Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Beena UpadhyayYour feedback matters!
I am having periods which lasted for 3 days the previous month and now I have bled for 2 days. Is it normal. I hve gained weight. Am I pregnant?
Is oral sex OK? I mean if my girl friend swallows my sperm, what will happen? Is there any problem in it? And if if I lick her vagina, will I have any problem?
1. Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible. Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
2. Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
3. Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
4. Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
5. Body’s immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, sir fries and curries you intake.
6. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk. Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
7. Consuming bitter vegetables like bitter gourd, and bitter herbs like neem, turmeric powder and methi (fenugreek) seeds help in preventing infections.
8. Consume drying oils like corn oil or light oil and avoid heavy oils like sesame oil, peanut oil and mustard oil as they fall in first place to invite infections.
9. People who face skin allergies during rainy seasons must avoid spicy foods. Spicy foods raise body temperature and stimulate blood circulation and it leads to allergies and skin irritation. Other problems such as boils, change in skin color dullness, rashes are also some skin damaging effects which arise in this season.
10. Avoid naturally sour foods like tamarind, tomatoes and lime in your diet as it promotes water retention.
11. Avoid too much of fish and meat this season and heavy curries and non- vegetarians should go for light meat preparations like stew and soups.
12. Astringent, mildly bitter and pungent foods must be best served this season.
13. Drink lots of herbal teas, especially those with antibacterial properties. These include ginger, pepper, honey, mint and basil leaves. Excessive intake of coffee and tea dehydrates body fluids so they must be better avoided.
14. Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
15. Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
16. Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments.
17. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
18. Avoid eating fried items, pre- cut fruits and juices from road side vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
19. People who suffer with arthritis should drink warm water with tulsi and dalchini (cardamom) on an empty stomach in the morning. Doing this improves bowel syndromes and also decreases pains in joints.
20. Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw.
My wife has white discharge from her vagina for past 3 days. What will be the issue. Bit worried. Can you help ?
Maybe you're just really eager to get pregnant, or maybe you want your baby's birth to happen at a specific time.
Please note that you can not predict a time frame and sometimes it takes time to conceive. Have patience and here are some tips which can help:
The biggest secret to getting pregnant faster is knowing when you ovulate (release an egg from your ovary). Think of the egg as a bull's-eye and the sperm as arrows. One of the arrows has to hit the bull's-eye in order for you to get pregnant. If you notice that you have irregular periods over the course of several months, pinpointing ovulation could be difficult. Ask your doctor for advice.
Once you know when your egg will be released from your ovary, you can plan to have sex during your most fertile days: from three days before ovulation through the day of ovulation. (Starting a little sooner can't hurt; some women have gotten pregnant from sex that happened six days before they ovulated.)
If you have a regular cycle of 28 days, days 12 to 16 days are said to be a woman's most fertile period counting from the first day of cycle.
Sperm have their best shot at fertilizing an egg when they're healthy, strong, and plentiful. Several things can help your partner get his sperm supply in fighting shape:
- Cut back on alcohol (studies show that drinking daily can reduce testosterone levels and sperm counts and raise the number of abnormal sperm)
- Quit tobacco and recreational drugs (these can cause poor sperm function)
- Eat enough of certain key nutrients – like zinc, folic acid, calcium, and vitamins C and D – that help create plentiful, strong, wiggly sperm
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, and hot baths, since heat kills sperm.
Hi my periods are delayed by 10 days. I am taking meprate from last 3 days. Pls suggest some medicine for immediate periods.
Jan I had my first miscarriage in 49 days. After that Feb 14 I got periods. Its ended 20. But again I got periods in march 3 its ended at 9. After that I had intercourse with my husband. Today April 10 but still I did not get my periods. If any chance to have pregnancy or irregular periods.
Hi doctor ,Actually my wife is pregnant now. And she want abort it. So it's there is pills to abortion.
