Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Madurai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V.Kumaravel
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Management of Sugar Disorders
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of High Sugar Levels
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. V.KumaravelYour feedback matters!
My wife Ms. Vijaya Laxmi, 38 years old is suffering from hypothyroidism from last two year. She is taking 62.5mg thyroxine sodium: 62.5 mcg tablet from last 4 months and latest results of TSH is 2.46 uIU/mL on 25/7/15, I think it is quite normal. Before 4 months when she was taking thyroxine sodium: 50 mcg, she got done a test after taking for previous 3 months, it is TSH 5.5 uIU/mL it is a bit high. My problem is that she is having back pain for last 3/4 years, now she is also having back pain and pains in the fingers/ body are also happening. As per TSH results her hypothyroid was not that much high levels and even after TSH gone in normal range her problems are not diminished. Around 8 months back as per doctors advise she was increased dose of Thyroxine from 25mcg to 75Mcg. At this time after a week or two she started coughing and cough increased to a lot in a couple of months. Her CT Scan shows lymphadenopathy, but TSH was gone down to -1.4 uIU/mL. So, when thyroxine was reduced to 50 mcg then immediately there was no cough at all within three days. So Please suggest what patient has to do. She is having backpain, tiredness, her TSH is in normal range now. She was taken calcium tables also for quite some days. Please suggest
I am 54 years old. I am having fasting sugar 129.6. And to go for urination for three times in night.
What is Infertility?
- Infertility is the inability to conceive after one year of unprotected intercourse in a couple less than 30 yrs of age . If the couple is more than 35 yrs (female) then they should seek help after six months of unprotected intercourse.
- Infertility is primary as well as secondary . In primary infertility a couple has never conceived before but in a case of secondary infertility couple has conceived before but is unable to conceive now.
- There are various factors which cause infertility . These can be male factor, female factor , both male and female , unexplained.
I am 28 year old male with no history of diabetes in my family. But after doing the fasting and pp sugar test for the first time in life my fasting sugar came 312 and pp 482. Does this test mean that I am diabetic for life now. I am very worried. please help me about this and guide me what I can do to reduce it and what diet I can take. Thank you.
Doctor I have been suffering from thyroid from last 10 years. The value of TSH remains in range. I take 75 potency thyronorm. But I have gained lot of weight within a year. Unable to shed it. I am 78 kg now. Kindly suggest some solution.
My tsh level is 11 and I am taking thyronorm 50 and I was on yasmin for 2 years on and off nw I have stopped 3 months over no period I have done ultrasound of the abdomen no evidence found can I take meprate 10 mg for 5 days. Shall I take this?
I understand that eating right amount of foods at the right time will help in not getting infected with diabetes. But please tell me does sugar is the main culprit in getting diabetes, If not than how much sugar is enough for a person to not get diabetes. Is bitter gourd help in controlling blood sugar level in body, and if yes than how much quantity should be taken.
Diabetes Myths vs. Facts
Diabetes is a serious condition in which body can’t use glucose properly and is also commonly misunderstood by the people. Not everything we hear about diabetes is true. Today we would learn from Diabetologist in Delhi Dr Rajesh Kesari what’s true and what’s not- so we can make the right decisions and better manage diabetes. There are number of Myths about diabetes lets allay some of them and bring out the facts.
- Myth: Eating too much sugar can cause type2 diabetes.
- Fact: Its only when our body fails to properly utilize and store this glucose that one develops Diabetes .
- Myth: Having diabetes would always lead to significant health complications.
- Fact: No-If you control your blood sugar level, you have a healthy life and be able to delay or prevent diabetes complications altogether.
- Myth: Diabetes is contagious.
- Fact: Simply No. You can’t catch it from someone as cold or flu. Type 2 can run in families.