Thanks for writing in
Long term safety of all proton pump inhibitors have been established
Yet if you are symptom free for more than a week I would suggest you stop the medicines
Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
try below medication for 20 days
take tab pantocid once empty stomach
syrup mucaine gel 2tsp twice a day
cap velgut od × 20 days
avoid spicy, fried and street food
don't skip breakfast
drink plenty of fluids
put your head at 45° angle during sleep (place wooden block under bed)
Dear lybrate-user, hi
Welcome to Lybrate.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly.* The Pylokit is for 7 - 14 days, in that consumption it is not going to alter any of the renal functions, in
PKD patients, lansoprazole on long term basis is causing issues only. Hope this clears your query. Regards dear take care.
What r other symptoms that you r experiencing?
By doing what like walking, exertion, eating or empty stomach- it increases or decreases in intensity. For how much time the pain remains?
Is there stiffness also?
How is your appetite?
R you constipated?
Any problem in urine? I need to know more to be able to make diagnosis. In the meanwhile follow this 1. Don't take tea empty stomach. Eat something like a banana (if you are not diabetic) or any seasonal fruit or soaked almonds and a glass of water first thing in the morning (within 10 mins of waking up). No only biscuits or rusk will not do. 2. Don't overeat 3. Take your breakfast every day. Don't skip it. U should eat whatever your mother or grandparent eat in bfast. I mean to say whatever is your traditional food. If punjabi eat paratha, if belongs to south then take idli/ dosa etc.
4. Have light meals every 2 hours (in addition to your breakfast, lunch n dinner) e.g. Nariyal paani, chaach, a handful of dry fruits, a handful of peanuts, any fresh n seasonal fruit, a cup of curd/milk etc
5. Finish your dinner at least 2 hours before going to sleep.
6. Maintain active life style7. Avoid fast foods, spicy n fried foods, carbonated beverages
8. Take a lot of green vegetables n fruit. 9. Drink lot of water.10. Everyday preferably sleep on same time
exercise in the form of yoga, cycling, swimming, gym etc. Till lockdown do suryanamaskar every day.
for this homeopathy offers good results. Consult online with details.
Avoid all junk food. Eat less oily & less spicy food items. Drink water around 15-20 mins before having food. Take divol-la 10 ml thrice daily after food alongside lansoprazole, which you'll need to continue for 6-8 weeks.
Dear acidity is a lifestyle disorder, so u need to do some changes in ur lifestyle and eating habits. Follow the tips they will help u::
1. Drink 100-500 ml of tender coconut water twice a day for relief from hyperacidity Mix equal parts of powdered fennel, licorice root, basil leaves and coriander seeds. Have ½ teaspoon of this mixture with ½ teaspoon of powdered rock candy (or unrefined sugar) 15 minutes before lunch and dinner.
2.Make a powdered mixture of equal parts of rock candy (or unrefined sugar), fennel, and green cardamom. Whenever you feel heartburn, mix 1 teaspoon of the mixture in a glass of cold milk and drink.
3.Avoid tea, coffee, and carbonated or alcoholic beverages.Especially stop drinking bed tea.
4.Avoid using garlic, ginger, onions, tomatoes, and vinegar in cooking.
5.Curd should be strictly avoided at night.
6. Practice Yoga and Pranayama such as Vajrasana, Bhujangasana, Salabhasana, Bhastrika Pranayama,Shitali Pranayama and Shitkari Pranayama.
7.Drink plenty of fluids and water.
8. Avoid constipation. Walk daily in evening and after dinner.
9. Revert back after 10 days for further management and herbal medication. Take Care.
-Your chest pain may be due to acidity, anxiety or sedentary habit
-avoid fried, spicy & junk food, have more of fruits & vegetables, chew your food well, do not skip meals, have meals on time, do not not lye down immediately after meals, have dinner 2-3 hrs before bedtime
-have 8-10 glasses of water per day for good digestion
-do regular exercise like walking, jogging, swimming for 30 min, also do yoga & deep breathing for 5-10 min in the morning.