Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Sharanjeet.Your feedback matters!
Which medicine should I take in viral upto 102? Also I have a muscle break inside right shoulder which is difficult to move so which spray or cream should I use on that?
I am suffering from heel pain. Her weight is approx 80 kg. She is housewife. What's the remedy to recover?
I am suffering with severe pain in left leg thies and calf. Due to longtime sitting in office. Today I used a pain killer spray due to severe pain. Kindly give me the instructions fore cure the muscle pain. Thankyou.
I have back pain from 1 year and when I take medicines it is good bt after that it starts, I have done xray bt doctor told it is normal.
I am 56 years old. I have a problem of getting up when I squat on the floor. The groin area pain or rather it prevents or delays me from getting faster. Why it happens?
I have knee pain at age of 32years I want know how I am relief for this pain. Please advice him to my query. Thank you.
I have this problem since September 2015. I was sitting on floor on my feet without any other support when I suddenly felt pain in lower back on left side as if something was stretched there. I have had x ray and doctor says my spine is perfectly normal. I have had physiotherapy twice and acupressure as well but my problem is not properly cured. I always feel discomfort in my back when I bend forward and I can't do exercise like before and I am gaining weight. Also now I sometimes feel discomfort on right side also. I want know can it be treated or will be like this always as 1 year has already passed and can some food preferences cure or aggregate the problem?
I am 54 years old male having backache for last 2 weeks - x-ray shows reduced gap between l 4 & l 5. What should I do?
How to reduce uric acid, my age is 29. I have a knee pain left leg, uric acid is the reason for my knee pain? I have a doubt.
I am 16 year old and my legs are very painful during long time standing position, so what should I do? I.
Sir, I am 64 years, 5'4' 68kg, BP-taking Tab Telmisartan H (40/12.5), No sugar, am suffering from Osteoarthritis, some pain while walking in right knee and little bit swelling, not taking any medicine now a days, your suggestion is requested, knee exercise is in practice, how swelling is cured, Whether hot/ice fomentation will be helpful. THANKS>
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle.