Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B Ravindra
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. B RavindraYour feedback matters!
If you are concerned about the health of your heart, one of the primary and most important things to do is quit smoking. Avoiding and abstaining from smoking will heal the nicotine damage caused to your heart. This will enable you to lead a long and healthy life. Here are the reasons why you should quit smoking for the sake of your heart:
- Reduced risk of heart attack: The benefits of not smoking start hours after you quit, and the heart rate and blood pressure get normalised slowly. By quitting smoking, your chances of having a heart attack are reduced by 50%.
- In case of women, quitting smoking has special benefits: Women generally have a smaller body frame than men, and the harmful effects of smoking on a woman’s heart are considered to be more dangerous and concentrated. Female smokers under the age of sixty are more likely to experience a condition known as cholesterol plaque erosion, which is a fatal blood vessel condition. Women smokers are likely (seven times more than men) to develop heart complications due to smoking.
- When you quit smoking, your heart is no longer exposed to harmful chemicals: Cigarette smoke contains toxins such as arsenic, formaldehyde and benzene. The chemical substances may be hazardous to the blood vessels in your body, and the heart muscles get damaged. Once you quit smoking, these chemicals will no longer enter your body, making your heart healthier.
- Quitting smoking benefits other people as well: When children and people are exposed to tobacco smoke, their chances of having plaque in their heart’s arteries are enhanced. This may cause a stroke.
- Quitting smoking reduces the chances of getting hospitalised: A smoker may be at the risk for getting hospitalised because of several conditions such as congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, much more than a non-smoker. After quitting smoking, the chances of being hospitalised decrease within five years.
- Quitting smoking lowers the risk of having atherosclerosis: Atherosclerosis is a blood vessel disease which is caused due to inflammations all over the body. Because of this, the arteries may stiffen and thicken. Smokers face the risk of acquiring this condition three times more than non-smokers.
You can quit smoking most effectively by combining behavioural support along with prescribed medication. People using this type of multi-treatment are likely to become successful at quitting smoking. You should consult a specialist who is certified in tobacco treatment, who will provide you with a plan. It will include counselling, medicines and a nicotine replacement therapy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
I do silly things when am angry like last time I took 1 whole strip of sibelium 10 mg n 1 of naproxen 500 mg. I just don't want to do these things but I loose control of myself even am sad or angry or feel helpless. I do not have friends or anyone who loves me except 1 person n my parents want to keep him away from me. Please help me.
My sister is having stress problem. She is taking tension of small small things. sometime she became agree & violent on small small things also. Kindly suggest me medicine without side effect.
I am suffering from depression I am worried every time my appetite has also suffered and am not able to gain weight.
I have fear of accident. Like if I'm ridding vehicle suddenly I feel like I'm going to to die buy coming under a truck. Like my mind makes all imagination in second. Even in bus journeys (night especially) I feel like bus will fall from the flyover. Like all the weirdest thoughts of dying cones in mind. Same thing even if I'm in car, or even sitting back on a 2 wheeler. What should I do?
home remedies for anxiety
Chamomile helps calm you down and relieves anxiety. According to a 2009 study published in the Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, chamomile (Matricaria retutica) may help reduce anxiety symptoms in those suffering from mild to moderate Generalized Anxiety Disorder. It also promotes relaxation and drowsiness due to its mild sedative affect.
•Steep two to three teaspoons of dried chamomile, preferably German chamomile, in a cup of hot water for three to five minutes. Strain it and, if you wish, add honey and cinnamon to it. Drink this tea a few times a day for about one month or until you see improvement.
•Alternatively, take this herb in supplement form. Consult your doctor for proper dosage. Adults can generally take 400 to 1600 mg capsules in divided doses daily, or one to four ml of liquid extract three times a day.
The uplifting smell of oranges and orange peels helps calm the nerves. Moreover, citrus fragrances are believed to help fight depression and boost immunity.
•Simply peeling an orange and inhaling its aroma can help uplift your mood. For better results, put a few orange peels in a pan of water and allow it to simmer. Inhale the refreshing smell to do away with your anxiety. Repeat as needed.
•You can also drink one cup of fresh orange juice mixed with one teaspoon of honey and a pinch of nutmeg powder. Drink it daily for a few days or weeks.
Rosemary is another popular home remedy for anxiety due to its calming effect. Furthermore, it stimulates circulation, relaxes the respiratory and digestive muscles, and has a positive effect on memory and alertness.
•Add one or two teaspoons of dried rosemary to one cup of hot water. Let it steep for about 10 minutes, and then strain it. Drink this tea daily until you are satisfied with the results.
•You can also use rosemary incense or add a few drops of rosemary essential oil in an aromatherapy diffuser or vaporizer.
Lavender induces relaxation and relieves depression. It has a calming and soothing effect on the nervous system due to its bioactive constituents such as linalool and linalyl acetate.
Studies also indicate that it may be helpful in reducing anxiety, but further research is needed to draw conclusions about clinical anxiety disorders.
•Boil two cups of water, add two to four drops of lavender essential oil to it, and inhale the steam to ease anxiety. Repeat as needed.
•Alternatively, mix three or four drops of lavender oil in one teaspoon of almond oil, olive oil or any base oil. Use it as a massage oil on your neck, back and shoulders. Repeat daily or a few times a week until your condition improves.
Nutmeg is an aromatic spice that promotes relaxation, fights depression and works as a muscle relaxant. Hence, it is great for treating anxiety, stress and depression. It is also believed to help improve sleep quality.
Simply inhale the smell of nutmeg oil to uplift your mood and reduce brain exhaustion. You can also add one-quarter teaspoon of nutmeg powder in your food on a regular basis.
Note: Excessive use of nutmeg is not recommended, especially for those who have psychiatric conditions.
6. Lemon Balm
Lemon balm, a member of the mint family, works as a mild relaxant and nerve tonic. Hence, it has been used for ages to reduce anxiety, promote sleep and improve appetite. You can combine it with valerian, green tea, lavender, catnip or other herbs.
•Steep one teaspoon of dried lemon balm in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. Make sure the tea pot is covered so that the aromatic oils do not escape. Drink a cup of this tea before going to bed for a couple of weeks. Do not take it for more than two weeks at a time.
•Alternatively, take this herb in supplement form. Generally, it is suggested to take 400 mg capsules twice daily. Consult your doctor for the proper dosage to meet your needs.
Note: Do not use this herb in excess; it may make you more anxious.
Almonds are loaded with nutrients, especially omega-3 fatty acids that improve your mood and help alleviate anxiety and depression. The anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids fight cellular inflammation that causes a breakdown in signaling between brain cells.
1.Soak 10 almonds in water overnight.
2.The next morning, peel off the skin and grind the almonds.
3.Add this paste and a pinch of nutmeg and ginger to one cup of milk.
4.Drink it daily or a few times a week until you see improvement.
This wonderful herb calms the nerves and helps ease anxiety. It contains volatile oils that have an anxiolytic (anxiety-relieving) effect. Also, it reduces gastrointestinal symptoms that often accompany anxiety.
CONSULT FOR MORE QUERIES AND HERBAL TREATMENT.