Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suchita Bana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suchita BanaYour feedback matters!
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is a major problem that leads to menstrual irregularity, infertility, sub-fertility, unwanted hair in the face, dark pigmentation, hair loss, persistent acne etc. Also, it leads to insulin resistance and high levels of testosterone in the female body, which makes PCOS an extremely difficult condition to deal with. Ayurveda treats PCOS holistically. Each patient requires an individualistic treatment plan to cure the disease from within. The aim of Ayurvedic treatment is to balance the doshas and boost metabolism. Ayurveda also helps in weight loss gradually, rather than a sudden decrease in body mass.
Benefits of using Ayurveda in treating PCOS patients
- Detoxification of the whole body and treat the disease from within.
- Revitalizing and strengthening the female reproductive system to regularize the menstrual cycle.
- Balance the hormones and prevent any condition, that could trigger diseases related to hormones.
Ayurvedic medicines that could tackle PCOS
- Asparagus racemosus: This is also known as Shatavari. It helps in promoting the ovarian follicles without the aid of external medicines, revitalize the reproductive system and take a woman back to the normal menstrual cycle. This medicine also does wonders in tackling excess levels of insulin, in the female reproductive system.
- Tinospora cordifolia: This medicine is also known as Guduchi in the Indian subcontinent and is a very powerful anti-inflammatory herb. It can cure the chronic inflammation of the tissues that leads to ovarian cysts and insulin imbalance. Guduchi revitalizes the body tissues and boosts female metabolism in a very natural manner. It is also a great herb to lower the resistance of insulin.
- Foeniculum vulgare: This herb is also known as Shatapushpa in Sanskrit. Being a rich source of phytoestrogen, it is a great herb as far as treating PCOS is concerned. Phytoestrogen can drastically cut down inflammation and insulin resistance in the female reproductive system. This herb is also believed to be a great agent, when it comes to fixing the cellular imbalance in the body.
- Triphala: This is a medicine which has a combination of three herbs, i.e. Terminalia bellerica, Emblica Officinalis and Terminalia chebula. It is one of the classical formations of Ayurvedic medicine. Being rich in vitamin C and a natural antioxidant, they can effectively tackle free radicals and inflammation. Triphala is a great agent, when it comes to detoxification and cleansing of the whole system.
- Aloe barbadensis: This is also known as Aloe-Vera. It is known to be one of the very powerful herbs that can treat and manage PCOS. They can successfully regularize the menstrual cycle, normalize the imbalance of the hormone, and restore the ovary. They are great for the face both for treating acne and increasing the glow of the face.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Infertility treatment is common among couples, who are unable to conceive children through the natural process, due to health or hormonal problems. Among the infertility treatments, In Vitro Fertilisation is one of the most common methods used to help couples get rid of the problems and allow them to conceive children in an unconventional manner. This artificial treatment was successfully performed for the first time in 1978.
Now let’s take a look at some of the different types of IVF Treatment:
This particular type of variation in IVF does not require stimulation of woman’s ovaries for producing several eggs for collection. Only the egg which is produced during her normal menstrual cycle gets collected and it is then merged with the man’s sperm to successfully achieve fertilisation and in the process, an embryo.
This method carries with it certain advantages, like this does not involve the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation and it is accepted by certain cultures and religious groups due to the fact that no spare embryos are created, which might require to be disposed of or get it frozen.
As far as disadvantage for this type of treatment is concerned, the success rates are not that high. The statistics published by the United Kingdom’s Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority, show that only one out of 26 women under the age of 35 could get pregnant in 2008 due to the natural cycle in vitro fertilisation.
Mild Stimulation In Vitro Fertilisation
This process is carried out just like standard in vitro fertilisation. Only exception is that the hormones used to stimulate the ovaries for producing a number of eggs, get used for a short span of time. This helps to narrow down the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome in women, who had developed this particular risk in previous cycles of in vitro fertilisation.
Mild stimulation might help get rid of the initial treatment to suppress the menstrual cycle, as a result of which one may not find this phase of treatment to be an uncomfortable one.
Like any form of treatment, this type of in vitro fertilisation treatment is not without certain disadvantages. One of them is the fewer number of eggs available for collection and hence lesser number of embryos to choose from for transfer. Still, due to the fact that stimulation of ovaries is not done in a similar manner, one does not require to wait for so long to repeat the particular cycle of in vitro fertilisation.
The low cost of mild stimulation IVF makes it a more desirable mode of infertility treatment as compared to the standard procedure followed for bringing for the desired results.
Hence, we have discussed about the two types of in vitro fertilisation for treating the problem of infertility among males and females along with their advantages and disadvantages in great detail. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
All of us have our 'good and bad hours' each day. While there are the night owls, who are more productive and ideating in the late night hours, there are others who like to be the early bird that literally catches the worm. For both these categories, there are again hours where the energy wanes. Did you know there are some simple techniques that can help to maintain consistent levels of energy throughout the day?
As much as possible, try and maintain a regular routine in terms of waking up, eating at the same hours as closely as possible, and retiring for the day. The biological clock or circadian rhythm needs to be maintained as much as possible if high productivity is desired.
Here are some things that can be completely and easily controlled to keep your energy levels steady through the day.
- Vitamin & mineral deficiency: It is important that we include loads of fresh fruits and vegetables in our diet, in order to nourish our body with required vitamin and minerals. This is important that a deficiency of vitamins like B12, D can often lead to fatigue or low energy levels.
- Hypothyroidism: Fatigue is one of the most common signs hypothyroidism and as per clinal records it has been established patients suffering from hypothyroidism have reported a significat drop in the level of fatigue by getting their hypothyroid treated.
- Sleep patterns: Be it going to bed or waking up, try and maintain a pattern that does not vary too much, at least not drastically. After waking up, a good dose of light in the morning is very helpful. If your work requires you to sleep during the day, ensure you get up into a room that is well and brightly lit.
- Exercise: Whether is it Saturday or cloudy, a 30 minute workout does magic like nothing else. Get outdoors and be it a walk or a run, cycling or swimming, you will see nothing else boosts your energy as well as this.
- Nutrition: Reduced carbohydrates, a good dose of protein, ample hydration, adequate fiber intake, and good quantity of dry fruits are somethings to definitely follow. Start with a good breakfast that can boost your energy requirements for the day and eat less as the day goes by.
- Caffeine: One of the most pleasant experience is to wake up to have a refreshing cup of coffee. While it sounds exotic, the body benefits more if this caffeine is provided sometime later in the day when the energy levels are low.
- Alcohol: For many, alcohol could be a way of stress busting, but if scientifically looked at, alcohol reduces the quality of sleep and leaves you feeling unrested. It also leaves one tired and irritated. If possible, the alcohol intake should be at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- Power naps: Highly proven technique, where possible, a power nap of 15 minutes is believed to boost up energy levels significantly.
These are some methods to boost your energy levels. Most of it something completely controllable and changeable by you, all it requires is a conscious effort from you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Guava leaves helps in weight loss as it prevents the body’s complex starches from getting converted into sugars. The Carbs in our body are broken down in the liver and guava leaves prevents this process of Carbohydrates getting transformed into useful compounds.
Guava leaves are also beneficial for diabetes patients. It helps in preventing the body’s absorption of sucrose and maltose and thus helps in lowering blood sugar levels. Consuming Guava leaves tea regularly for more than 12 weeks can help in maintaining your blood sugar levels. It also reduces the production of insulin in the body.
Do follow for more easy to follow, kitchen & home remedies.
Do take Personalised/Customised Diet/Therapeutic Nutrition Consultations for best results.
Dt. Neetha Dilip.