Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Thara RYour feedback matters!
- The Logical-Math Intelligence
- The Verbal-Linguistic Intelligence
- The Interpersonal Intelligence
- The Intrapersonal Intelligence
- The Body-Kinaesthetic Intelligence
- The Naturalistic Intelligence
- The Visual- Spatial Intelligence
- The Musical Intelligence
The multiple intelligences gives you a clear picture of the profession you should take up to keep you happy and successful.
Sir, I recently had been frustrated on some issue and got highly angered and checked that i had HIGH BP Of 150 /90, can it be due to anger or frustration I had the same medicene and was normal within 6 Hours , Shall i keep medicene as SOS, Still feeling tired although BP under control 125/85 Our previous conversation is as below: I am 37 year male and had recently discovered a blood pressure of 150/90 and was prescribed with VRITAL AM BD I had continously had it sttarted exersicing and skipped medicene since yesterday evening . Read more Check your bp on 3 consecutive days and if its less than 140/90 then you don't need the medicines.
When ever I see a good looking girl, well maintained nice figure I feel like saying her I like her and want to kiss. But I have never said anyone till now so I hv no gf till now Age 32 years Weight 95 kg.Please tell.
I am having so much of angry and un control my self ,my head is heating that time, I having 2 years baby.
My brother is 40 years old and does not work for living. He is suffering from less confidence and hence avoid any kind of work. If pressurized, it leads to very unpleasant situations at home. Kindly suggest how he can recover from his current mental frame.
I like to sleep. But from last a couple of days I can't sleep properly. Some random thoughts come to my mind. I am not taking stress about studying. Feeling very irritated. What should I do?
I feel some pain on my chest middle portion and slight left side. When I stretch my chest then realize the pain mainly. I smoke daily only 2/3 ciggarates. And also bad habit of sleeping oppositely (chest is on the down side). What I do sir?
I am a patient of depression I want to know is there any ayurvedic medicine available for depression as I am taking ventab 75 mg once daily I do not want to take this medicine.
Does lack of oxygen at the time of early childhood result in fit in the long run? Is it curable in adulthood? My doctor says it is different from epilepsy. The patient is around 42. Please guide.
What is the difference between Hypnotherapy and Past Life Regression. Which one is better for repression of emotional issues.
Hi doctor im 28 years old male I do have sleep disorder from the past 6 years and I have not take serious action but now I feel anxiety over stress and can not able to sleep and my brain can not shut while sleep it goes on thinking unwanted thinking please help me to fix this problems.
I now feel that I can not maintain the erection as I used to and some time it happen to prematurely I used to drink a lot but stopped now but I smoke please suggest any remedy.
I had been on medicine for few months now for auto immune problem. Hence was prescribed HCQs300 for this. My doctor has told me that these medicines might make skin little dark as a side effect to this medicine and this has happened to my skin esp my face. Suddenly I see my lips also little dark. I don't smoke at all. Is there a way to get my original color back esp of my lips.
My elder sister (30) has a personality disorder, mental depression since 8 years, she is on medicine since 2 years, but not enough improvement noted. She don't want to talk to any family member, she has no desire to marry. She don't want to marry without any reason, she always feel depressed. We went to a psychiatrist and he prescribed antidepressants as fluvoxin, clonazepam, olanzapine etc and is being given since 2 yrs, but not enough cure noted. She lives like saint, she has no interest in society, no sexual need, no care of family, major depressed. Sir/Mam pls do suggest what to do? We are in much problem, is the medications are wrong? Pls Reply.
I am 42. Recently I resigned from my job due to much mental pressure by boss. I am home but I can't relax. Sometimes I feel sleeplessness n sometimes I sleep for hours. I can't focus, don't like anything, very anxious pulses at extremes. N severe neck pain. I really don't know what to do?
There are few things I hear over and over again from students:
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, afterall the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study. And, the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve. There are two ways to improve your concentration:
- First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
- Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
A. Ideas for daily concentration boosting habits include
- Mindfulness meditation: Many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep: I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain: The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumosity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier: Your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead, you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise: It is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4 to 5 hours of study very efficient.
B. Optimize your mental state & environment
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
- Create a study space: Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
- Remove distractions: Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
- Reduce background noises: If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
- Use timer: Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
- Stay motivated: If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying. That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
- Take breaks: Take a break every two hours. Your mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten-minutes break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How an expert can help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; you can always consult the expert. Once he/she knows what your current study methods are, they will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate those tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.