Life is getting stressful day by day. Food habits are changing and so is the diet pattern. A balanced diet is becoming a highly debatable topic. Dinner is the last meal of the day and surprisingly the most neglected one too. Though one may begin the day on a heavy note, it is always advisable to end it with a light dinner. If this is not followed, your body may be seriously damaged in the process.
In fact, your body will always react to an over eaten meal, in numerous ways as listed below -
7 times more tendency to put on weight - The human body as like the mind is the most active in the morning, and by the night it tends to slow down. Therefore, eating a large meal for dinner is detrimental to your health as by then the metabolism slows down and the heavy meal eaten by you, is not digested rather stored as extra fat.
Migraine - Overeating and fat accumulation have also shown to increase the chance of migraine. People generally wake up with a congested mind and clouded thoughts which can later take the form of migraine.
Heart Rate Rises - One effect of overeating is the rapid rise in the heart rate. The body tries to grapple (struggle) with the intake of a large amount of food and as a result, the heart rate rises sharply and we tend to feel nauseated and uncomfortable.
Reduced Sleep - A heavy meal at night disturbs the sleeping pattern of an individual. The brain receives maximum nourishment during sleep. If you eat a heavy meal, the blood supply to the brain is reduced, and it is channelized to the stomach for digestion. Hence when people wake up in the morning they feel stressed out and tired.
Depressed - It may sound incredible, but overeating at night according to doctors is not only a sign of depression but also manifests the condition. Excess accumulation of fat leads to depression. This phenomenon is more common in women.
Increased Stress - The relation between food and stress has been well established, as people under stress tend to eat more. However, it is also true that overeating at night may trigger stress too. After a bout (round) of overeating, your body tends to feel stressed that is converted into a feeling of sluggishness (laziness) on the day after. It thus becomes a cycle and the person gets caught in it.
The points listed above shows the adverse effects of heavy dinner on our body. Therefore, it is advisable to end your day with a light dinner.
The brain is not a stagnant realm fed with a granted quota of intelligence and memory at birth. It is always in a state of flux. Exercising your brain in various ways accelerates its ability to perform better. It is in your hands to have a sharper take on situations and occurrences. Playing games that require brainstorming, solving quizzes, crosswords or playing chess makes you feel rejuvenated and tired at the same time; the reason being activated brain cells. A healthy brain will affect your life decisions positively and you probably will think rightly before you leap.
Tips to exercise those brain cells:
To increase food production to match the growing population, chemicals are used to accelerate the amount of produce obtained from the land. However, the chemicals soon show their harmful effects. Though used in very minor quantities, over a period of time, their cumulative effect has detrimental effects on the consumers. Especially in homes with children, the aged, and the health conscious people, the concern about the harmful effects of conventional foods has grown quite a bit over time. So that is where the concept of organic foods gained momentum.
Organic foods are produced by using approved techniques, promoting recycling of resources, which are not harmful to the environment and preserve biodiversity. These are foods which are grown without the use of chemicals - be it synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, hormones, or prophylactic antibiotics.
There are permissible levels of chemicals defined by food agencies whose limits when exceeded can cause harmful effects with prolonged use - such as, birth defects, respiratory problems, reproductive issue, etc. So the question you need to ask is - if pesticides are used to kill insects, can the same do any good to the human body? Also, you must consider the quantity and if it is within the permitted limits.
Organic foods have been proven to be more beneficial relatively, since they are more nutritious, reduce allergies, digestive infections, reduce the risk of cancer, etc. However, bear a word of caution in mind. There are no long-term studies to prove this aspect.
Also, be advised not to overdo on the 'organic' part. A lot of time, there are organic junk foods available also. And then there are the organic foods which are produced in one part of the world and are shipped over long distances. Do they really retain their nutrients and benefits over this duration? That needs to be answered.
Another thing to consider is the cost-effectiveness of buying organic products. Because they take their natural cycle time to grow, the growth rate is slower and therefore they are expensive. Affordability becomes a question again, and you may think if such foods can be conveniently purchased by all?
The trick is to use locally grown, seasonal fruits which are easily available and grown without using many chemicals. You can be assured of their freshness and the reduced use of chemicals in this case.
Use organic for sure, but please be careful not to fall for it all the time with all the products.
If you're suffering from weak memory or memory loss, Ayurveda might be able to solve your problems. Ayurveda uses natural remedies to cure many diseases, and even though forgetting where you put your glasses or cell phones may not sound discrete enough, it may be early signs of dementia. Before it escalates to that level, here are 5 foods that you may try to curb it as the first signs appear.
* Almonds are one of the most effective food items to increase your brain power and cure amnesia. They are a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants that hike up your mental prowess. They are best to have early in the morning, ground and mixed with milk and sugar (or a healthier supplement being honey), or otherwise, after being soaked overnight in water.
* Ayurvedic herbs, like rosemary, brahmi, ashwagandha, shankha pushpin, licorice plant, etc, are all known to have medicinal properties that improve your brain power. Regulated incorporation of these herbs in your diet in requisite amount relaxes your mind, and thereby improves its functioning capacity.
* Indian Gooseberry or amla, is rich in Vitamin C, as well as antioxidants, which helps boost immunity, but other than that, amla is also known to have properties to strengthen your nervous system. It is one of the best remedies for managing Alzheimer's disease. It can be consumed raw or dried, and at times along with white sesame seeds.
* Fish oil is an excellent way to enhance your memory, especially if you are a non-vegetarian. It contains rich quantities of Omega 3 fatty acids, which help rejuvenate your brain cells. But if you are a vegetarian or vegan, fish oil or even fishes like salmon, might not be the best suited to your dietary preference, in which case it may be more helpful to consume Omega 3 supplements which are readily available in the market or even fenugreek seeds.
* Cinnamon helps in revitalizing your mental health, when consumed, or even when smelled. Add a pinch of cinnamon to your food, or mix a teaspoon with honey, and it will work wonders for your mental health.
* Nigella seeds, black seeds or kalonji is another way to boost your memory. They are rich in antioxidants, and alongside also have anti-inflammatory and provide natural protection to neurons. Adding them to your meals can not only improve their taste but also enhance its remedial powers.
Homeopathy is a branch of medicine that focuses on improving the body's healing mechanism to treat the cause of the disease. Acne is a skin condition that results in lesions (pimples) in the face or other areas of the body. Homeopathic treatments are based on the premise of removing the cause of the disease rather than just curing the symptoms.
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed after a thorough analysis of your medical history, emotional and physical constitution. All Homeopathic medicines are based on achieving potency of the substance which is done by diluting it with water and alcohol. In case of acne, this treatment controls oily secretion in the skin, removes acne-related scars and eliminates underlying conditions such as hormonal imbalance that causes acne.
Various Homeopathic remedies to treat acne are:
It is a very effective remedy for treating acne in women who have problems in their periods. It is also used in acne treatment in women who suffer from sexual problems.
This treatment enhances the immune system of the body so that acne formation in the body is reduced. This is a common treatment for people who have recurrent bouts of acne.
This treatment is recommended for people who regularly have large pimples filled with pus. The person tends to be easily affected by heat.
It is used in treating acne as well as scars left by acne. It is usually recommended for acne that occurs due to climate changes.
5. Natrum Muriaticum
This treatment is made from common salt and is used to treat acne that results from menstrual irregularities and other hormonal disturbances. It is also used for treating oily skin and other rashes which result from it.
6. Arctium lappa
It is a Homeopathic remedy for treating symptoms of acne and its scars.