MBBS, Basic Life Support (B.L.S), Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Fellow of Academy of General Education (FAGE)
General Physician, Delhi
Eye allergies red, itchy, watery eyes that are bothered by the same irritants (allergens) that cause sneezing and a runny nose among seasonal allergy sufferers are very common. In some cases, eye allergies can play a role in conjunctivitis (pink eye) and other eye infections. Let's have a detailed discussion to ensure proper treatment
1. Do saline gargles daily (preferably twice).
2. Whenever possible do steam inhalation also.
3. Cover your nose and mouth with hanky for at least 30 sec when you go in dusty areas also when you go in and out of ac. As our nose is the most sensitive part of our body, when there is temperature difference between two rooms or inside n outside, then if we not protect our nose, it gets affected.
4. Drink hot liquids --hot liquids relieve nasal congestion, prevent dehydration, and soothe the uncomfortably inflamed membranes that line your nose and throat. 5. Sleep with an extra pillow under your head-- elevating your head will help relieve congested nasal passages. If the angle is too awkward, try placing the pillows between the mattress and the box springs to create a more gradual slope.
6. Treat that stuffy nose with warm salt water-- salt-water rinsing helps break nasal congestion, while also removing virus particles and bacteria from your nose. 7. Blow your nose often (and the right way)-- it's important to blow your nose regularly when you have a cold rather than sniffling mucus back into your head. But when you blow hard, pressure can carry germ-carrying phlegm back into your ear passages, causing earache. The best way to blow your nose: press a finger over one nostril while you blow gently to clear the other.
Homeopathic treatment has very encouraging results. Consult online for details.
Fellowship in Cornea and Refractive Surgery (FCRS), DNB (Ophthalmology), MBBS
It is essential to examine the eyes before prescribing any medication. For now you can start a simple lubricating eye drop e.g Ecotears eye drops for temporary relief. However if there is any other issue then this may not be resolved.
Simple ways for a restful sleep 1.Cut down on caffeine: Caffeine drinkers may find it harder to fall asleep. Even a single cup of coffee in the morning may lead to a sleepless night. Caffeine blocks the effects of adenosine, a neurotransmitter thought to promote sleep. Caffeine can also interrupt sleep by increasing the need to urinate during the night. Because caffeine withdrawal can cause headaches, irritability, and extreme fatigue, it may be easier to cut back gradually rather than to go cold turkey. Those who canât or donât want to give up caffeine should avoid it after 2 p.m. Or noon if they are especially caffeineâsensitive.
2.Stop smoking or chewing tobacco: Nicotine is a central nervous system stimulant that can cause insomnia. If you continue to use tobacco, avoid smoking or chewing it for at least one to two hours before bedtime.
3.Limit alcohol intake: Alcohol depresses the nervous system, so a nightcap may seem to help some people fall asleep. Alcohol suppresses REM sleep, and the soporific effects disappear after a few hours. Alcohol also worsens snoring and other sleep breathing problems.
4. Worry and stress causes sleeplessness. Find out what hurts you and resolve the issue.
There is no remedy as instant drops.
MS - ENT, MBBS, Fellowship In Rhinology and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
ENT Specialist, Hyderabad
The ear drops either remain in the ear canal or the excess comes out on its own as soon as you sit up. To make sure the drop are acting effectively, ly down side ways and ask someone to put the drops in. Upur ear. And keep lying down for 5 mins so that the drops can act on the ear.
The meaning of Spermatorrhea is the flow of semen with urine. In such cases, semen passes either while passing urine or while passing stool when straining due to constipation. In few cases, the semen passes even before urination or also mixed with urine. Management:
Regular exercising keeps you fit and healthy, so don't forget to do it.
Practice pranayam regularly for half an hour preferably in a garden early in the morning. Not to do these exercises within 4 hours after meals. One can have meals not within 15 minutes after finishing these exercises. These exercises are good for gaining and maintaining good health. Also, practice Pelvic floor exercise or Kegel exercise, consists of repeatedly contracting and relaxing the muscles that form part of the pelvic floor. It makes the muscles of pelvis toned and strengthened! In order to locate your pelvic muscles try to stop and begin the flow of urine as using the bathroom. You can perform Kegel exercises with the empty bladder as exercising pelvic muscle with the full bladder might result in urinary tract infections.
Take homoeopathic medicine – Selenium 30/ 3 times a day for 1month.