Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. ShivajiYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 24 years old past two years I use to to do gym six pack all these things. Without any proper diet, now i am suffering from gastric problem taking treatment from two years almost 10k used for my medics tests etc. Doctors said u have hiatus hernia gave some tab all those stuff, I wanted to die with this problem my parents cant afford for my operation, this is the age everyone is doing job & earnig money, and I just comp my graduate unable to do study and concentrate I am loosing my confidence, more than two hours cant sit and also gas problem from mouth and also from down part, when i am having lunch are breakfast vomit sensation is coming, please give suggestion what kind of medicines what kind of food and diet should be taken I will follow strictly please some one help me, already I have attempted to die bu I have to tc of my parents
Hello, I would like to make stable mind which are always distracting by pornography? Can you tell me suggestion? I am doing Surya namaskar daily.
Bipolar disorder is a serious mental health condition in which episodes of mania - an abnormally elevated mood often accompanied by feelings of euphoria - are interspersed with bouts of depression.
People with bipolar disorder generally need to be treated with mood stabilizers and other medications. But maintaining a healthy lifestyle is also important. Eating right, sticking to a regular sleep schedule, and other healthy habits can help people with bipolar disorder manage their condition
- Take your meds - Take your medication every day as prescribed by your doctor. In all, 1 in 3 people will remain completely free of symptoms of bipolar disorder by taking mood-stabilizing medicine, such as carbamazepine or lithium, for life.
- Exercise daily - Moderate physical activity for 30 minutes a day can help control mood swings.
- Eat a balanced diet - Make sure you are getting all the nutrients you need. Eating meals at regular times will help establish a stress-reducing daily routine.
- Avoid traveling into other time zones - If you are planning to travel extensively, you may want to call your doctor before you leave. Traveling into other time zones can disrupt your medication schedule and trigger a manic episode.
- Get the same number of hours of sleep every night - Changes in your sleep patterns can sometimes trigger a manic or depressive episode. Try your best to keep the same bedtime and rise time, varying them by no more than an hour.
- Avoid alcohol and illegal drugs - Even one drink can disrupt your sleep, change your mood, or interfere with your medicines, which can make symptom
- Reduce stress at work and at home - Try to keep regular hours at work so stress won't trigger a manic or depressive episode. If stress at work or at home is a problem, counseling may help.
- Limit caffeine and nicotine during manic episodes - Caffeine and nicotine can both act as stimulants, which can make symptoms worse. Plus, too much caffeine can change your sleeping habits.
- Seek treatment immediately
Getting treatment immediately will help you to proactively manage symptoms of a depressive or manic episode and avoid disruptions to your life. Often you don't notice early signs or symptoms, so take the time to educate whoever is closest to you what signs and symptoms to look for. They can alert you when they see a change that suggests the beginning of a mood episode. Show them you welcome such feedback, and be sure to take it seriously if you get it
I am facing problem of anxiety . I get angry nd feel like I should kill everyone and whole world is my enemy. I start throwing things nd this lasts for 10 mins and thn slowly I become normal.
When my friends abuse me I am not able to reply them. They also make fake arrogance and criticise me for very small things. They take unwanted advantage of me. They never heed my words. Sometimes I feel very much worried about it. So much that I am not even able to sleep at night or during day time. This makes the situation worse as I am not able to focus on my studies and have headache all the time. Suggest me how to face bullying, criticism and fake arrogance and get nice night sleep and very minimize stress level so that I can sleep at least with peace .
Can true love happen more than once?
The world revolves around love. Our movies, books, stories, ambitions, desires, anything and everything, is guided by the magical power of love. Shahrukh khan famously said in his movie kuch kuch hota hai, that 'love can only happen once'. Is that true or, can true love happen more than once?
The question occurs more often than not when someone is going through a breakup, or when people wait and stay single, guided by the belief that there is only one perfect person for everyone, who would give them a happily ever after.
Let's see what truth really is.
There is no set algorithm or formula to say how many partners one can actually sustain in a lifetime. That depends on the idea of love individually for different people. Some people after a failed relationship give up the fight, and give up on the idea of love too, thinking that they had gotten once chance, and they blew it. While on the other hand, some people move on from one relationship to another, investing equally in every relationship, and never losing hope on finding their happiness.
The notion of just one love per lifetime may have been imbibed in us by the society that promotes monogamy. Insisting that it is morally correct for a couple to always stand by each other, no matter how incompatible they may be.
But the more pressing reason for the above notion is fear. The fear of falling in love again, and losing at it again, stops many people from even considering that as an option. There is a comfort in thinking that you tried your hand at love, but failed, and thus, never trying again will never let you suffer from the inexplicable pain that the failed love left you with.
However, we as humans, having the ability to connect with our family and friends, are designed to love more than one person in our lives. So it is clear that we are capable of falling in love again. As they say, there are plenty of fish in the sea, and truly so.
There are many people out there who you will be able to connect with, feel immensely happy around, and feel at home with. The thought that there is only one perfect person for everyone is not just restrictive, but also unhealthy. If you feel too damaged to love again or too scared to love even for the first time, try to look at the feeling logically than emotionally. Try to assess your compatibility with the person; see if your interests match, see what differentiates you both that'll help you both grow; see if you are able to picture a future with them, and so on.
