Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sundeep Kumar
Submit a review for Dr. Sundeep KumarYour feedback matters!
What is the main cause of joint arthritis in leg. This disease is becoming very Common in many state. What is method to method to reduce this disease.
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i.e. improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
Lifestyle changes to cure insomnia
Starting with a significant lifestyle change can be a great way to change one’s sleep cycles and get a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc.
Apart from the lifestyle changes and the tips that will help you gain a better sleep, there is another therapy, which may be useful. It is called the cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy can give essential knowledge about sleep and help achieve normal sleep routines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I am 45 years old what should I do to keep myself fit like not getting problem of knee at later stage. What test I should go for as I am a daily drinker.
I haven't been able to walk for a short distance. It's painfully and my knees are painting. I am doing my regular exercise but also I am unable to walk.
I have knee pain in my left leg pl advise medicines at present I am using dicloferrec sodium with paracetemol not getting relief ?
I am having knee pain from last 2 or 3 weeks. Initially I had problems in stretching legs and then relaxing it. But that problem is no more now. But still the pain is there. And nowadays the pain is radiating sometimes in the calf muscles too and also I am feeling heaviness in the knee and numbness on my toes. The numbness and heaviness feeling is more at nighttime. I can walk and I am currently having no problem in walking, but today I noticed that it hurts on the right side of my right knee if I apply full pressure on my right leg while standing. Please tell me what it is and is it something serious? I am 19 years old male. Please help.
I have pain in my knee from last 3 weeks, I tried much more times to feel better but not get. What should i do?
I was suffering from knee pain since last 2weeks. What should I do? Please me. No medicines are taken. Please respond my question. Answer me as soon as possible.
My mother has a problem with both her knees. There is lot of pain she does not even want to walk due to that please advise what it is and what could be treatment and she is diabetic too?
I am suffering from left knee pain about few months. I tried to solve this problem for few times but no action is satisfied for me. please hlep me to solve this problem.
Respected doctors I am boy of 22 years. Recently I am feeling cracks noises from coming out from my right knee. Sometimes it was paining since last 2 days but today its not paining so far. I think I masturbate regularly might be its reason. Is it true. What should I do sir.
Is it ok to donate blood if esr and crp is high? My current esr is 45 mm and crp is 39.2. My blood group is o negative and I have a spondylitis back problem.
I have a pain in my knee. And I am feeling very painful by this problem so how can I get relief from this pain.
Respect sir mere ghutne me dard hota rhta hai Usme chot lg gyi thi 2 month phle. Uska ilaz bhi huya to docter ne btaya ki shi ho gya h ab.
Osteoarthritis, although a disorder occurring in old age, can affect young people too. What exactly is osteoarthritis? It is a condition in which the cartilage in the joints, which act as cushioning between two bones, start wearing away. This causes the bones of the joints to rub against each other, thereby resulting in pain, stiffness, swelling, inability to move freely and sometimes formation of bone spurs. Also, the bones become susceptible to more damage because the shock absorbing capacity is decreased.
The most common cause of osteoarthritis is age and almost everybody will develop some degree of this disorder at some point. However, there are risks of developing this disorder at earlier ages too. The possible reasons are listed below.
- As already discussed, age is one of the main reasons for the wearing off of the cartilage tissues.
- Excess weight causes a lot of increased pressure on the joints, especially knees, thereby causing the cartilage to wear out faster, leading to osteoarthritis.
- Some people develop osteoarthritis in the knee due to inherited abnormalities from previous generations.
- Women are more susceptible to this disorder than men. Women above 55 years are likely to experience osteoarthritis in the knee.
- The occupation of an individual can also be a reason for this disorder. Those individuals who have jobs in which repetitive stress to the joints is normal, they tend to suffer from osteoarthritis in the knees earlier.
- Athletes who are involved in football, tennis, running, etc. are also susceptible to osteoarthritis in the knees. However, regular and moderate exercise helps in strengthening the joints and thereby decreasing the risks of this disorder.
- People with metabolic disorders, who have excess iron or excess growth hormones, tend to have a higher risk of osteoarthritis.
- Engaging oneself in a number of physical activities causes an increase in pain, but it gets better with rest.
- Swelling around the knee area occurs.
- Joints feel warm.
- The knee becomes stiff, which occurs most when one has been sitting for a long time.
- Mobility of the knee is decreased and it becomes difficult to sit and get up after sitting.
- Crackly and creaking sounds are heard when the knee moves.
There are various treatments of osteoarthritis, but one of the main remedies is weight loss. Doctors recommend certain specific exercises to reduce the pain. For medications, certain anti-inflammatory drugs and pain relievers are suggested. There are many more treatment methods, but these are some of the most effective ones.