Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchi MalhotraYour feedback matters!
Hello! I had Hystersoscopy done on 7th Jan after that I was given antibiotics and some medicines All was ok I got my periods also and now I am currently on tablet Enrifol. I am having some pain in lower left side Abdomen and I am having frequent urination. Some acidity and hairfall Kindly help as to why is it happening.
My age is 34. After my delivery my weight increases due to thyroid. That time my weight 84 kg. So I request you please help me that how can reduce my weight ?
Imagine yourself in a situation; your son will reach his puberty in next couple of years and you want him to reach this critical age with complete understanding of how a man and woman’s body works. This is not an imagination, but most of us either have already faced this situation or will going to face it in future.
Shivani Misri Sadhoo, an eminent psychologist in Delhi, today’s shares her tips on how to talk to your son about periods.
First you should start a direct conversation with your son; don’t run in circles, tell him about periods and patiently answer all his questions. Be as straightforward as you can. You can start your conversation like:
1. In your school you have seen older boys, their voices sound heavy like your father’s. This happens because when boys grow up they pass through a phase where lot of physical changes take place, both inside and outside of the body. This phase is called puberty.
2. During puberty a boy’s voice change, hair grows in his facial and genital region. Just like that, when girls hit their puberty they start menstruating.
3. Just like birds, mammals including humans come from an egg which is inside a girl’s body. The egg develops inside a girl every month though she doesn’t necessarily get pregnant every month. When the girl doesn’t get pregnant, the egg passes out of her body with some blood.
4. When a girl menstruates, her body sheds the lining of the uterus along with an unfertilised egg and it flows from the uterus to the cervix and out of her body through the vaginal opening. This whole process is called menstruation or periods.
5. A girl bleeds every month for around four or more days depending on her menstrual cycle. Yes, your mother goes through it too till a certain age.
6. For hygiene girls use sanitary pads, which absorb the blood. Hence, the pad is placed near the cervix covering the vaginal area.
7. During periods, some women might feel discomfort or pain in the lower abdomen area; others may feel a slight discomfort.
8. It is not something to be embarrassed by or something you should make fun of. It is very normal. It is a sign of a girl being healthy. Not getting periods on time is very unhealthy, and might prove to be a big medical problem.
I am a 22 year old guy. Last month my girlfriend is pregnant but we dont want a baby yet. Give me solution.
Lung capacity (or total lung capacity) refers to the total volume of air contained in the lungs after one complete inhalation and is a direct summation of your respiratory capacity and residual capacity (the amount you inhale and the amount your lungs can keep). A diminished lung capacity can stem from a number of conditions such as asthma, emphysema, lung cancer, or from bad habits such as excessive smoking. This, however, can be combated by a number of means.
1. Breathing exercises:
- Deep breathing: Research has shown, that taking long deep breaths, which basically encompasses inhaling for as long as possible and holding your breath for about 15-20 seconds can work wonders in increasing lung capacity if it can be carried out several times a day.
- Splashing water on your face: Splashing water on your face while holding breath lowers the heart rate, and prepares the body in the same way as if you were about to go swimming. This will automatically increase your lung's capacity to hold air.
- Try meditation: Closing your eyes and meditating for long periods may also prove to be beneficial. The lesser the amount of energy that you expend, the more air the lungs can hold.
2. Physical exercises:
- Engage in rigorous cardiovascular activities: Increased cardiovascular exercising, including aerobics, running, cycling is very useful, as it pushes your body to exhaustion, thus forcing your lungs to work harder - in turn, increasing its capacity.
- Increase water-based exercises: Swimming or exercising in water is very beneficial for the body as it adds an element of resistance to your training regime and overworks your lungs to supply enough oxygen, making them work better.
- Try exercising at higher elevations: This often works as a foolproof way of increasing lung capacity. Higher altitudes have lower oxygen supply. Thus, overworking your lungs by engaging in intense workouts can be very beneficial for your lungs.
3. Long-term training exercises:
- Increase your resistance: Breathe in high quantities of air, and take time before releasing it completely and do it very slowly. This forces your lungs to hold air longer, thus stretching them out.
- Overwork your brain: Try to breathe in extra - more than what you normally do. This forces your brain to work overtime to make sure that the lungs have the capacity to take in that excess air. This will greatly increase lung capacity in the long run.
I had laparoscopy family planning surgery before 1 year. I have irregular periods. I dint get periods for two months. But now I got pregnancy symptoms and later I scanned and doctor told small gestation sac was seen but blood test test came neg. Doc told to rescan after 2 weeks. But I am sure tat I am pregnant. I got one shocking news. After tat day. I got my periods. Can I get pregnant once again.
On shoulder cyst occur. Not filled with pus. When I touch it hurts or itching is there how much tym it will took.
Hello sir. Whether in first sex shall we have pregnancy that to after one month like if sex has taken in Feb 18 and pregnancy will be on March 18 whether is it possible to have pregnancy. Please suggest me.
I am 31 years old, married 9 month before recently I have problem after having sex, penis top skin get cracked type wound, and inside some red rashes found.
Is there any test to check the mental state of child during pregnancy and if yes then what arw the tests and in which period one have to go through that.
I am 28. Now a days my vagina is become very dry all the time. And some time I have problem of etching. What can I do?
There is some whitish fluid coming from vagina sometimes there is slight odour please give me the solution.
Continuously bleeding after pre-term delivery. It's almost 50 days and still bleeding hasn't stopped. Went to doctor and she did scanning and ultra sound report was also normal. Doctor gave me pause 500 tablets for 3 days but still bleeding is there. Can anybody suggest me something to stop bleeding. Any home remedy or something bcz I am fed up with so many days of bleeding.
I am . 35 years age. My left side breast feel heavy and some time pain. Where as right side is ok. Which specialist is appropriate for treatment. Even my nipples is odd.
Hello doctor, I am 6 month and 2 wk pregnant. Please tell me is it safe to travel by Air or by train. Further it is mention that by Air it takes 5 hrs. As my husband is posted to Agra.
Had sex on 5th day of my cycle n took i-pill. After a week had some spotting. Doctor prescribed norethisterone 5mg. After stopping it had bleeding on the 4th day. It was like my normal periods. M I pregnant?
I am 25 years old. Every month when menses comes. Its ache my stomach. Some time its unbearable. Some time I do vomiting in periods. When I have done with vomit. My pain is totally vanish. Please provide me some solution for get rid of this abdomen pain in period.
Epigallocathechin gallete (egcg) is a polyphenol, the most abundant form of catechin in green tea. It is known to be the main attributable factor of beneficial effects of green tea. Through a complex biochemical reaction, egcg in green tea helps sensitize cells so they are better able to metabolize sugar, which is beneficial for both type 1 and 2 diabetes.
Green tea consumption is associated with reduced mortality due to all causes and cardiovascular disease. It is effective in decreasing blood pressure, low density lipoprotein cholesterol, oxidative stress, and a marker of chronic inflammation. This acts as a therapeutic tool for obesity also.
Green tea is good for people with diabetes because it helps the metabolic system function better.