Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Anurag SinghalYour feedback matters!
Sir good evening my age 43 morning B P 123 and 82 after evening 140 and 90 wise take medicine or not 29. 082016test report is sugar 78 and after take glucose 93 Total cholesterol 119 HDl 32, ldl 67, vldl 20, triglyceride 100 Urea 27, creatinine. 0.6 Uric acid 6.5 Haemoglobin 14, trbc 4.9, t l c 8800 eosinophil 450/cmm Platelets 3 10000/ m any suggestions please Daily morning walk 7 to 10 kms run and walk And take food in time not attend any party or not take junk food One walnuts, a 6 no almond or one apricots Amy my body require please consider me
Near the Diaphragm middle of blew the chest I feel pain during sneezing, whopping and fast breathing sometimes.
I am 35 year old last year had angioplasty. No have slightly pain in back and fronts chest. Like. Stretching lipid profile in almost normal. Triglycerides is little bit higher side. Do I need to worry or its life mussels streach.
I have been suffering from chest pain from 8 months. Its pain when I stretch my right hand up. A doc told me that you have just a muscle pain. But he don't gave me a medicine to treat that. He said that it would be alright itself but its already too late. please suggest me how can I get rid from this pain.
Over the last few decades, the word cholesterol has assumed a different connotation. It has come to be known as a silent killer that spells doom for health. However, what we need to realize is that a certain amount of cholesterol is essential for the proper functioning of the body. The liver produces about 85% of the cholesterol that is required by the body normally. The ever changing food habits have introduced a lot of processed foods that are loaded with saturated fats. Along with this, reduced physical activity has led to accumulation of cholesterol in the blood.
The types of cholesterol are based on the density and we have 2 types of density that is Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) and High Density Lipoprotein (HDL). LDL is more dangerous than HDL, called as bad and good cholesterol respectively. In addition, the triglycerides and lipoprotein are also critical indicators of overall cholesterol levels. Depending on a person's age, height and weight, normal levels are derived for each of these four.
Because of their density of the cholesterol molecules, as they are circulating in the blood stream, they tend to get sluggish and settle down along the walls of the blood vessels, referred to as plaque. This plaque attracts more and more cholesterol from the blood and the layer gets gradually thicker. This reduces the thickness of the blood vessels and in severe cases even completely blocks blood flow to important organs like the brain and heart, leading to severe conditions like stroke and heart attack respectively.
However, it is not always that all cholesterol is bad. It is one of the essential things for the proper body functions with the main functions listed below:
- Each cell in the body requires it to form the cell membrane, the protective layer around the cells
- Synthesis of vitamin D is done with the help of cholesterol, which is very essential for skin health
- It also helps in hormone formation. In addition to steroids, other hormones like testosterone, estrogen, cortisol require cholesterol as a main ingredient
- Formation of neurotransmitters and overall nerve function requires cholesterol. This ensures optimal neurological functioning.
So, as noted above, there are, both good and bad aspects to cholesterol. It is not all that dangerous a thing that it is made out to be. The trick is to maintain a good level of cholesterol so that the body's requirements are met, and at the same time, the harmful effects are kept at bay. Some important parameters to manage, include the percentage of bad cholesterol in the blood and the ratio of triglycerides to HDL in the blood. These are considered fair indicators of heart health and if need be, lifestyle changes and/or medications can be undertaken to manage overall health and reduce risk of heart disease and stroke.
Its my 5th month of pregnancy and I am having severe hip pain and at times it gets blocked. Please give me suggestion regarding this problem.
Dear sir, I am 33 years old. I am suffering from primary hypothyroidism and high blood pressure last 15 month. My esonophil count is 11 which is out of range. I have ellergic problem. Please help me.
I am 30 years living in London and I work like 7 hrs but I have chest pain and palpitation which makes me feel low and weak all the time and now I feel back and neck pain as well any suggestion.
