with it. Many people would probably say that it indicates a degree of intimacy for another person, intimacy that can’t be expressed in any other way. A person’s feelings can change over time and from one partner to another. If it is something you’re intrigued about, you can find books and other resources with additional information and insight.
As every man knows, a handsome penis relies a great deal on proper penis care. The right care regimen can help keep the penis skin smooth, supple and ready for action. It can alleviate bumps and irritations that lead to an unsightly look. It can even help ensure that a man sports a healthy, red penis filled with blood at the most opportune moment!
But sometimes, even men who feel like old pros at good penis care will find that something is missing. They want to have an even more handsome penis, but nothing they try is working. That's when these important tips come into play.
1) Never use the death grip. Using the 'death grip' during masturbation produces intense friction, which can lead to intense orgasms. But it can also lead to a serious decline in penis health, as the grip disrupts the flow of blood and can leave the penis sore, raw and irritated. Go easy, and use lube, to keep the handsome penis every man desires.
2) Pay attention to overall health. Just as bad habits can affect skin on the rest of the body, the same is true of the penis. For instance, smoking is notoriously bad for the skin, as is a lack of sleep, among others. Taking good care of overall health can result in a vast improvement in penis skin.
3) Brush up on penis cleaning skills. Though most men are sure they know how to clean their equipment, it never hurts to look for new tips to help keep the skin looking its best. Use a gentle cleanser, one that is specially formulated for use on very sensitive skin. Avoid soap, as this has a drying effect. Gently clean every bit of skin, including under the foreskin and in the area around the balls. Groom carefully if using a razor or other tool to shave the area. Then dry off with a soft towel by patting the skin thoroughly, never rubbing - that could lead to more irritation.
4) Avoid potential irritants. Be wary of changing what works. For example, if using a particular detergent has always worked just fine, stay with that brand - don't switch, even for a much better deal at the store. A new detergent can be the culprit when it comes to rashes or other irritations. The same is true of other products used in the home on a regular basis.
5) Catch problems as soon as they start. A daily inspection of the penis can help ensure that all is well. If something looks odd, such as a surprise irritation on the shaft or a lesion or bruise on the head, pay close attention. If it gets any worse, take the time to go to the doctor. By catching small problems well before they can become big ones, a man makes certain to keep his penis skin and overall penis health in great shape.
6) Use a superior penis health crème. Wrap up every day with the use of a powerful penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). The right crème will contain a plethora of ingredients in a formula specially designed for penis skin. These ingredients should include vitamin A for odor control, vitamin B5 for skin health, and vitamins C and D for their overall health properties. L-carnitine is a good idea, as it promotes better health of the nerve endings, and so is L-arginine, as it promotes healthy blood flow. Finally, look to Shea butter and vitamin E to keep the skin supple, smooth and ready for action.
Hypogonadism in females occurs when your sex glands produce little or no sex hormones.The sex glands, also called gonads that are responsible for ovary formation in females, breast enlargement and in menstrual cycle.
What Are the Types of Female Hypogonadism?
There two types of hypogonadism are primary and central hypogonadism.
Primary Hypogonadism: Primary hypogonadism means that you don't have enough sex hormones in your body due to a problem in your gonads. Your gonads are still receiving the message to produce hormones from your brain, but they aren't able to produce them.
Central Hypogonadism or Secondary Hypogonadism: In central hypogonadism, the problem lies in your brain. The hypothalamus and pituitary gland in your brain, which control your gonads, aren't working properly.
Causes of Primary Hypogonadism:
Causes of Central or Secondary Hypogonadism include:
Symptoms that May Affect Females Include:
Treatment for Hypogonadism in Women: Your treatment will involve increasing the amount of female sex hormones in your body. Your first line of treatment will probably be estrogen therapy if you've had a hysterectomy. Either a patch or pill can administer the supplemental estrogen hormone. Estrogen must be balanced with progesterone, because taking estrogen alone leads to a dangerous build up of the lining of the uterus (endometrial hyperplasia) that can lead to cancer of the uterus. Low-dose testosterone may be added for women with hypogonadism who have a low sex drive.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Often, most people think that Erectile Dysfunction or ED is a disease, but this is not the case. Unlike the popular belief, it's not the "old man's disease". The fact of the matter is that both young and the old may have ED at any point in their life. It's also important to keep in mind that this not a disease. Instead, it's just a condition just like any other condition that may be managed. Moreover, ED is a psychological problem and in most cases, it can be managed successfully. If you want to know some facts, we suggest that you read this article. Read on to know more.
Facts and fictions
To know if you have Erectile dysfunction, you should look for the following symptoms. These symptoms will tell you if you really need to do something to make your sexual life better.
Almost all types of sexual disorders including ED can be managed by making lifestyle changes like losing weight, giving up alcohol, exercising, eating well and reducing stress. In fact, any activity that can help you improve the flow of blood in your body can fix this problem.
For some men, however, making simple lifestyle changes don't work. It's a good idea to maintain a healthy weight and exercise on a regular basis, but this may not help some people get rid of ED. They need medicines to deal with the problem. For instance, they can try Viagra, Cialis, Levitra or Staxyn in order to boost the blood flow to their penile area. You can choose any of the drugs but make sure your doctor knows about it. After all, you may not want aggravate your condition.
Stomach aches or abdominal pains are one of the most frequently reported health complaints faced by children. Children below the age of twelve are known to suffer from recurrent stomach pain. While pains such as these lead to momentary discomfiture, they also lay the path for graver worries if neglected for too long. Your child may feel sick and bunk school for two days; rest and home care can restore his or her health, but that in no way, is the best suited way of dealing with the situation. If tummy aches resurface over a certain period of time, parents should be cautious enough to look for the root cause and should try to eliminate it accordingly.
Widely noticed causes of stomach aches in children:
Ways to treat tummy aches in children:
Pain in the back can be due to a number of reasons. It may be habitual, occupational, sports-related, or idiopathic.
Apart from these, back pain may also occur due to unknown or unrelated reasons. Homeopathic is a great alternative compared to allopathic medicines because it has no side effects and the cure is long term. The several homeopathic medications that may be used for back pain are as follows:
In addition to these, there are other homeopathic remedies that are recommended in cases of back pain such as Cimifuga, Calcarea Carbonica, Calcarea Phosphorica, Dulcamara, etc.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hair-fall is a normal process, if we consider the hair-growth cycle that lasts for two to six weeks. The usual rate of growth is about one centimeter a month. After two to three months, hair which were in their ‘resting phase’ shed to allow new hair to grow back. Deviation from this normal cycle leads to abnormal hair-fall which can then become a matter of concern.
Tips to handle abnormal hair loss
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!