Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ruchi Malhotra
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchi MalhotraYour feedback matters!
My fiancé and I have been trying to conceive for going on 9 months now and we have only had a couple of miscarriages in the process. Currently, I am having some pregnancy symptoms as I have been having since last month. However tests showed up negative and I got my period. My period was light for 2 days and it seemed to only be spotting. But then it got darker for the next couple of days and then light again. I only passed 2 blood clots and never used an entire pad except one. My period is over since 2 days ago and yet I am still having pregnancy symptoms such as food aversions, sore nipples and breasts, nausea as well. I'm not sure what to think when tests always show up negative. The way I found out about my miscarriages were through periods that came late and lasted 2-3 weeks long. One of which I was 2-3 weeks late and then I passed a pink ball" clot" What's going on with me now that I'm still having symptoms after my period? I'm not ovulating yet.
Is white discharge is the cause of not having pregnancy? I have white discharge after periods every month. Pcod. Please suggest I want to conceive height 5.6 weight 63.
Women are blessed with the power to bear babies in their womb for nine long months and giving birth to them. But due to certain reasons, many women are not able to conceive a baby. But with the advent of the medical science, even if you are suffering from infertility issues, you can use donor eggs for In Vitro Fertilization process to have a child.
What is Donor Egg IVF?
It is the process of the In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) where the eggs used are from a donor. The donor may be within your relatives or friends, or you can also select a donor from a pool of egg donors available. Moreover, if you want to go for an IVF with frozen egg, then you have a choice of donors across the nation, and in case you only want to go for fresh donor egg IVF, then choose the donor locally. Fertility clinics and the hospitals are there to help you with the entire process.
What is the process?
IVF with a donor egg is a time taking process but it worth the time. Firstly, the fertility clinics ask for donor selection, if you already have someone from your close group, who is willing to donate her egg, it becomes quite simple. Otherwise, you can choose from the donors already registered with the fertility clinic.
- Once you have decided on the donor, the next step is to match both of your menstrual cycles. This is done by providing daily injections and medications to the donor to suppress her menstrual cycle and to match with yours. Moreover, this drug also improves the egg production so that the chances of receiving a healthy egg increase.
- Then the recipient’s womb is prepared for the embryo transfer. You would be provided with injections to boost your hormonal levels so that your uterus lining can grow thicker to receive and keep the embryo safe and healthy in it.
- Once you are prepared for the embryo transfer, the doctors after continuous monitoring of the donor decide on when to retrieve the egg. Once the donor produces the egg, it is extracted and processed for further procedure.
- Once the egg is retrieved, it is fertilized with the sperms of your partner in a lab. Fertilization and the embryo formations take few days after the egg retrieval process. Once the doctor becomes assured of the embryo is healthy, it is implanted in your uterus.
After successful embryo implantation, the physician will monitor the growth of the fetus on a periodic basis; you need to go for monthly follow-ups. It is little difficult at the beginning but keeps in mind the success rate; it is regarded as a boon for women who want to feel their baby in their womb even after having fertility issues. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Child deliveries during pregnancies are of two types. If you are pregnant or have someone in your family who is then you can either go for caesarean section (or C-section) delivery or normal delivery, which is also known as vaginal delivery. In some case C-section delivery is chosen by your doctor as it may be a safer option in case you have some health complications. Diabetes, high blood pressure or herpes can cause complication that may in advance let you know whether the delivery procedure would be C-section or the normal one. Here are the pro and cons of both the procedure.
Natural Delivery: Benefits and Disadvantages
- Shorter stay in the hospital and time for recovery can help you in case of normal delivery.
- It may be physically painful but at the end of the day as it is a natural delivery method and you will experience less postpartum pain.
- There would be lesser chances of respiratory problems in your baby.
- Normal delivery may cause fear and anxiety which may lead to huge complications. Even your baby may face the risk of being deprived of oxygen from cord compression.
- It is also more painful and unpredictable.
- There may be increased chances of pelvic organ prolapses in normal section deliveries.
C-section: Benefits and Disadvantages
- You will be well in advance told about the delivery date by your doctor and hence planning is made easy. 2. If you have any infection like herpes chances of your baby being is reduced by c section delivery.
- There will be lesser risk of pelvic floor injury and few cases of urinary continence.
- There will be no risk of birth related trauma like bruises and swelling.
- There are surgical risks of anesthesia which can cause severe adverse side effects like headache, nausea and vomiting.
- There are also chances of heart attacks and blood clotting in veins. You may also have chances of postpartum infection in c section delivery.
- Numbness around the area of operation and bleeding may require a hysterectomy which is a surgery to remove the uterus.
There are many other pro and cons of the two methods of delivery and you should always consult your doctor and follow proper medications for better delivery of the newborn.
The Tulsi plant or holy Tulsi has been an intrinsic part of Indian history. It runs so deep within the realm of our understanding and profession of Hinduism or of an overly eastern way of life, that you use it as a metaphor for sanctity. Most Hindu households, both rural and urban, worship this plant. The benefits of this herb have had the support of a huge mass of people who would not have settled for anything other than a scientific approval of their faith; the humor in this statement eludes most proving every bit of truth in it. Indeed, this healthy herb has been found to be helpful in more than a couple of ways and has thus, transcended the limits of domestic and cultural identities.
See for yourself how healthy is Tulsi:
- Fight off cancer with Tulsi leaves: Tulsi plant is widely sought after for its anti-carcinogenic properties. It is also known to counter bacteria and other viral infections. One may even use its leaves as an antibiotic. Regular consumption of its leaves on an empty stomach can rid you of recurrent problems like fever or cough and cold.
- Pamper your skin with a touch of health: Tulsi is known to detoxify and cleanse the human body. Most skin disorders arise due to underlying skin infections. These infections are usually the result of toxins. Applying a Tulsi pack or drinking herbal teas can therefore be effective.
- Say goodbye to crushing digestive problems: Tulsi can build up your immunity against common conditions like diarrhea or dysentery. People suffering from slow bowel movement have also gained from this herb. It propels good digestion.
- A big threat to mosquito borne diseases: Treatment of Malaria and dengue incurs thousands. Using Tulsi as a preventive herb can be of significant help. Tulsi is also known to cure hepatitis and tuberculosis.
- Bathe in Tulsi water to remedy rashes: Adding Tulsi leaves to your bathing water successfully deals with germs and bacteria. You can easily tackle itchy skin, rashes, and boils with this simple tip.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!