Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in New Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepa Singh
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa SinghYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, my mom age is 44. She is suffering from uti and had an ovarian cyst in left ovary with the size of 2.25*11.25*2.18 mm. And she had prescribed for ciprofloxacin, metronidazole,domperidone, omeprazole.Is it curable with this itself or it needs any surgery. Please reply me soon.
I am 26 years old and I am suffering from mensuration problem. My mensuration circle is 35 days average. And I have less bleeding and my legs have a great pain during the whole month from back to feet all day have the pain. No pain killer is effective for this pain what can I do please help.
Hello Sir, 20 days ago, Me and my girlfriend had oral sex. She is 20 age now, she takes my sperm inside her mouth then she spitted that. After that we kissed for a minute. Then I got down on her and kissed her vagina. Is it possible to sperms to get inside her vagina from my mouth? We did this 20 days ago. Usually she have periods on 1st or 2nd day of the month. But she got her periods on 10th day. Is it pregnancy bleeding or normal menstrual bleeding? We have checked upt. It says negative. Is there any chance she is pregnant?
To make your married life exciting and happy with a deep sense of intimacy it is very much necessary to learn how to cope up with sexual disorders, which is only possible with communication and proper treatment. Marriage is a balance of emotional and physical needs, which is required to be fulfilled in order to be called as a successful marriage. Sexual disorders can have an adverse effect on this beautiful relationship of commitment, in order to overcome and deal with the disorder it is needed that couples discuss and try to understand each other’s problems with due concern.
Today sexual disorders are very common; about 60 % of married couples are facing sexual disorders whether male or female, which is also being a major reason for the numbers of couples have separated. In many cases couples hesitate or do not speak to their partner about their sexual problems which results into lack of trust, intimacy, depression, anger, resentment, extra marital affairs and even takes a toll on life. Partners should adopt the best ways to minimize the effect of sexual disorder on their married life whether it is proper consultation to doctors or open and regular discussion about the preventive steps and medication. Patience is the key to combat the disease in all ways.
Male Sexual Disorders can be broadly categorised as Erectile Dysfunction, Premature Ejaculation, Loss of Libido, Impotency, Less and Unhealthy Sperms. Delayed Ejaculation etc, have various causes behind it. It may be caused due to chronic diseases like diabetes, liver dysfunction, alcoholism, drug abuse, smoking, unhealthy lifestyle, excessive masturbation etc. Sometimes people go for testosterone supplements to boost their impotency but it does not show much benefit if we compare to ayurvedic treatment.
Whereas, Female Sexual Disorders such as Leucorrhoea, Dryness of vagina, Pain during sex, Absent orgasm, Low libido/Low sex desire can be caused due to hormonal imbalances, tiredness, chronic diseases, menopause, pregnancy, ageing and depression. As females are much sensitive towards sexual disorders it is highly recommended to take preventive measures and must be on regular checkups with medication.
Sexual Disorders should be handled with extreme care and empathy. In the world of Ayurveda there are various treatments and therapies which are known to be very effective and have an excellent efficiency to cure the disease from the roots and prevent it to have an impact again. Ayurvedic medicines naturally treat body ailments, rejuvenate and restore energy with hormonal balance. Regular consultation with the sexologist and mutual cooperation between the partners is advised to get a better understanding of disease and its treatment.
The food we eat affects our mind and body in various ways. There are many kinds of foods that have varied kinds of effects on how our body behaves due to the nutritional properties of the same. Spinach is a well known green vegetable that is rich in iron and various other nutrients. Since time immemorial, this vegetable has been used in various forms like soups, curries and much more so that we may enjoy the health benefits of the same.
Let us find out more about the health benefits of spinach with these quick pieces of information.
- Prevents cancer: One of the foremost qualities of having spinach on a regular basis is that it helps in the prevention of cancer. This is due to the fact that the level of chlorophyll that one may find in spinach is absolutely apt when it comes to blocking the entry and effect of carcinogenic material and elements in our body. These are the elements that may enter our body due to pollution as well as through some kinds of processed food. So one will need to eat plenty of spinach, especially in today’s day and age of adulterated food and pollution, so as to mitigate the effect of these elements and prevent cancer. Spinach is also highly recommended for those people who have a history of cancer in their family, and hence, are at a higher risk of getting the same.
- Helps in managing one’s diabetes: Alpha lipoid acid is one of the most well-known antioxidants that can be found in spinach. This is one of the rare elements that helps in lowering the glucose levels in the body even as it increases sensitivity towards insulin. This, in turn, helps in taking care of one’s diabetes without constant hospitalisation and medication. It also helps in managing diabetes through a neuropathy approach.
- Brings down blood pressure: Spinach is of great value for patients who have been suffering from problems like hypertension as it brings down the blood pressure levels. This is because spinach manages to negate the effect of sodium, which may be found in the body. This happens due to the high potassium content, which may be found in this leafy green vegetable.
- Increases the health of bones: When we have spinach on a regular basis, our bones also get the benefit of the same. The risk of bone fracture is literally reduced to half due to the high level of vitamin K and protein content of this vegetable.
