Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RoyYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have a small issue that the skin on my Penis is became so sensitive .sometimes. When blood flow was high. It causing the high pain .when I dressed also it causing a pain .I don't know what to do.
The vacuum-based penis pump has been around for years and many men use it with great enjoyment. But those who are concerned about their penis health may wonder if its use can result in an uncomfortably raw penis. Men who are curious to experience the penis pump should definitely take precautions to avoid a seriously raw penis.
Vacuum is key
It's important to emphasize that the phrase "penis pump" in this article refers to devices which are vacuum-based and designed to promote an erection and/or temporarily increase the size of the manhood. In recent years, "penis pumping" has in some instances referred to injecting silicone or another substance into the penis in order to increase its size. This latter activity is quite dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.
The vacuum-based penis pump is considerably safer, though it does carry some risk. For example, here are a few side effects which can occur from using a vacuum penis pump.
- Bruising. Sometimes the penis pump can cause penile bruising, especially when used over-enthusiastically or for too long a period of time.
- Red dots. Some men find small red dots appear after penis pump use. These are called petechiae, and they are caused by bleeding under the skin. Sometimes the pump ruptures tiny capillaries, causing the bleeding.
- Numbness. Overuse of the pump may result in numbness in the penis. This effect should be temporary, but it can be disconcerting to many men.
- Rawness. A raw penis is one of the more common side effects related to penis pump use. This is especially true for men who employ the pump for purposes of inflating the penis to an abnormally large size.
There's no question that many men obtain a sexual benefit from using a penis pump. For men with erectile dysfunction, it can serve a vital function and allow them to better enjoy sex.
But many men use the pump for more recreational purposes. As mentioned above, it can be used to inflate the penis (and balls) to a truly surprising size. The effect is temporary, of course, but it can give a man an impressive member.
However, because recreational use often requires extended use of the pump, it is more likely to result in rawness and soreness. While penis skin is remarkably stretchy, it is not intended to stretch beyond a certain size. By the same token, penis tissue is "spongy" and has a lot of "give," but over-extending the tissue can also be problematic. Most men don't feel raw or sore while they are pumped up, but when the penis returns to its normal size, the skin and tissue can feel distinctly uncomfortable.
Improper use of the pump can also result in nerve damage which can diminish feeling in the penis. The penis may not experience sensation as keenly as it has in the past. Since sexual satisfaction is influenced by penile sensations, this can be very problematic.
Following instructions and using the penis pump properly is key to protecting the penis.
Curing the raw penis
Sometimes even with proper use, a penis pump may result in a sore or raw penis. Regular use of a top notch penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) is therefore advised as a means of providing soothing relief. The skin needs to be replenished and moisturized, so using a crème that includes both hydrating agents and essential vitamins is essential. Shea butter (a high end emollient) and vitamin E can help hydrate the skin and aid it in regaining suppleness. Vitamins A, B5, C and E can also help to heal penile skin. For best effect, the crème should also include acetyl L carnitine, a neuroprotective ingredient that can aid against peripheral nerve damage and the resulting loss of sensitivity in the penis.
Hello doctor I'm getting blood in stool since two weeks I have pain in stomach sometimes what can be the causes and kindly suggest foods to reduce this condition. Thank you.
I am 22 years male. I had many health related problems like severe headache body pains. I want a permanent solution for my problems.
I am 24 years old and I'm having an issue that I am not feeling hungry from 4 days and I have a migraine attack that never seem to end this is becoming problematic and no medicine is working on it. What should I do!
Hi, I am a 22 year old female and approx 4 years ago I was diagnosed with Vit D, 12 and hemoglobin deficiency for which I took the medicines but now I am fine. But I am a high myopic since birth. Now my power has reached -15 and I have a severe dryness problem due to overuse of contact lenses. These days I am having regular headache specially and the upper left part of the headache sometimes the pain is pulsating otherwise I also experience needles like pain sometimes. I do not have any vomiting kind of feeling. I feel sudden loss of grip and unconscious drop of things. I even feel like I lose balance while walking but i'm not sure if it could be because of side vision in such high myopia. From past a week i'm hands get numb if very fast if I keep them underneath my head in the morning while sleeping. And I even feel my bones are getting softer, I feel the weakening. And my wounds are healing very fast though my sugar is very much normal. Also I have got 3 small pimples on the left eyebrow, near left side of the nose and left side of the chin.
Hie sir from pass 2 years whenever I am going to swimming or by mistakenly if water goes to in my left ears its starts paining so hard that's impossible to control. There is nothing inside my ears. Please suggest me.
An overactive bladder is a condition that is characterized by a problem in the bladder storage function; a problem that eggs one on to urinate frequently. This condition can cause problems in your social and work life. You may isolate yourself from others and feel embarrassed about the situation.
If you have an overactive bladder, you may exhibit symptoms of frequent urination, involuntary leakage of urine and frequent urge to urinate. These symptoms might disrupt your daily life; so it is important to seek advice from a medical practitioner.
To better understand what causes an overactive bladder, you need to know how the urination process works. Urine is produced by the kidneys, which flows to the bladder. During urination, the urine is excreted from an opening in the bladder and flows out via the urethra. As the kidneys secrete urine, the bladder starts to fill up. During this stage, nerve signals are sent to the brain; signals that trigger your body to urinate. The bladder muscles tighten that pushes the urine out of the body.
An overactive bladder results from the involuntarily contraction of the bladder, which might happen even if the content of urine in the bladder is low. These contractions create the urge to urinate. The various causes of an overactive bladder are:
- Excessive fluid intake, if your fluid intake is high, then you may have the tendency to urinate frequently.
- Presence of tumors or stones in the bladder can make the bladder overactive as well.
- Excessive alcohol or caffeine consumption has the same effect as an excessive intake of fluids has.
- Urinary tract infections may interfere with the entire process of urination, thus causing your bladder to swell up and become overactive.
- Other diseases and conditions such as constipation and an enlarged prostate can hamper bladder functioning.
There are multiple approaches to treat an overactive bladder; your doctor may use one or a combination of multiple methods.
- Medications: Medications such as Trospium and Tolterodine help in relaxing the bladder. These medications help treat symptoms of frequent urination.
- Bladder injections: Botox is a protein that is injected into the bladder that causes partial paralysis of the bladder muscles. This helps in treating the constant urge to urinate. However, its effects are temporary as they last for 6-9 months.
- Lifestyle modifications: Certain lifestyle modifications such as incorporating exercises to strengthen the pelvic muscles, maintaining optimal weight levels and bladder training to control its functioning can help with managing an overactive bladder.
- Surgery: If the other treatments do not produce the desired results, then surgery is usually recommended. The aim of the surgery is to enhance the storage capacity of the bladder and reduce bladder pressure.