Doctor in PSRI
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Surgery For Snoring
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Surgery For Snoring And Sleep Apnoea.
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Submit a review for PSRIYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I saw Dr. Meena Agrawal clinic's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred her. I am so happy with the results of my treatment of coldf and cough, that I will surely recommend Meena Agrawal to anyone gladly. Meena Agrawal doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem. Sadhu Medical Center in delhi can handle all types of emergency cases. she ensures that she gives enough time to each patient.
Dr Meena Agarwal is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. The lab in the Sadhu Vaswani Mission Medical Center which in Delhi was very clean and well managed. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to Dr Meena Agrawal perfect advice. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of ear pain. She is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases.
All of a sudden I started developing ear wax in large amount . I chose to consult Dr Meena Agarwal. She is the best ENT specialist in Delhi. She never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. The complete process of ear wax treatment was so painless and quick, and I am so relieved that I chose to consult her. It was so quite pleasant in the Sadhu Vaswani's Medical Center.
The hearing loss was increasing day by day. I am so thankful to Dr Meena Agrawal , she has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. She really handled it very nicely. During the treatment, my Meena Agrawal supported me a lot.Sadhu Vaswani Medical Center had all the amenities, a patient requires.
I was suffering from sneezing from quite long for which I chose to consult Dr Meena. She is ENT specialist and helped me resolve the issue. I am really grateful as her sneezing treatment has give me a ray of hope. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results. I found the Sadhu Medical Center itself quite pleasant.
Going into surgery can be scary for anyone and it was same for me when I underwent surgery last year but Dr Meena Agrawal was very reassuring and explained me the whole process and was very supportive. The surgery went well and I will always be grateful to her.
I started experiencing vertigo for which I chose to consult Dr Meena. She is a very practical doctor. I consulted a number of specialists but the way she treated me was the best. I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that Dr Meena is the reason.
The complete process of throat ache treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult Dr Roopesh. The guidance he gave me has helped me immensely with my situation. I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again.
I fee that Dr Meena Agrawar is very humble with their patients. They care all their patients as a family members.
Very Well equipped with thorough knowledge. She is very patient and handles patient with a smile
Dr. Meena Agrawal is a very knowledgeable and committed to her professional work .
Quite satisfactory treatment.very efficient,down to earth and a kind doctor..
VERY CARING & A FINE DOCTOR . SHE KNOWS HER JOB WELL.
G C Goyal
Highly skilled & a capable Doctor
Very efficient doctor
Hi I have 1 year old boy. He is having cough and cold plus nasal congestion during night time. He is not able to breathe in night time and wakeup in night .Doctor has given him mucolite drop and levocet syrup to him .2 days are over he is not able to sleep. Please help me in this.
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit
- Tympanometry, in which your specialist uses a tympanometer to test the pressure changes in your ear.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum. A surgical repair of a punctured eardrum is called tympanoplasty.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but extremely discomforting. Some common reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Before going to home remedies please consult Dr.and keep in regular observation. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. Placing a humidifier in room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine by converting the water to moisture fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore, when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly. this doesn't mean you neglect the problem. We have endoscopic treatment and surgery now which is simple and quick healing and resume work .
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in unblocking the blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: The compress(towel) that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing.
- Exercise: Doing aerobics definitely help by releasing adrenaline in body and opens nose. This is the best treatment of allergic rhinitis after avoiding allergens.
Do not use Otrivin like nose drops I inadvertently. This can even produce blocked nose if using for long time.
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Tonsillitis is a disorder of the tonsils present on the back of the throat.
It is mere * myth * that the tonsils acts as a defensive mechanism in the body as they prevent the body from infections. Tonsillitis can occur at any age. It is widely prevalent among school going kids as they get exposed to the different environment for the first time.
With age advances frequency of attacks reduces because the body gains immunity after each episode.
Tonsillitis may be classified into two types:
- Chronic tonsillitis: when frequency and duration of acute attacks increases. This type of tonsillitis tends to last for an extended duration with symptoms of throat pain fever occasionally ear ache off and on also known as acute on chronic illness.
- Acute tonsillitis: This is a form of acute infection which usually doesn't recur but may set once or so.
A virus or bacteria that causes common cold may result in tonsillitis. The most common cause of this disorder is the strep bacteria. School going children are especially vulnerable to this disorder because they are most prone to various infections.
