Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Khan M.A.MYour feedback matters!
I am honestly so confused. I have been feeling very off lately, from not eating or getting sleep or binge eating and sleeping to feeling so low, so empty, and so alone. I tend to cry basically every single day, over nothing really. I just start sobbing, and sometimes it even happens in the middle.
I am 52 old male. I am suffering cough cold with body pains since last two days. I am a heart patient and using regular medicines as prescribed by cardiologist.
I am facing these disorders. Panic attacks, irritating mode, I hate everyone, low resistance, weight gaining, phobia of height space etc. What should i do for this?
Stress is the new buzzword, affecting kindergarten children to people in their late years. This stress puts undue strain on the people to constantly do more, be it physically or emotionally or financially, which further aggravates the stress levels. Stress can be broadly classified as physical, mental, and emotional. Some of the common causes and side effects of stress are listed below.
- Leaves a person feeling isolated, frustrated, anxious, and depressed
- Leads to chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, etc.
- Reduces immunity and therefore the person becomes more susceptible to falling ill and contracting infections
- Reducing the ability of a person to perform to his full mental and emotional and physical potential
Ayurveda believes that balanced health is the result of an optimal balance between the three elements or tridoshas known as Vata, Kapha, and Pitta. Increase or decrease in each of these leads to different diseases, and stress also disrupts this balance leading to ill-health. A comprehensive approach is therefore required to beat the stress.
- Mind the mind: The mind needs to be controlled and trained to regulate the thoughts and feelings. Stress is often more from a fear of what might happen than what has already happened. Training the mind to respond differently to fear is very important.
- Meditation: This is one of the most important ways to reduce stress. By improving the focus on oneself and introspecting within, meditation helps fight fears and control emotions so that the person is well equipped to handle stress. It also improves a person’s ability to respond to stress better. Pranayam, meditation, surynamaskar daily twice a day, is most useful for this condition.
- Break the routine: Routine mundane tasks lead to stressful situations. It is good to take a break once in a while to break this routine and get a break, which can act as a good stress-buster.
- Master your stressors: Gradually, as you become aware and introspect, you need to identify what is inducing the stress. As the saying goes, if you can change it, go ahead and change it. If you cannot, change yourself. There is no point fretting over something which is beyond your control. This is a great step in controlling stress and strain in lives.
- Foods: Physical stress is best handled by including sweets and juices, cooling spices, bitter foods, astringent foods through the day. Ending the day with a warm bath and a glass of warm milk helps. Mental stress is better controlled with salty and sour foods and milk and dairy products. A good massage and adequate sleep also are very helpful.
- Massages: Another great way to reduce stress by relieving muscle tension and the herbs and oils used also add further benefits.