Bonacort 40Mg Injection
Bonacort 40Mg Injection falls under a class of drugs known as corticosteroids. It is used to treat seasonal allergic rhinitis. When this drug is used in combination with other medication, it is also used to treat adrenocortical insufficiency, rheumatic disorders, allergic states, respiratory diseases, systemic lupus erythematosus, and other diseases requiring anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressive effects
Before using this medication, you should inform your doctor if you have or are:
- Allergic to any ingredient contained within Bonacort 40Mg Injection.
- Allergic to any food or medicine or substance.
- Taking any prescription or non-prescription drugs.
- Thyroid disorder/herpes/diabetes/kidney disease/high blood pressure.
- History of glaucoma or malaria or mental illness especially depression.
Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding must consult doctor before using this drug. The usual dose in adults for treating adrenocortical insufficiency is 4-12 mg orally per day. Ideally your dose needs to be prescribed by the doctor.
Take exactly as directed; do not increase dose or discontinue abruptly without consulting prescriber. Take oral medication with or after meals. Limit intake of caffeine or stimulants. Prescriber may recommend increased dietary vitamins, minerals, or iron.
Diabetics should monitor glucose levels closely (antidiabetic medication may need to be adjusted). Inform prescriber if you are experiencing greater than normal levels of stress (medication may need adjustment).
Some forms of this medication may cause GI upset (oral medication may be taken with meals to reduce GI upset; small frequent meals and frequent mouth care may reduce GI upset). You may be more susceptible to infection (avoid crowds and persons with contagious or infective conditions).
When consumed in excessive quantities, systemic hypercorticism and adrenal suppression may occur, in those cases discontinuation and withdrawal of the corticosteroid should be done judiciously.
Is It safe with alcohol?Consult your doctor before consuming alcohol.
Are there any pregnancy warnings?Inform prescriber if you are or intend to be pregnant. Pregnant women must consult doctor before using this drug.
Are there any breast-feeding warnings?Breastfeeding women are advised to take medical help before using this drug. Consult prescriber if breast-feeding.
Is it safe to drive while on this medicine?This medicine might affect the consciousness of the patient thus driving must be avoided while taking this medicine.
Does this affect kidney function?Caution must be taken while using this medicine in patients with kidney disease. Adjustment of dose might be needed. Kindly consult your doctor before taking it.
Does this affect liver function?Caution must be taken while using this medicine in patients with liver disease. Adjustment of dose might be needed. Kindly consult your doctor before taking it.
How long is the duration of effect?The effect of this medicine will remain active for about 8 - 12 hours.
What is the onset of action?The effect of this medicine will be initiated within 45 - 60 minutes after its administration.
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength and form as Bonacort 40Mg Injection , and hence can be used as its substitute.
Are there any missed dose instructions?Missed dose should be taken as soon as possible. It is recommended to skip your missed dose, if it is the time for your next scheduled dose.
Are there any overdose instructions?Consult your doctor in case of overdose.
Bonacort 40Mg Injection involve phospholipase A2 inhibitory protein, lipocortins that bring about anti-inflammatory actions. This action is brought about by inhibition of arachidonic acid. It controls biosynthesis of leukotrienes and prostaglandins.
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you"re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Medicine
- Decreased effect: Barbiturates, phenytoin, rifampin metabolism of triamcinolone; vaccine and toxoid effects may be reduced.
- Increased toxicity: Salicylates may increase risk of GI ulceration.
Interaction with Disease
- Fatalities have occurred due to adrenal insufficiency in asthmatic patients during and after transfer from systemic corticosteroids to aerosol steroids; several months may be required for recovery from this syndrome; during this period, aerosol steroids do not provide the increased systemic steroid requirement needed to treat patients having trauma, surgery or infections; avoid using higher than recommended dose.
- Long-term effects of this reduction in growth velocity on final adult height are unknown. Likewise, it also has not yet been determined whether patients' growth will "catch up" if treatment in discontinued. Drug manufacturers will continue to monitor these drugs to learn more about long-term effects. Children are prescribed inhaled corticosteroids to treat asthma. Intranasal corticosteroids are generally used to prevent and treat allergy-related nasal symptoms.
Interaction with Food
Ques: What is Bonacort 40Mg Injection?
Ques: How long do I need to use Bonacort 40Mg Injection before I see improvement in my condition?
Ques: At what frequency do I need to use Bonacort 40Mg Injection?
Ques: Should I use Bonacort 40Mg Injection empty stomach, before food or after food?
Ques: What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Bonacort 40Mg Injection?
Ques: What is Bonacort 40Mg Injection used for?
Ques: How does Bonacort 40Mg Injection work?
Ques: Is Bonacort 40Mg Injection effective?
Ques: What if I forget to take a dose of Bonacort 40Mg Injection?
Ques: Is Bonacort 40Mg Injection safe?
Triamcinolon-Drug Information Portal [Internet].druginfo.nlm.nih.gov 2022 [Cited 16 June 2022].Available from:https://druginfo.nlm.nih.gov/drugportal/name/triamcinolon
Triamcinolon-PubMed Online [Internet].pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov 2022 [Cited 16 June 2022].Available from:https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=Triamcinolone
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.