Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunitha Singhvi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunitha SinghviYour feedback matters!
Sirs I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend. I haven't ejaculated any sperms but she was feared of getting pregnant. We had sex on Jan 4 its been three months. She has periods these three months. Is there any chance for pregnancy?
Hi sir/mam. I am 23 years old. I am unmarried. Muze apse ye puchna tha ki mere bf ke sath week me 4-5 bar sex karti hu. Meri shadi ho jane ke baad muze koi sex prbm to nahi hogi na?
I am doing sex with my partner from 4 days of his period till 16 days of his period is there any possible to become pregnant.
M 33 weeks pregnant n my doc told me that baby head is not fixed in pelvic bone yet and is up free floating but in head down position. Also umbilical cord is wrapped around baby neck twice. Is there any risk to baby. Also I want to ask what are the chances of normal delivery as it is my first baby.
I am 49 and experiencing irregular periods for a couple of months. Consequently, suffering from extremely bad joint pains, especially in the morning. Worst affected areas are finger joints, shoulders, knees (at times) and one ankle. Taking vitamin D which relieves the pain to some extent but feeling very uncomfortable and gaining weight. Please help.
I am having hormonal imbalance I think as I am getting pimples, headache, irritations. May be due to post delivery. My baby is now 1 n half years old. Suggest me something which I should go for.
I'm 27 years currently in 6th week of pregnancy. My 5th week scan showed my baby is situated in the corneal inside uterus. No much information about it in internet .how to overcome this. Will the implanted embryo moves to mid position. Till how many weeks we can abort with injection shot?
Diet is an important part of any person's life as food that goes in your body is what replenishes the resources lost in a day's work. The wrong kind of food will have adverse effects on the body in all sorts of ways, and that holds especially true for nursing mothers.
A mother, after carrying a baby to a full term, has to go through many hormonal and physical changes, which can be very stressful. After childbirth comes one of the other most important phases i.e. nursing and it is important to ensure that the mother gets proper nutrition during this phase. This is because it is the mother's milk that provides the baby with the required nutrients for growth as well as to build and immune system, which is why it is very important for a nursing mother to have a proper diet.
Let's look at some of the food items that should be consumed during this time:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables - These are important during the nursing period for the mother as she needs to supplement important minerals in her body such as calcium and iron. Green, leafy vegetables are a must.
- Dairy products low in fat - As the mother's body produces milk, certain minerals get drained quicker than others and a direct supplement for them would be dairy products. However, it is important to ensure that their fat content is low as this can add cholesterol and thus, may adversely affect the health of the mother.
- Lean meats - Lean meats are a great source of protein that can supplement many of the minerals and nutrients. However, rich meat-based foods and heavy red meat should be avoided. Chicken in roasted form or tikka form is also healthy proteins that can be consumed 2 - 3 times a week. Fish, especially Salmon fish, is also a healthy and rich source of omega-3 as well as high in protein.
- Legumes - Legumes are a great source of iron, which is an extremely important mineral for a nursing mother. This is also an alternative for vegetarians. Legumes are not only a rich source of iron, they are also high in protein and helps the mother to stay fit and energetic to be able to take on the additional responsibility of her new-born baby. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hi Doctor, I am 25 years old female. I am trying to conceive for last 2 years. I have PCOD problem. 10 months back I was pregnant with the help of hcg injection. But unfortunately it was got miscarried after 5 weeks. My doctor suggested me to take Duphaston 10 mg tablet for day 16-day 25. My 2 cycles are over after taking this treatment (Feb 2017 & March 2017). But no luck yet. This is my 3rd cycle. I do not have another health issue. Is there any possibility to get conceive this month? Why it was not happening with last 2 months?
Im 19 years old girl unmarried ,my periods are delayed for two months and I just got the sonography done of my pelvis and abdomen ,so the reports say my left and right ovary are 8 cc with pcos detected ,no obvious uterine gestational sac is seen and uterus is normal in size, what am I supposed to do now why have not I got my periods and am I pregnant.
Hi I got married 10 months back and I was 5 months pregnant but I got abortion few days back. It was normal delivery accompanied with pains. The doctors said it is due to cervix incompetence and the baby born had gastroschisis. When can I conceive again and does cervix incompetence repeats for next pregnancy?
Gynaecological problems are all the disorders associated with the female reproductive system. These generally manifest themselves in the reproductive organs situated in the abdominal, pelvic and breast areas of the body. A woman age plays an important role in these cases since the problems are generally associated with hormone changes that take place with ageing.
Such disorders are common and in most cases, arise due to an infection or hormone level fluctuation that usually eases in a few days. Many gynaecological problems are potentially life-threatening and may severely damage fertility, and the chances of procreation. Recognition and early treatment of these problems are thus of utmost importance.
Following are the most common symptoms of gynaecological disorders:
- Vaginal bleeding between periods and during/after sexual intercourse
- Frequent and urgent need to urinate or a burning sensation during urination
- Excessive growth of body hair
- Sores, lumps or boils in the genital or breast area
- Severe pelvic pain that differs from menstrual cramps
- Pain or discomfort during intercourse
- Menstrual periods lasting for more than 7 days
- Itching, burning, swelling, redness or soreness in the vaginal area
- Vaginal discharge with an unpleasant or unusual odour, or of an unusual colour
- While vaginal bleeding and discharge are essential parts of the menstrual cycle, if these happen in excess or at unusual times, it becomes symptomatic of a gynaecological disorder.
The signs of gynaecological problems often resemble that of urological ailments and other medical syndromes. Recognising these symptoms and consulting a gynaecologist immediately ensures quick alleviation of the problem.
Ignoring them will lead to several maladies such as:
Vulvodynia - This is the term for disorders of the vulva, whose symptoms include pain, itching, swelling and soreness of the vulva.
Vaginitis - This includes all infections of the vagina, such as herpes, yeast infections, Chlamydia, etc. Problems of the vulva also fall into this category.
Organ failure - Pelvic pain is a symptom of dysfunction in one of the organs in the pelvic area - uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, lower intestines, or rectum.
Cancer - In some cases, gynaecological problems refer to various cysts and tumours in the reproductive system, which could develop into cancer.
I am 37 year old woman I have 2 year old boy. We are planning for second child, please advise me it is good for me as my age is 37. We are trying from last 6 months. Please advise me. My last period date was 30 jan. Before that last date was 26 dec.
I had sex with my husband 6th day of my period. I want to know when I got pregnant or which day I got pregnant. Help me.
Dos -assure the patient
Clean bite site with antiseptic
Immobilize the affected part
Don't - dressings
Incision and suction
Baba and tantric therapy.