Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Gupta
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Seema GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor in this date of 3 me and my husband have sex and I got an period on 5 if any chance of pregnancy.
My wife had merina for 4 years and it has been removed 1 year back she has heavy bleed during periods and it will be for 5 days. Can you tell me for less bleed.
Sir/mam hymenoplasty k kitne din bad ghr ka km kr skte hai? Or ager hymenoplasty ke next day krna ho toh kr skte hai ya nhi?
I'm drinking lemon and honey in hot water every morning, will that affect my babies weight during breast feed? can I drink green? how can I lose weight during breast feeding without diet?
Walking during pregnancy is the best cardiovascular exercise. A pregnant women can do it at home or anywhere else. Walking is a great, safe exercise for pregnant women. It’s an ideal way to make sure that you’re getting the exercise you need in pregnancy. Brisk walking works your heart and lungs.
Start with a short, comfortable stroll and gradually increase the duration of the walk.
Once you’ve got into the habit of walking regularly, you can build up to faster, 30-minute walking sessions, four or more times a week.
You can walk for longer than that. Slow down or stop if you feel tired or feel any pain.
Swimming is safe in pregnancy.
Swimming helps to keep you fit, which will make it easier to adapt to pregnancy.
Swimming is a particularly good exercise in pregnancy, as the water helps to support your extra weight.
It’s usually safe for you to swim throughout your pregnancy.
Benefits of swimming:
• improve circulation
• boost heart and lung function
• increase muscle tone and strength
• build endurance
• reduce swelling and fluid retention
• burn calories, which helps to manage weight gain
• promote good sleep.
Yoga in pregnancy
Yoga is a way of life, opt for a beginner’s yoga class that uses a gentle form of yoga.
Wear loose, comfortable, light clothing. Yoga is easier to do if you’re barefoot, so you don’t need any special footwear.
Yoga should be practiced daily. Join regular aerobic exercise too, such as brisk walking or swimming. This will complement your yoga practice and help to develop muscle tone, strength and stamina.
What is pilates?
Pilates makes your body strong, flexible and balanced. It involves a series of movements and positions that help to improve your strength. The movements focus on your tummy, pelvic floor muscles and back muscles, which are all key to good posture, balance and strength. They also help your back and pelvis.
Pilates strengthens your tummy, back and pelvic floor muscles without straining other joints, so it’s a great exercise to do when you’re pregnant. Some research suggests that doing pilates regularly can be as effective as doing pelvic floor exercises.
The main benefit of pilates is that it targets the exact muscles and functions that can be a problem during pregnancy and after birth, in a safe way.
Benefits of pilates:
• strengthen your tummy muscles, which equips your body better to cope with the strains caused by the weight of your growing baby.
• reduces back pain, by exercising the deepest tummy muscles that stabilize your back and pelvis. Weak muscles can lead to back or pelvic pain.
• strengthen your pelvic floor, which will help to support your bowel, bladder and uterus (womb) as your baby grows and moves down.
• pilates exercises strengthen your core and may make you more stable when you walk as your bump grows.
• takes the strain off your back and pelvis, by using positions such as going on your hands and knees, which is a great position for pregnancy.
Aerobic exercise gets your heart beating a little faster, and makes you slightly out of breath.
Doing regular, low-impact aerobic exercise in pregnancy will help you to:
• strengthen your heart and lungs tone your muscles ease pregnancy aches and pains get a better night’s sleep.
• all of this will help you to stay positive and make you better equipped to cope with the demands of pregnancy and birth.
I have sex with my girlfriend before 1 month ago. Her periods starts on time. But now start some water in her breast. Please tell me solution.
I am 24 years old married girl. After marriage I had vaginal infection. But my infection is completely treated. Now I want to ask to doctor that is it serious problem? Is it created problem in pregnancy? And how is it treated so that it will never repeated again.
I am 40. Before the periods date I get anger and irritated for each small things. Also first 2 days I have sleepless nights bcoz of heavy flow. Please tell how to come out of it?
Low libido can affect a relationship in a big way. Time and again, an individual, irrespective of their age, gender or occupation can go through phases of low libido. Decreased sexual desire over a longer period of time needs thorough investigation. It could be an indication of something big and serious lying ahead.
Critical factors that attribute to low libido are:
- Stress: An individual's mental and emotional state is greatly reflected in their sexual performance. A sound mental health can enhance a performance thousand folds. On the contrary, factors like depression, anxiety and stress, lowers the sexual desires in a person. To enjoy a healthy and normal sexual life, it is important to keep stress and chronically blue moods at bay.
- Sound sleep: The benefits of a sound sleep are beyond imagination. A good 6 - 8 hours of sleep can do your sexual desires or libido a world of good. A sleep deprived soul will be agitated and cranky, both on and off the bed. Continuous sleep deprivation can also lower the testosterone level, resulting in low libido.
- Smoking: A killer habit, which affects a person's sexual activity is smoking. Drug abuse and drinking (to some extent) can be equally responsible for a low libido.
- Change in weight: A sudden change in body weight (gain or loss) can play a significant role in low libido. Take pride in your body structure. There is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Take a break: Boredom can mask your sexual life greatly. Break the monotony, take short breaks, go on vacations and low libido will be a thing of the past.