For constipation I will suggest you to eat food with high fiber content like green leafy vegetables and can also eat bananas at bedtime as it is effective as a laxative and if necessary take 10 ml of syp cremaffin at night
see give loperamide 1 or 2 tablet, if it is iess in frequency then continue it
otherwise ofloxacin and metronidazole combined antibiotic is helpful to grandma .you give her twice a day
consult doctor for better treatment. If check BP with your doctor. Elecral powder is also helpful.
You can give home remedies like curd, buttermilk, pomegranate, coffee etc.
Takecare of your granny
give feedback for better evaluation.
Hello dear Prince , hi
Warm welcome to Lybrate.com
I have evaluated your query in details .
* this is due to side effect of the loperamide .
* Guidelines to way for better outcome
- Drink plenty of liquids .
- Prefer more of boiled water , lemon juice , coconut water , butter milk .
- Soft , light diet with avoidance of oily , spicy , non veg , hot beverages , junk foods , dairy fat .
- Stop all the medicines .
- Regular walking , exercises , YOGA will help a lot .
- Do not try to force for latrine , instead use sitz bath which will give better relaxation .
Hope this will help you for sure .
Wishing you fine recovery .
Feel free to ask any further doubts .
For constipation I will suggest you to eat food with high fiber content like green leafy vegetables and can also eat bananas at bedtime as it is effective as a laxative and if necessary take 10 ml of syp cremaffin at night and Avoid spicy food items and not to eat junk food and we also need to avoid peanuts and potatoes in our daily diet and I will suggest you to take injection vitcofol 2cc intramuscularly every alternate days for five pricks over the buttocks through a health professional
Diploma in Child Health (DCH), F.I.A.M.S. (Pediatrics)
Loperamide has many side effects and for me, it has hardly any useful role in controlling motion. Child is only 2.5 years and has many years for bowel training. Further bowel management depends on surgery performed for which attending surgeon is best person to guide.