Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali MehtaYour feedback matters!
I dnt have vaginal orgasm. But clitoral orgasm is fine. A doctor consulted me to take damiaplant, 20 drops with water twice a day, but I read on internet, that the medicine is for males.
Dear sir am ajeet I m not fit and healthy any I had also eye problem. Recently I joined jim. What diet I want to take? please tell.
When the eye does not produce the required amount of tears, a condition called dry eyes may emanate. This condition may cause stinging, pain, itching, redness and a host of other symptoms that make normal vision a temporary problem. Also, one might experience difficulty in wearing contact lenses and may feel as if there is are particles trapped within the eyes. Night time driving and facing glares of light also becomes difficult in such cases. Cases where the symptoms have been going on for a prolonged period, must be referred to an ophthalmologist so as to get the correct treatment.
Let us find out the various types of treatment for this condition:
- Medication: A variety of drugs and medication can be used to bring down the inflammation which is the basic cause behind the lack of tears and oil secretion along the edge of the eye, which leads to poor lubrication of the eyes. Oral antibiotics can take care of any underlying infection that may have led to this condition while eye drops and ointments can be used to bring down the swelling.
- Corneal Inflammation: Many times, the cornea may face inflammation which can be fixed with the help of eye drops that work by releasing their immune suppressing element. These eye drops may contain cyclosporine or corticosteroids which can help in fixing this kind of swelling. One important thing to remember is that these corticosteroids are not good for long term use.
- Eye Inserts for Artificial Tears: A tiny eye insert can be used to create artificial tears in case your condition goes from mild to moderate and is not too severe. This eye insert resembles a miniscule grain or rice and usually dissolves gradually to release an eye drop like substance in the eye.
- Tear Stimulators: This kind of medication like Cholinergics, helps in tear production. These are available as pills, drops and ointments.
- Surgical Procedures: From closing your ducts for bringing down tear loss to using special contact lenses specially designed for people who are suffering from dry eyes and unblocking the oil glands, there are a number of surgical procedures that one can use for fixing this problem.
- Home Remedies: One can also make use of some home remedies in order to combat dry eyes. The use of a warm washcloth for a few minutes every day can stimulate the tear ducts and oil glands, while a mild soap for the eyelids can also remove the particles clogging the eyelids.
Speak with an ophthalmologist about the various options that one can use in order to fix this problem depending on the severity of your case.
If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.
Getting black appearance under my eyes these days. I work on laptop for about 3 hours during night times, is thr a problem? Tell me solution please.
My eye was squint. But there was vision in tat eye. I had operation but no vision improvements what shall l do now.
Sir my daughter 6 years old had been detected with -3 cylindrical power in one eye and the other eye is 0.she is wearing specs now sir what can be done to improve his eyesight and to remove her specs.
I am having far eye farsightedness with both the eyes having -3.5 from almost more than two years. Can you suggest me a way to get rid of get rid of specs I am wearing? Should I go for lasik or contacts? From either of them which is long lasting and safe for the person? Do I need to consult a ophthalmologist in person to consult this? Please suggest.
I have headaches and I feel sleepy and tired everyday. I dont know what is happening? I am not able to open my eyes it hurts and my eyes become heavy.
I am 23 years old suffering from migraine and my eyes are sensitive to light suggest me any medicine.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia.