Fruits are a superfood category of their own. They are the powerhouse of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants and an excellent contribution to your diet.
Here are ten fruits you should be eating daily:
Sunscreens help shield you from the sun's dangerous ultraviolet (UV) rays in two ways. Some work by scattering the light, reflecting it away from your body. Others absorb the UV rays before they reach your skin.
A few years ago, choosing a good sunscreen meant you just looked for a high sun protection factor (SPF) -- which rates how well the sunscreen protects against one type of cancer-causing UV ray, ultraviolet B (UVB). SPF refers to blockage of UVB rays only.
Research soon showed that ultraviolet A rays (UVA) also increase skin cancer risk. While UVA rays don't cause sunburn, they penetrate deeply into the skin and cause wrinkles. The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that up to 90% of skin changes associated with ageing are really caused by a lifetime's exposure to UVA rays.
Whether you are heading out to the beach for a relaxing day of swimming or travelling out on the nature trail for a fun day of hiking, sunscreen should be an important part of your day. Follow the instructions contained in this guide to learn how to choose a sunscreen that is right for you.
Clearly, you will want a sunscreen with broad-spectrum or multi-spectrum protection for both UVB and UVA.
Tips for choosing the right sunscreen:
1. Broad spectrum: It means the sunscreen protects against UVB and UVA rays and helps prevent skin cancer and sunburn.
2. High UVA protection: Sun's UV rays can be easily prevented, and thus severe kinds of skin troubles can be eliminated. In this case, the product label needs to be checked so that you can get 100% assurance that your skin will be protected against UV rays for sure.
3. Water resistance: Pick a sunscreen which is Water Resistant (effective for up to 40 minutes in water) or Very Water Resistant (effective for up to 80 minutes in water). This means the sunscreen provides protection while swimming or sweating up to the time listed on the label. Even when using a water-resistant sunscreen, you should reapply after getting out of the water or after sweating.
4. Medicated products: Do not go by the local brands rather you must choose only medicated products.
5. Daily usage: Using sunscreen on a daily basis is a great necessity. In fact, this is one of the most important steps for getting the most productive effects. You should apply the cream daily, especially before going under direct sun.
6. Skin-friendliness: The sunscreen should not contain any toxic elements or chemicals, otherwise your skin will get adversely affected. Different kinds of skin damages can occur such as spots, patches skin allergies or infections if you do not choose the right sunscreen apt for your skin.
7. Correct application of sunscreen: You should apply sunscreen, especially on those body parts that usually remain exposed to the sun all the time. If you frequently wear bikinis, then you should include legs, thighs, arms, back, face and other areas.
8. Enriched with moisturizers: If the sunscreen is equipped with moisturizers, then your skin will become smoother and soothing effects will be found. Some of the moisturizers consist of organic ingredients that can improve skin quality and texture to a great extent. These moisturizers also provide sufficient nutrients to your skin.
9. Frequent application: If you are willing to get the best results and utmost protection from UV rays, then nothing can be the right way-out other than applying the sunscreen on a frequent basis. After every two-hours, you are advised to apply the sunscreen.
10. Wearing sun-protection accessories: Apart from applying the sunscreen lotion, you are advised wearing different kinds of useful sun-protection accessories for getting greater protection. Some of the most prominent accessories are sunglasses, long sleeves, umbrella and others.
Your kid's weight should be a real matter of concern for you. In today's world, the number of obese and overweight children is increasing at an alarming rate. Gaining excess weight and being obese poses the risk of numerous health problems in children. The disorders are diabetes, heart diseases, asthma and many others. Obese children face a lot of problems in their social lives, are teased and neglected. This causes a lack of self-confidence and self-esteem in obese children. They develop a negative body image and depression. However, by taking proper measures, your child can regain normalcy. Eating disorders may also occur in obese children, and they are also likely to develop substance abuse habits.
The major medical conditions that an obese child can face are:
Is your kid having the right weight?
