Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
It's regarding my gf. We had sex with protection 4-5 days before expected menses. Now they r late. Today its 4th day. Still there is no menses. We r too afraid of pregnancy. We can't take help of parents as we r college students. Plzzz suggest me something.
Hello Doctor, I am 2 months pregnant. In Dino mujhey thakawat feel hoti h morning & evening me. or kabhi kabhi bhook nahi lagti h or kabhi kabhi bahut bhook lgti h. What should I do? Please suggest me. Kya mujay koi special diet laene chahiye.
I have pitta from last two days and breastfed my baby (8 month old). Can I take avil in this. Is there any side effect while breastfeeding.
My girlfriend is being diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease. She is in her 3rd week of medication. She usually get her periods on 12th but this time she saying that shes not feeling it from inside and my not get it on time. The medicines are taxim (antibiotic, gramocef,combiflam and pan 40. Is it possible that her periods could be delayed because of the medicines? Please advice. your advice will be appreciated.
Hi doctors, just want to know my age is 27 female and my height is 5.4, and my weight is 69, what should b my perfect weight, Ian planning for a baby so just need the healthy tips.
We can differentiate between the milk from a cow or a buffalo by looking at its color and thickness. While being different from one another in terms of composition and richness, both cow and buffalo milk possess properties that give them their unique nutritional value and health benefits. Including them in your daily diet can help you to stay fit and strong. Here's a look at what they offer, and which one can be the most appropriate for you:
1. Fat content - It's the fat content of these two milks that instantly make them different from one another. Of the two, buffalo milk has a higher percentage of fat content, which keeps your stomach fuller for a long time. On the other hand, cow's milk is easier to digest due to its low-fat content. When it comes to the fat percentage in buffalo milk, on an average it is two times more than that of cow milk. So, if the average fat content in cow milk is 3-4% that of buffalo milk is about 7-8%.
2. Protein content - Buffalo milk contains more protein in comparison to cow milk, which can make it more difficult to digest. It comes with a protein content that is in the range of 4.2%-4.5% and is 11% higher than that of cow milk.
3. Cholesterol content - Cholesterol levels differ in both the milk, with buffalo milk being significantly lower in cholesterol. While buffalo milk has a cholesterol content of 0.65 mg/g, cow milk records 3.14 mg/g of cholesterol.
4. Water content - Cow milk reports higher water content compared to buffalo milk. This is because it contains fewer solids with about 90% of the milk being composed of water. It's this high water percentage that gives cow milk its hydrating quality.
5. Calorie content - Since buffalo milk comes with more proteins and fat, it has more calories. For every 100ml of buffalo milk, you consume about 100Kcals. On the other hand, cow milk contains about 70 Kcals.
If you're on a diet to lose weight and improve your metabolic processes, cow milk would be the most appropriate option as it is low in fat, protein and calorie content. On the other hand, if you want to gain weight and strengthen weak bones, buffalo milk is what you should have daily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Oats are known to aid in the process of weight loss. They are filled with fiber and that in itself has been known to promote weight loss. They are the most filling cereal known. Not only do they beat doughnuts and white bread in satiety rankings, but they also outshine eggs and high-bran cereal. They are low in fat which ensures that your diet is just right without any extra fat in it.
Ways to have oats for weight loss
Because oats are known for helping with weight loss and making you feel full for longer hours, it is a great idea to add oats to your weight loss regimen.
Here are ways by which you can have oats to promote weight loss:
1. As breakfast
Mix half a cup of regular unprocessed oats with 1 cup of skimmed milk. Have this for breakfast 3-4 times a week for best results. You can replace milk with water for added benefits.
2. As a healthy meal
Take a cup full of oats, pour half a cup of almond milk or soya milk. Add all your favourite fruits like berries, peaches, apple to it to make it nutrient-rich. This ensures your stomach is full for&nbsp;atleast&nbsp;3 hours.
3. As a delicious snack
Take plain oats, dry fruits, a little water, peanut butter and mix it into a thick dough. Take bread and put the paste inside. Roll it and put in the oven for rolled breadsticks that are a healthy snack option. You can carry them to work and munch on them for your snack cravings.
4. As khichdi
In a bowl, boil water, add half a tsp of salt, turmeric, chilly powder to taste. Also, mix boiled vegetables like peas, carrot, lettuce leaves and finally oats. Stir till the oats are soft and ready to eat. Here is your healthy khichdi ready to eat!
Things to remember
It is important to choose the right kind of oats if you want to achieve desired benefits.
-make sure you buy plain oats without any added flavorings.
-the packaged oats are generally loaded with sugar which adds a lot of calories without any additional nutritional benefit.
-one packet of flavoured oats has around 160 kcal with around 8-10 gm of sugar while 1/3rd cup serving of plain rolled oats enough to make roughly a half-cup of cooked oatmeal has just 102 calories and less than 1 gram of sugar.
-if you switch from flavored oats to plain oats every morning, you can cut down upto 20, 000 calories in a year. This means losing around 3 kg without making any other changes in your diet.
-avoid adding honey, peanut butter and sugary toppings.
-boost your oats fiber content by adding a handful of berries like blueberries or strawberries (25 to 40 calories per half-cup).
So, go ahead and make oats a part of your daily diet to help you shed those extra kilos. Stay healthy, stay happy!