Love:It does make the world go round. With millions of songs and movies that have this emotion in its center, can it really be any other way? From early life, love acts as a security blanket from our parents, a growing up adventure with siblings and an out of the world experience with pets. When you learn to care and love, it becomes a life habit that helps you find happiness in all situations.
In several Harvard studies over the years on finding the 'secret of happiness'and the connection between happiness, health, and love, one common undisputed fact emerged that love and good relationships keep you healthier and happier. There really is no medicine like having someone to love and share a life with. Note that you need these reasons for being in love but it is great to know them any way.
- The heart and love connection: Our heart has been connected with the emotion of love for so many reasons. Historically, the heart was thought to be the seat to thinking, emotions and memories. It beating extra hard during excitement and love gave an automatic connection to the two. This popular notion continued to take center stage even after it was scientifically proven that the heart only pumped blood while the brain took up other functionalities. The association remains strong until date where the beating heart as a life source is associate with love - which makes life a happy place.
- Love can boost your immune system: A research by Ronald Glazer and Jan Kiecolt-Glaser suggested that couples who engaged in positive conflict resolution had a higher functioning immune system than those who didn't. Which means, if you get into an argument, you need to play fair and play nice. Couples who argued and stonewalled showed a larger decline in their immediate immune system functioning. Some connection!
- Love more, live longer: According to a 2004 study by the CDC, married couples had the lowest mortality rates. Generally speaking, people who are in committed, loving relationships experience less stress which translates to improved heart health. Happy and loving relationships also coax us into giving up risky behaviours like smoking, especially when you want to raise a family. This in turn propels a healthy lifestyle.
- It can reduce your pain: Pain is a feeling when we are physically harmed internally or externally and its intensity is controlled by our brain. But the heart plays an equally important role in its intensity - i.e. reducing it. If you hold the hand of the person you love, it can minimize your feelings of pain. No wonder then that women in labor hold their husband's hand to tide through the pain!
- Love can keep your heart happy: Love increases the feeling of bliss and elevates you into a different sphere of optimism, energy and sense of well being - all of which go into keeping your heart healthy.
Hand shivering at the age of 70 does it relate to blood pressure. Will it be a side effect of bp medication of aten 25 or 50?
I am a 40 years old diabetic patient last 9 years and my latest fb is 146, pp is 233, Hba1c is 6.5,creatinine level is 1.4,SGPT is 65, creatinine spot urine is 319.87,mitral urine-40.9,TSH-5.52,Weight-55.70,urea-74, cholesterol- 171, Triglycerides-139, SGOT-35, LDL Cholesterol- 43, LDL cholesterol-108, WBC-13.8,Haemoglobin-15.1,fatty liver grade 1, bp-150/90. Is it any serious in my report now? Please tell me how to control all of these?
Sir, I have High BP and used to take medicine for the same (AMODEP-AT, 5mg, FDC Limited). My BP is in the range of 135/88 average. I do check my BP regularly, and last few days when I checked my BP it was in the range of 118/77 average. I also feels sleepy and tired. Note - I do Smoke and recently I am trying to stop the same, yet didn't achieved 100%, but brought it down to 40%. I am working hard to achieve 100% Smoke free. Is there any major issues. Kindly Help.
I am 79 years old and diabetic for the past 30 yrs. I have angina and am fed up of taking sorbitrate (s/l) almost daily. I would be grateful to know about an effective ayurvedic remedy for this condition. Thanks.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I'm 61years old and taking allopathic medicine for diabetes and high blood pressure.I'am suffering from Erectile disfunction.Is there any perfect solution in Ayurvedic?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
If you suspect any case of cerebrovascular accident (lakva) or myocardial infarction (heart attact) reach a multispeciality hospital with 3 hrs called hours.
Reason- beyond 3 hrs heart ll undergo irreversible damages which will be permanent and in case of cerebrovascular accident clot cannot be broken (thrombolysis) and the person might not be able to recover lifetime.
So remember 3 hours golden hours.