Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Allergist/Immunologists in India. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Allergist/Immunologists online in Kanpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Hari
Submit a review for Mr. HariYour feedback matters!
Hi I am suffering with asthma bronchitis, and also bp of 135/90 always. I had done an echocardiography, ecg which shows normal resort, my right arm always have numbness, low pain, does it means any heart problem to me or other problem. I am feeling breathlessness, fatigue and some time dizziness. Pls suggest me what should I do, my docs. Tell me that you have no heart problem at all, but I am afraid of it. Pls advice me.
My 18-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma Preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true?
Hlo, After several years of bites, a person may be rabies if vaccination is not done. Please tell me.
I am a 17 years old boy and I have no personality. I have no pack abs and nothing more. I am so weak that I cannot do push ups. Whenever I tries to start pushup I feel pain in my shoulders. I am doing sit ups and scouts daily about 25 and do yoga but it does not work. How can I improve my immune power and personality please suggest me.
Allergic rhinitis, also commonly known as hay fever, is a type of inflammation in the nose which occurs when the immune system overreacts to allergens in the air. Signs and symptoms include a runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, red, itchy, and watery eyes, and swelling around the eyes.
Causes of Allergic rhinitis
A weak immunity reacts to the certain responses. This over reaction of the immunity is the root cause of the problem. When your body comes into contact with an allergen, it releases histamine, which is a natural chemical that defends your body from the allergen. This chemical causes allergic rhinitis and its symptoms, including a runny nose, sneezing, and itching of the eyes.
In addition to pollen, other common causes include:
• Animal dander, which is old skin
• Cat saliva
During certain times of the year, pollen can be especially problematic. Tree and flower pollens are more common in the spring. Grasses and weeds produce more pollen in the summer and fall.
Symptoms of Allergic rhinitis
Common symptoms of allergic rhinitis include:
• A runny nose
• A stuffy nose
• An itchy nose
• A sore or scratchy throat
• Itchy eyes
• Watery eyes
• Dark circles under the eyes
• Frequent headaches
• Eczema-type symptoms, such as having extremely dry, itchy skin that often blisters
• Excessive fatigue
Types of Allergic rhinitis
There are two types of allergic rhinitis:-
• Seasonal- Starts when there is a change in season. Pollen-based allergies are usually seasonal.
• Perennial - This lasts all year. Perennial allergies usually occur due to sensitivity to dust mites, cockroaches, or animal dander. Its possible to be in constant contact with all of these allergens on a daily basis.
The role of Homoeopathy Allergic rhinitis:-
In Allopathy, antihistamines or immunosuppressant medicines like steroids are used which only give temporary relief, and the problem reappears again, once the medicine is stopped. While, in Homeopathic treatment, allergy is cured by strengthening the immune system and the symptoms subside on their own. It needs to be understood that Allergies diseases are the outer reflection of the internal problem. So, we need to increase the immunity of the patient and which can be strengthened by Homeopathic medicines.
There are many homoeopathic medicines that have the potential to cure Allergic rhinitis. Out of them, some well-known Homeopathic medicines are Arsenic album, Allium cepa, Belladonna, Kali bich, Lemna Minor, Sabadilla, Pulsatilla, Sulphur, Rhus Tox, etc.
What are Autoimmune Disorders?
It is a disorder of the immune system where the immune system can get ‘hyperactive’ or on the other end of the spectrum can become exceptional slow in its response to germs and bacterium, leaving the individual vulnerable to a host of infections and diseases.
When in ‘Hyper mode’ the body’s immune system starts producing antibodies (White Blood Cells) attacking and damaging the body’s own tissues (Red Blood Cells) beyond repair. Treatment of the Auto-Immune diseases generally focuses on reducing the activity levels of the immune system so as to let the Red Blood Cells multiply and heal the body to an extent.
Not all Auto Immune diseases are life threatening or terminal in nature. Some are even classified as “commonly occurring” disorders in the larger population. Examples of these would be –
1) Psoriasis – A Skin disorder where overactive immune system blood cells called T-cells collect in the skin. The immune system activity stimulates skin cells to replicate rapidly, producing layers of silvery scaly plaques on the skin. These often look like ‘Dandruff’ and can be seen all over the individual’s body, accompanied by severe itching and skin irritability. Psoriasis is often triggered due to stress and hormonal imbalances along with other environmental factors such as poor hygiene, inadequate diet, lack of sleep etc. Along with oral medication, lifestyle changes such as reducing stress at work or home, making sure one gets at least 8 hours of restful sleep per night and regular head and body massages are known to help reduce the severity of the problem to a great extent.
2) Rheumatoid Arthritis – The hyper immune system produces antibodies that attach themselves to the joint linings and then start to eat away at the cartilage and tissues causing swelling or inflammation and a sharp stabbing continuous pain. Oral medication along with gentle cardio (slow walking) and stretching exercise routines such as Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates are known to have countered the ill-effects of this movement restricting disorder, to a large extent.
3) Aggravated Thyroid – An aggravated thyroid is a result of the excessive antibodies produced by an overactive immune system which attack the thyroid gland and slowly destroy the cells that produce the all-important thyroid hormone. Prolonged negligence or when left undetected for long, it often leads to Grave’s Disease (linked to hyperthyroidism) or Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (linked to hypothyroidism.) The former can lead to weight-loss, bulging eyes, rapid heart-rate, and chronic fatigue while the later often causes sudden weight gain, depressed state of mind, dry skin and severe constipation. A good way to avoid diseases of the thyroid would be to maintain a healthy active lifestyle and a stable healthy body weight. It is also recommended that one goes in for regular preventive health check-ups for early detection of any thyroid related disorders.
A little can go a long way in limiting ill effects of autoimmune disorders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Diet for nasal allergy
Certain foods and drinks can make allergy symptoms better or worse
Foods that help
1- seafood containing omega 3 fatty
2- fruits and vegetables containing vitamin c and e.
3- hot drinks and soup
Help break up mucus and making it
Easier to cough up mucus
Natural source of vitamin d
5- drink water
Foods to avoid
1- processed foods
Contain highly unsaturated fats and proinflammatory trans fats that worsen inflammation
Cause swelling and stiffness in the nose can make symptoms worse.