The growth rate in children varies with time and stages. Hence, it is difficult to tell whether your kid is overweight. You should measure your child's BMI to find your answer. BMI or body mass index uses the height and weight measurements of a person to calculate the amount of body fat and is used for screening obesity problems. BMI is effective in general and provides accurate data. In some cases, it may be imperfect. In case your kid has a high BMI for age measurement, other assessments are made to detect obesity. The assessments include skin thickness measurement, diet evaluation, physical activity and family history.
How to check obesity in your kid?
In order to rectify obesity, a lot of changes must be made in a child's regular habits and schedule.
Your kid's weight should really concern you. You should avoid your kid getting obese and make him/her follow all necessary precautions. In case you suspect obesity in your kid, get the BMI measured.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease results from the disorder more commonly known as PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. A syndrome is starkly different from a disease, for the former entails a set of symptoms usually occurring in concurrence, while the latter means a particular biological condition with an identifiable reason behind it. A syndrome solicits your concern and forethought in order to eliminate or at least control the chances of an underlying disease. Trigger to a syndrome is undetectable and hence fighting it efficiently is fairly problematic. It is rare to find adolescent girls without hormonal problems.
Hormonal imbalances are just too common to be a novel topic any further. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is faced due to imbalances in hormone secretions. It refers to the development of multiple cysts in your ovary. This condition usually affects women falling within the age group of 15 to 50. Eight among ten women, at a given point of time, are reported with PCOS. Symptoms of PCOS, when neglected, can lead to Polycystic Ovarian Disease. If you have been facing similar health issues, it is advisable to undergo a check-up and get diagnosed at the earliest possible.
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disease
1. A receding hairline or increased hair fall can lead to thinning of scalp hair. Such a sign should not be taken lightly as it could be indicative of Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
3. Development of acne could be another sign. Acne is common to girls attaining puberty but an unprecedented growth should be a matter of concern.
4. Patchy skin, pigmentation and discolouration of the skin are the other symptoms.
6. Obesity is the most commonly noticed symptom. People suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease have a lower metabolism and thus reducing weight is an ordeal.
7. Many women tend to grow thick facial hair or chest hair. Such a condition discourages the person to go out in public. It leads to social ostracizing which further bears severe effects on one's mental health.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease can result in Type 2 diabetes or even cardiovascular problems. If not diagnosed and treated at an early stage, it might lead to ovarian cancer. There is hardly any preventive measure to counter the chances of such a syndrome but certain alterations in your diet under the guidance of a dietician and regular exercising can improve your health.
Beautiful skin is something that everyone desires. But, the skin can look beautiful only if it is healthy. Having healthy skin is very essential. You cannot have healthy skin by only using artificial products and pampering yourself with parlour services. You must also eat right.
The following are nine foods that can help improve your skin health-
1. Green Tea- Green tea is known to be very rich in antioxidants. It can help you to tackle the problem of inflammation and also protect your skin from skin cancer. Green tea can improve blood flow, make your skin smooth and can also protect your skin from U V rays.
2. Eggs- Egg Yolk protects the skin from being damaged by UV rays since it contains carotenoid lutein. Eggs also contain sulfur, which helps to make your skin glow and keep your skin healthy. Eggs are also high in protein and hence help to maintain the elasticity of your skin.
4. Olive oil- Using olive oil or extra virgin olive oil to cook your food can give you healthy skin. Olive oils are rich in vitamin E and thus help you to gain a healthy looking skin from inside as well as outside.
5. Orange- Oranges and even other fruits that are orange in colour like papaya can help you to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. They are also rich in Vitamin C and can help you to obtain wrinkle-free, soft and smooth skin.
6. Dark chocolate- Dark chocolates are rich in cocoa. It helps to protect the skin from UV rays, hydrates your skin and makes it glow.
8. Yoghurt- Yogurt is also very good for your skin. It contains protein and helps reduce wrinkles.
9. Berries- Berries like strawberries, raspberries contain Vitamin C which prevents skin aging and reduces wrinkle. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Along with the above-mentioned foods, you must also increase your water intake as it will keep your skin hydrated and make your skin healthy from both inside and outside.