The tightening of the throat or any pressure on it as well as the lodging of any irritants gives rise to a reflex action that we all know as coughing. A cough can be an acute one or a chronic one, depending on the ailment that it has come with. The symptoms include chest tightening, redness during a bout of coughing and even fever in certain cases where infection is at play.
HOW IS COUGH DIAGNOSED?
An acute cough does not require any diagnosis. Your doctor may conduct a thorough physical examination and listen to your lungs. General Physicians may order the following tests in order to diagnose the underlying cause of persistent, chronic cough:
• Chest X-ray
• Lung Function tests
• Blood tests
HOW IS COUGH TREATED?
Common cough treatment includes gargle along with antibiotics and cough syrups to hasten the treatment process. Dry cough and wet cough have different remedial measures.
DID YOU KNOW?
Quitting smoking, lifestyle changes and dietary changes play an important role in a healing cough
Any irritation in the throat can result in a cough. A cough occasionally is entirely normal and does not indicate any complications. But a cough which stays for several days and brings with it discoloured and bloody mucus can pose serious threat and need immediate medical condition. A cough can be chronic as well as minor. The signs and symptoms of cough are as follows:
• Common cold
• Whooping cough
• Heart failure
• Lung cancer
Dry and productive are the two types of cough. Coughing up phlegm is a productive cough and which should not be suppressed and should be get rid of. Dry cough is caused by an allergy, after a common cold, an irritation at the back of the throat or also any kind of infection. Listed below are some home remedies for cough:
1. Honey with milk – one of the very effective home remedies for cough is honey with warm milk. The stickiness and high viscosity of the honey helps in eliminating the mucus from a prolonged cough and soothes the throat. The warm milk helps in relieving chest pain. Sore throat is also relieved because of the antioxidant and antimicrobial properties of honey. Honey with warm milk is a great alternative to the cough syrup and is prescribed to both adult and children.
2. Turmeric- you can make an herbal tea by mixing turmeric, carom seeds, water and honey. Drink this twice or thrice a day until your condition improves. You can also put some turmeric powder in warm milk to get the same result. Curcumin, an active agent present in turmeric has some antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which are quite effective in treating cough and cold.
3. Ginger peppermint syrup- ginger, peppermint, water and honey proves to be another very effective home remedies for cough. Ginger is the oldest and common cough remedy. It is an analgesic which helps relieve the throat from any irritation and scratchiness which is caused by a sore throat. It also leaves behind a cleansing effect on the respiratory system because of its anti-inflammatory properties. You can also crush few pieces of ginger and add it to boiling water and drink it twice and thrice a day to get the expected results. Rubbing ginger oil or chewing pieces of ginger can help to get rid of dry cough.
4. Garlic- garlic mixed with water is the best home remedies for dry cough due to the active agent “allicin” present in it. It has some amazing anti-bacterial, anti-viral and antimicrobial properties which also helps in boosting the immune system and fight infections caused by dry cough. Garlic with clove oil and honey helps to relieve soreness. Garlic is therefore one of the best home remedies for dry cough as well.
5. Gargling salt water- one of the extremely effective home remedies for cough is gargling with salt water. Salt water helps in treating sore throat through osmosis. The swelling is reduced as the salts within the cells of the mucous membranes flows to the salt outside the cells which helps in balancing. As such it is also an effective dry cough home remedy.
Lybrate gives you the ultimate chance to treat dry cough directly at your home and gives the best consultation in the industry. Lybrate offers you details about the best guidance of general physicians in Jaipur, Jalandhar, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Mohali. Subscribe to Lybrate to know more about the process of staying healthy and cure cough at home to stay fit.
Consult top doctors for Cough online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Adampakkam, Agaramthen, Anakaputhur, Arayappakkam, Ariyur, C.R.R Puram and in any other locality in Kanchipuram for Cough.
Above are listed top doctors for Cough in Adampakkam , Kanchipuram. Post a free question today regarding Cough and get answers from top doctors in no time.