Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nirupama TyagiYour feedback matters!
My baby is 7 months old. Which type of foods are good for him? Weight is little low at the time of birth. What are the weight gain food.
SIR MY BABY BOY IS ABOUT 3 MONTH OLD ,HIS MONTH WISE VACINATION JUST GO FINE , HIS NEXT DUE DATE IS 4TH MARCH ,BUT I WANT TO GO IN 1ST MARCH DUE TO SOME WORK, IS IT RIGHT OR 4TH MARCH IS RIGHT FOR BABY,KINDLY SUGGEST
Why are Milk teeth important?
As milk teeth fall out, it is a common misconception that they do not matter.
The primary teeth have a number of important roles:
• Essential in the first step of digesting food: chewing, biting and grinding
• Allow good pronunciation and speech habits
• Encourage normal development of the jaw bones and muscles
• Ensure there is enough room for permanent teeth to erupt
• Help your child feel comfortable about the way he/she looks
• Guide the permanent teeth to erupt at the correct position in the dental arch since the permanent teeth grow under the milk teeth
• Also, your child's general health can be affected if diseased baby teeth aren't treated.
Remember, some milk molars are not replaced until age ten to fourteen, so they must last for years
What would happen if milk teeth are not taken care of?
Tooth decay and disease present in milk teeth can cause pain and discomfort and can easily pass on to permanent teeth as they erupt. Milk molars remain in the mouth until around 10 to 12 years of age with lots of opportunity to pass decay on to their new permanent neighbors. If it spreads to the root, an infection in a decayed milk tooth can damage the developing permanent tooth lying directly underneath. Consequently, the permanent tooth may erupt either in the wrong position or may not erupt at all i.e. it may remain embedded in the gums.
Why a Pediatric Dentist?
In the same way that paediatricians are trained to meet a child's medical needs, a paediatric dental specialist is uniquely qualified to protect your child's oral health. Paediatric dentists have an additional two to three years of training at university paediatric facilities in addition to four year of dental study. They know how to deal with the behavioural aspects of children, how to make them feel comfortable, and to make the experience pleasant. Also, they are trained and qualified to treat special needs patients. Paediatric dentists have a holistic approach of handling a child patient whereby the dental visit becomes a pleasant experience and not a nightmare. The very reason they are well versed with the psychology of the child which aids in execution of treatment effectively & efficiently simultaneously instilling a positive dental attitude in those little ones
She gave birth to the girl child on 8 September 2016. But still access milk in her breast. And pain in her breast due to node.
Hi, Today I have got my female baby (10 weeks) administered with Rotavac oral drops at hospital. After few drops, the bottle fell down and so got a new Rotavac vaccine and poured full 0.5ml dose in to her mouth. Now I am suspicious that she got overdose (not sure how much ml went inside her mouth from first bottle). Please let me know, if this overdose leads to any problems. Is there anything that I can do now to overcome this overdosage. Thanks,
My relative son age is 5 yrs. Boy is suffering from hyperactivity. He won't listen what we says, he is completely out of our world. He won't sit at one place. Simply he shouts. While making sound he il close his eyes & ears with hand. Everything he got late from childhood like walking, talking. Etc. And he don't know how to eat with his hands some one should make him to eat daily. How to reduce it. How to recover him as a normal child. Please suggest me.
Infant born 3 days ago, not lifting left hand and hold our fingers with less grip. Baby weight is 4 kg and normal delivery. Please let us know the reason.
My little baby girl who is 6 months old is having sticky eyes when she gets up. Since last 4 months, she is having tears coming out from her left eye. I consulted my doctor, she said her tear glands are forming so there is nothing to worry. Will get alright on its own. There is a yellow discharge which comes out when she gets up. Kindly suggest.
I am 3.5 years old. Suffering from loose motion and indigestion. What food I eat for quick recovery? Suggest medicine. Thankyou.
My baby suffering from loose motion from past 15days, her poo like green mix and now she is 5 month old. She is taking only breastfeeding and formula feeding Please suggest.
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: "Common Ear Infections: What You Should Know About Them"
My son is 3 month old. I have thermometer to check his body temp. What is the normal temperature for babies? When it is said to be fever's temp?
Along with the baby, the mother also benefits physically and emotionally from breastfeeding. Due to the release of the prolactin hormones, a peaceful and nurturing sensation fills the mother.