Depression is considered the common cold of all mental health issues and can strike in varying levels due to causes like pressing circumstances, problems in one's personal life and relationships, hormonal changes and other long term, chronic health conditions. Your intimate relationships are also subject to dejection when physical ailments enter the picture. Erectile dysfunction is one such area that creates depression. This is basically a condition that men suffer from. Due to this condition, a man is not able to get and hold an erection long enough to enjoy the act of sex. This can be caused due to related physical problems as well as stress. It can also lead to depression and problems in one's relationship due to anger, frustration, hopelessness and sadness. Here are a few ways to deal with depression caused due to erectile dysfunction.
- Recognising the Symptoms: The very first thing to do is to come out of denial and recognise the symptoms that are caused by this kind of depression. Usually, any long term or chronic problem can lead a person to look at himself or herself as a hopeless case. This can cause symptoms like dejection, a negative attitude towards everything and sudden outbursts of anger and frustration which may crop up in other areas of the patient's life. Since this is an intimate problem that one cannot discuss with everyone, the problem of depression gets all the more challenging. In such cases, the best thing to do is to be aware of the symptoms.
- Getting help: Simply being aware of the symptoms is not enough that is merely the first step. One will need to go ahead and do something about the symptoms. Visiting a sexologist or a sex therapist is the next step. With the help of therapy and discussions, the patient and the doctor can actually reach the root cause of the issue and help in realigning the attitude and thinking of the patient to come out of stress that is creating the issue, or to deal with medical repercussions of the issue in a more stable manner.
- Psychotherapy: One of the foremost methods used by most therapists includes psychotherapy that can help in unravelling the cause and finding a way to cope with the problem in a way that is focussed on discussions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: This form of therapy examines all aspects of the person's life and reality so as to find the cause of the problematic behaviour and reprogram the brain of patient with great deliberation.
- Antidepressants: While some medications can affect sexual functioning, there are antidepressants that do not have major sexual side effects. Please consult a Psychiatrist and discuss about this option too.
Tackling depression and erectile dysfunction is a matter of striking a fine balance with professional help.
Am I pregnant? What should I be eating? Is it normal to be this tired? How can I help my partner during labour?
From month or two I feel some pain in my abdomen all the day and also my periods are normal please suggest me that this is symptoms of pregnancy.
Sir. I. Am doing sex with my wife. On. 27 of April. But condom was broken. And her period date is 28. But Her Period Come on first of. May So. How many chances. To get pregnant. Of my wife. Or not.
It is common for women to experience genital irritation and itching. At some point of time, every woman is likely to experience some form of vaginal irritation. It is a condition which often causes great distress and embarrassment. Vaginal irritation is commonly caused by a yeast infection. Irritation may also occur due to certain chemicals and sanitary pads, which are used during menstruation. Persistence of such irritation and itching may cause vaginal pain.
Vaginal irritation can be managed in several ways. Here are some tips on how to manage and control vaginal irritation using simple remedies:
Use apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar contains antibacterial and antifungal properties. It helps in removal of irritation completely when caused by a bacterial or fungal infection. Take two spoonful of apple cider vinegar, add hot water to it and wash your vagina using this water. The vagina is made acidic due to which the bacteria does not last long.
Apply cold compress: Vaginal irritation during the night can be quite troublesome and is likely to hamper your sleep, leaving you fatigued. Apply a cold compress or ice cubes directly to the vagina. This will provide substantial relief to the irritation.
Take a salt bath: Salt is effective in eliminating bacteria and itching. In case you suffer from itching, wash your vagina using concentrated salt water. This will provide instant relief from the irritation and the risk of further bacterial growth gets reduced.
Use garlic paste: Garlic contains antibacterial properties, which are quite effective in providing relief from irritation and itching symptoms in the vagina. The smell of garlic is also considered effective. Make a garlic paste and apply it inside your vagina.
Use yogurt: Yogurt contains active cultures, which remove bad bacteria by the addition of abundant good bacteria. Have a cup of pure yogurt without sugar regularly. Yogurt takes care of yeast infections quite fast. You may also apply it on the vagina, especially in the area prone to irritation.
