Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. VelsocratesYour feedback matters!
Sir I m 34 yrs male. I had knee pain from last 6 months. Now feeling little better after taking vitamin D3 injection + homeopathic & ayurvedic medicine, but swelling and little sensation (including some sound while sitting) is still there. One thing more, is there any side effect of masturbating/sex along with back pain. Thank you sir.
My dad is suffering from sugar past from 10 years. Always having body pains like backbone pain, leg or foot pain. What diet did he do to able to get from this problem?
Sir, I am 34 years old, I have pain in my left knee from last one month, I am not knows what happen, I have medicine from a Doctor, Orthopedics for three days with knee cap but no relief so far. Can you suggest me the right treatment.
I'm 27 years old from the past one week I have complaints of pain in my back when I sit on the chair. I usedultiplr balm and sort but it gives me temporary relief. Pls help me with what needs to be done.
My mother at 65 years having joint pains since 5 years works in agric. Fields also using gel or spray on that parts need you r suggest how she will out of the pains?
My brother had old besan of 3-4 days a week back. Uske next day he had a bad stomach ache. Phir sit has been a week eating that besan bt uska week mai 4 baar stomach ache ho chuka hai. Sometimes the stomach ache that zada. Baki time its a light stomach ache. Tomorrow around 1-2: 30 he had a bad stomach ache. He goes to the gym and also take good nutritious food of paneer roti rice and everything bas bahar ka khana thodha kam kar diya hai bt he has not stopped eating bahar ka khana ek dum se. N a week before he had been eating corns for 3 days consecutively but he ate that a week back. Why is he having so much so stomach ache. Its not tht ki he hav the stomach ache regularly but for 3-4 days it was continuous n then kl usse raat ko stomach ache huA. Why is that happening with him?
I am 67 years aged male. I have ben walking for about 45 minutes daily. For the past couple of weeks, after a walk of say 100 meters I feel pain in the right hip joint area. After a few minutes of rest I can walk again but the pain relapses and persists.
I am suffering from back pain and also my hair is also losing these days and what are the symptoms of kidney stone and can it be mini mixed.
I start running 2 months ago. I run 3km. I also do exercise and stretching. After that also there is some pain in my lower calf. My friends told me that is due to either sole of shoes or due to because I run on road. please help me because it is intolerable. Also I never run before.
My back hands legs always when I sleep when I work I feel ok. I had one daughter born by operation. Get tiredfast seen on my face.
I am 26 years old. living in 4th floor may be due to this I am getting knee pain. Give me a solution.
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle.
I was not feeling well so I went to doctor, doctor gave me antibiotic tablets, but after taking the tablets I was feeling well ,but after some hours inside my body was full paining my hands an legs and my mouth would become dry, but I would eat normally ,only my body is paining little fever is inside it is going an coming as in Mumbai the climate is changing ,can you tell me what to do for it .thanks.
I am 25 year old male suffering from backpain I in from of office for long time plzz suggest me some exercises.
Vata resides in the colon and colon is therefore primarily responsible for all the vata disorders.
Vata imbalance in the skeletal system (asthi dhatu) causes osteoarthritis.
Vata imbalance with toxins (ama) causes rheumatoid arthritis.
Vata imbalance in blood (rakta dhatu) entering into bony tissue causes gout.
Massage with sesame oil to reduce the vata.
Digestion must be improved so that no further ama is produced. Fasting is very beneficial for digesting the ama. Duration of fasting depends upon the strength of the person, place and season.
Consume the foods which are easily digestible and do not make wind or gas.
Vegetable juices and juice of carrot, beetroot and cucumber mixed together is also beneficial.
Green salad, fruits like apples, oranges, grapes and papaya can be taken.
Use of cumin, coriander, ginger, asfoetida, garlic, fennel and turmeric is also helpful.
Avoid eating hot, spicy and fried foods, sweets, wind forming foods like cabbage, cauliflower, spinach and potatoes should be prohibited.
Avoid taking too much tea, coffee, alcohol, white sugar, yogurt, chocolate and cocoa, excessive smoking.
Sleeping during day time, staying up late in the night and mental tensions like worry, anxiety, fear, stress and grief etc, should be given up.