- Gives you good skin and hair: With the constant ingestion of spinach, one can also get shining hair and glowing skin due to Vitamin C and collagen element that is found in abundance in this vegetable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Close to 400 million people across the world are affected by diabetes, and this chronic condition drastically reduces the quality of life if not managed properly. Though several treatment options are available to manage the condition, lack of awareness hinders many from seeking treatment.
Insulin therapy is provided for type II diabetes patients to achieve and maintain a steady blood sugar level. A few may think that injecting insulin is a complicated therapy, but there is no reason to be afraid of insulin treatment.
Insulin treatment is often regarded as the last resort when it comes to managing type II diabetes, but experts suggest that this should not be the case. Insulin is a type of hormone that the pancreas produces naturally and in case there is any deficiency of it, a person may have to take insulin. However, you cannot purchase insulin in pill form, and thus, insulin injections are the only way that can stabilize the insulin requirement in your body.
When is insulin given to a person?
Insulin treatment is required when a person who has type II diabetes is not able to produce adequate levels of the hormone, and other techniques and medications fail to treat the condition. Initially, basal insulin, commonly referred to as background insulin is given to a person owing to its low and consistent level in the blood for a long stretch of time. Also, there are different types of medications available for controlling diabetes, and therefore, some people may need one basal injection along with pills while others may require mixed insulin treatment.
The different types of insulin available for treating diabetes-
Every individual has a different set of variables that make his or her health condition unique. There are also various approaches to controlling blood sugar, and this includes the insulin type prescribed as well.
According to the reports of the American Diabetes Association, there are several forms of insulin with their unique benefits and properties such as speed and span of efficacy, and peak points. Here are some of the most commonly prescribed types of insulin:
- Regular insulin: Also referred to as short-acting insulin, this kind of insulin is consumed during mealtime, and it reaches the bloodstream within half an hour after injecting. It peaks in about 2 to 3 hours and remains effective for up to 6 hours.
- Long-acting insulin: It is given once a day, and it can stabilize blood sugar levels for the whole day.
- Rapid-acting insulin: As the name suggests, this insulin works fast and lasts for about 2 to 4 hours.
- Intermediate-acting insulin: It works slower than its rapid-acting counterpart, but faster than long-acting insulin. It reaches the bloodstream in about 2 hours after injection and remains effective for about 18 hours.
It is crucial to discuss one’s preferences and medical history with a professional endocrinologist for an effective insulin treatment plan. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My girlfriend used to have menses on 5th of every month but on 12th we had sexual intercourse without condoms and we used preventive method of coitus interrupts. As she already had menses of that month we waited for next month's 3rd for menses to come but till 15th she didn't got menses so she took mifepristone n mifepristone. As someone told that after taking those pills bleeding starts but no such thing happened to her. Pregnancy detection kit shows negative result. She also has polycystic ovarian disorder but menses were regular. Is she pregnant.Please tell.
Doctor I check my pregnancy its positive so I but pregnot kit and take a tablet from it at last night at 10: 30 pm but still my bleeding is not come and after how much time my bleeding took place and please tell me that how would I take rest of 4 tablet? Please help me immidately.
Giving birth to a child is a joyous and emotional time. After nine long months of pregnancy, one greets the arrival of baby with great anticipation. It is absolutely normal that the time post delivery marks a drastic change in sexual desire. While both women and menexpect changes in their sex life immediately after the birth of a child, but as time passes by, it is normal for both partners to wonder when things will ever return to normal. It is a fairly common condition to have a decreased sex drive after giving birth and this feeling can last for months which can be attributed to many factors. Refer to the following tips to get your drive back.
- Consult your Gynaecologist: One should take gynaecologist into confidence to discuss how one's libido has changed after child birth, who will in turn help to rule out any physical issues if any.
- Emotional & Physical Fatigue: Nursing a new born is no joke and it drains you physically. In a post delivery scenario, ones libido has to fight with overwhelming emotional as well as physical fatigue that results from nursing of a new born. One can share the night-time feeding with one's partner and try to catch up on the sleep with day time nap. One simply cannot look forward to sex if one is deprived of sleep.
- Release the pressure and guilt: The body is still recovering and one may get a feel that one is not attractive as before, which makes a dramatic impact on body image. Communicate honestly with your partner about the lack of drive. It is likely that he will also be experiencing similar issues and conflicting emotions. Giving reassurance that one is working on increasing the libido can help ease the pressure on both the individuals.
- Prepare for sex: Do anything to relax and get into the mood before hitting the bed. It can be as simple as a hot shower or a refreshing drink, but it is important to help your body transition from mother to lover.
- Use a lubricant: It is hard to look forward to something that is painful. Breastfeeding plays a significant role in the decrease in libido. Oestrogen is an important hormone that decreases with breastfeeding which affects vaginal tissues. The most common vaginal side effects of decreased oestrogen are dryness hence it's important to use lubricants to minimize the discomfort of vaginal dryness and make sex more enjoyable.
Libido is a complicated and there will be times one has to do even if one is not in the mood. Sometimes it takes a little nudge to get the libido back into gear. Once one gets over the hurdle of not being in the mood, one may just realise that one is enjoying the act.The good news is that this decrease in libido is temporary. With time and patience, one can rebuild a satisfying sexual relationship with their partner.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!