Use basil leaves: Basil leaves contain antifungal, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. Boil basil leaves in water and drink the water. This method eliminates bacteria, which causes vaginal irritation.
Antibacterial talc: You can use any antibacterial talc of either medical or herbal variety. A herbal, homeopathic talc is mild on the body, but takes some time to heal the infection. Medicated talcs provide faster healing. The talc destroys bacterial and fungal infections, which may occur because of the moist surroundings.
Keep it dry: Keep your vagina dry as bacterial and fungal infections commonly affect wet areas, which result in irritation. For prevention of vaginal irritation, always wear loose clothes. If the irritation gets out of control, you must consult a doctor.
I am a 20 years old women .I had pcos and I took treatment for it ,doctor prescribed me krimson 35 and at the end of the cycle I had unprotected sex and it ended up in pregnancy and later we decided to abort it and so we took tablets for it. Then report came to be Complete abortion. But,after few weeks my periods became irregular and so the doctor prescribed me krimson 35 again and at the end of the cycle I had unprotected sex but we used pull-out method to avoid pregnancy and I had my regular period before 7 days but from the fifth day of my last menstrual I am having brown discharge and vaginal bleeding accompanied by lower abdominal pain. When we had pregnancy test ,it shows negative but I personally need to know what could be the cause of this discharge and bleeding with pain. Is it a pregnancy symptom.
Hello. I was on duphaston since feb 20 then I got my periods on march 20. I stopped duphaston in 10 days then I got my periods on 10 april. Today I am having very little brown discharge and now it stopped. What is the cause. I am not sexually active. When will I have my period. Can a dog make a girl pregnant? My friend said it's possible.
I am 18 years old I have a problem of irregular menses. Please I want your suggestions? What should I do?
I have severe clots on second and third day of my periods and severe stomach ache too please suggest what needs to be done.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
How to manage delayed Menstrual Cycle?
I'm Dr. Jyotsna Patel, practicing gynecologist and obstetretician at Uma Maternity and Surgical Nursing Home, Andheri East, Mumbai.
Today would like to talk on a topic which I encounter practically everyday in my practice that is young patient in the age group of 18-30yrs coming with the problem of delayed periods.
Now, delayed periods is something which bothers everybody. Again delayed period, first thing we need to rule out pregnancy. I've now encountered a lot of young girls, even unmarried girls who're now sexually active and they come with a history of delayed periods and they're very anxious and panicky. Now, once you've a delayed period first thing you need to see if you're sexually active is rule out pregnancy, and that thing can be done with either urine test or there are blood tests available for that. Once that has been ruled out then comes as to why the periods have been delayed and how often have you been getting this delayed periods.
If it's one of the random episode you're having then you need not bother, you just need to maintain a menstrual calender and see that how often your periods are delayed.
Now mind you in periods, plus or minus 8 days is considered normal. So 3-4 days of delay or 3-4 days of getting early period should not bother you. And once you're sure that the urine pregnancy test is negative and it is becoming a regular pattern that you're getting everytime 10 days delay, then 15 days delay then in that case you need to undergo some investigation or consult a gynecologist as to whta is the reason of delay, because most cmmon reason of delay is hormonal imbalance which we're finding very common because of the lifestyle changes that is happening- lot of stress, lots of junk food, then having obesity, this all is giving rise to hormonal imbalance causing the delayed periods as well as menstrual irregularities. So you'll need to undergo some hormonal tests specially thyroid tests, FHM, LH test and there are a lot of other hormones that you need to check and consult gynecologist. The second as I said, the first thing you need to do is rule out pregnancy, again if the pregnancy test is positive it's mandatory that you consult an obstetrician or gynecologist and don't try t get rid of the pregnancy, specially if you're not married by you know, listening to your friends, or going to quax out of fear.
For anything else you need to know about this you need to contact me on Librate.com .