The various symptoms of tonsillitis are
- Swallowing difficulties
- Sore throat
- Bad breath
- Fever and chills
- A headache, ear ache, and stomach ache
- May experience stiffness in the neck and the jaw
- Swollen tonsils with possible redness
- Change in voice when tonsil such enlarged - hot potato voice.
- Symptoms of cold
Treatment: The treatment for tonsillitis is usually antibiotics in acute cases and in some resistant chronic cases, operation tonsillectomy is indicated . Surgery is only done in cases where tonsillitis is chronic in nature and recurrence is more than 3 times per year or a child fails to thrive .
This operation is very simple now a days with new technologies.
Mera beta 13 saal ka hai uske headache always rehta hai Dr. Ka Kehna hai maybe sinusitis Ho, Kya hme CT scan krwa lena chahiye ya medicine Ye prblm door Ho jayegi please suggest me Thank you.
Sir I am 38 years old. I have vertigo bppv. Doctor told me to do some exercise regularly. It was detected on 2011. Again it came back in 2015 ,then 2016. After exercise and medicine taken it wnt away. For someday I feel dizziness frequently. Sometimes unbalanced while looking upward or downward, or suddenly gets up from bed. Is it related with vertigo or brain tumor. I have illness anxiety disorder problem. I have also gas problem.
Nose bleeding happens because of the presence of large amount of blood vessels in the nose.
Most common reasons for nose bleeding are nose picking, trauma, low levels of Vitamin K, Vitamin C, colds and allergies and nose lining getting dry along with so many other reasons.
Above 40 years of age bleeding nose is to be taken with suspicion.
But there are ways with the help of which it can be prevented and stopped.
Let’s first learn how it can be instantly stopped.
- Sit comfortably: When your nose starts bleeding, you should sit in a comfortable position. Do not stand or lie down because in these positions, blood may pass on to your throat which could be harmful. Tilt your face forward and let a piece of cloth soak in all the blood.
- Hold the nose: During nose bleeding, one should hold and pinch the nose for at least 10 minutes continuously. If it still doesn’t stop then hold it for 5-7 minutes more. Holding or pinching the nose stops bleeding by direct pressure on the nose.
- Apply ice: This can be a great way of instantly stopping nose bleeding. Ice usually shrinks and tightens the blood vessels because of which bleeding stops. Ice should preferably be applied on cheeks and root of nose.
- No anxiety: Bleeding is a safety valve, specially, in hypertensive patients. If nose doesn't bleed than brain would bleed. It's better nose to bleed than brain.
Nose bleeding can be prevented by taking the following measures:
- Elevate the head end while resting.
- Do not blow or scratch nose forcefully.
- Keep blood pressure in control.
- Avoid smoking because it delays the healing process.
- Make sure the room you sleep in isn’t dry. Keep a check on the humidity of the room, especially, in winter electric heaters dry up air. Keep a mug of water in room.
- Need to take special care in winters because the nose lining gets dry mostly. Apply Vaseline or oil or Ghee.
- Drink plenty of water and citrus food like oranges, lemon, sweet lime, Indian gooseberry to keep your nose moist and strengthen blood vessels.
- Do not overuse cold and allergy medicines.
Hi, I am a swimmer and i'm currently not swimming for a few months because it is summer holidays. I am on holiday now and i'm feeling pain on my right ear when I lie down or when I close my mouth after opening it. Is this ear infection? Because I used to have ear infection. What should I do?
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing loss. It can be present at birth or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss:
- Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
- Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion or fire cracker. Even too much use of ear phones and cell phones causes damage. Prevention - Use less of cell phones, disco, fire cracker, loud speaker.
- Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child.
- Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
- Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers. Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
- Diseases of ear - Specially pus discharge damages eardrum and hearing bones. Some time also damages the nerve of hearing. Do not neglect this issue. It can be easily operated and you are safe.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder.
- Aging effect can be prevented --- by taking nerve tonics, avoiding ototoxic drugs, and avoiding noise trauma. If hearing loss has set in best is to use hearing aid prescribed by authentic person.
- Be more aware -- You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and pubs.
- Take precautionary measures -- If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
- Monitor your use of gadgets --- Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
- During pregnancy -- NO to alcohol smoking and other ototoxic medicines. To prevent genetic transfer of hearing loss, one should avoid marriage in close relatives as is done in south India and mohmadden community.
- Visit the Dr. --- For proper management of hearing loss asap. hearing loss is treatable or can be taken care !! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!