Sometimes our past baggage or our fears clog our judgment. We all deserve second chances in life, and hence, we deserve a second, or even a third or fourth chance at love. So, do not stop at one failed relationship. Go out and seek love again in a person who is able to provide you with a more fulfilling and emotionally satisfying relationship.
I want to quite tobacco please tell me any medication my bh low in more summer or more cold. I use sometime time smoking or sometimes tobacco after use bh ok 80-120 but I want quit bad habits. I used 7-8 years tobacco or smoking. I have many time trying quit but not success. Please help me.
I dont feel like going my office due to office politics. These days when i start thinking something, one more thought starts simultaneously, then one more then one more. That way many things starts at a time. It is very strange feeling. Please advice
I am in a very strange situation. I am getting lot of love from my bf but we have trust issues. My bf doubts that I am in relation with my friend and calls me my ex. He keeps blaming me about him. He says that my friend comes online only when I am not talking to my bf. I got vexed up with this an d broke all contacts with my friend for my bf. I never tried to contact my friend again. I thought that issues gets settled after this. But my bf still blames that I am in contact with my friend. whenever we are not in contact, he always doubts that I am with my friend. I tried to make him clear on this many times but he is not believing me. I thought to check my friends online status and saved his number on my mobile just to check his online status. One day his number is not getting deleted, So I had to uninstall whats app before my bf came to my place. When I asked my friend to send whats app app to me, my bf heard that and starts doubting me more. I thought that it is nt possible for my friend to come online every time when I am not talking to my bf. But that app is just killing me. whenever my bf is not talking with me. He is getting notification that my friend is online and according to my bf. I message my bf only when my friend goes offline. Things have gone worsened day by day. So I contacted my friend and told him about my problem. My friend asked me to leave my bf as he does not trust me. But I did not agree to that. Later I deleted my call loggs in my fon regarding my conversation with my friend, thinking that my bf will doubt more. But My bf is too intelligent that he checked true caller and identified that I talked to my friend. At that time my friend gave another number of his classmate so that I can call him if his network was not good. My bf noted that number also. Also, my friend has a gf whose number I gave to my bf. But he says that my friend and his gf never came online together. Later my bf started saying that number is also my friend's and that he is maintaining two numbers for me. Recently his classmate created whats app and my bf started abusing me that this number is also my friend's and he is maintaining 3 numbers for me. whenever one person in those three numbers comes online when I am not in contact with my bf. He starts abusing me very badly calling me a prostitute and a bitch. When I am not working, I used to spend onm skype whole day with my bf so that he does not doubt me. Even then when I used to go for wash room or drinking water, my bf used to doubt me. Now I have started working and now it is impossible to talk to him on skype all day. He thinks that I am having another phone which I uses only to contact my friend which is not true. Because of this in stopped going out and stay on skype whole day until I sleep. Now he started abusing that my friend comes online only after I get up and talks to me. When I am talking to him on for also, my bf thinks that i am chatting with my friend. Now a days he is blaming that I am chatting with my friend even when I am chatting with my bf. Continued in next question.
Hlo. How To develop height after 18 Year? How I control my mind With negative thought? How I make muscles and muscular body?
I am 27years old female. After this earthquake, I always feel like either building is shaking or balance of body is not in center. Please help.
I am very thin right now and prolong time of anxiety in my recent past is the main reason of my thinness I think so. Now my anxiety is gone and I want to gain muscle now. Please suggest me any way. So that I become healthy.
Hi, i am 37 years old. My problem is that i can't remember the things my memory is getting very weak day by day and also i am losing my power to discuss or argue, when i ever i have i entered in any discussion or any argument my brain stops working it goes blank i can't recall any thing. Please help
My husband's liver is 17.5 cm, he has been diagnosed with an enlarged liver, he has been drinking for 30 years.
I am 21 year old woman I have fear for everything and to explore in outside world is that gene transplant may improve our memory power, mental knowledge, talent or skill and attitude and reduce fear. please help me as soon as possible I need an answer because it makes me frustrated. I have fear to talk and thinking of what to talk if increase of attention of people towards makes me fear and fear about dogs, heights and i am not able to manage by self that is more important I want to talk boldly and confidently and my memory capacity and knowledge level is very low have to improve with that. Is gene transplant of knowledgeable person and orator or well managing personality skilled people gene help me? Really i am in need of that otherwise its just making me to feel discomfort a lot.
Procrastination is a way of sabotaging oneself by putting off activities and delaying success. This is an emotional and mental obstacle that many people face in varying degrees. So here is everything you need to know about procrastination.
- It becomes a lifestyle: As per medical research, about 20% of the people who procrastinate, have been doing it on a chronic basis and can now safely say that this is a lifestyle and not just a habit that one has fallen prey to.
- It is cultivated: Contrary to popular belief, procrastination is not something that anyone is born with. It is cultivated with constant inaction over a period of years, which also includes the act of making excuses to put off a task.
- Excessive alcohol consumption: In many cases, procrastinators will end up enjoying higher consumption of alcohol than their contemporaries. This may be done to alleviate boredom before the excessive consumption becomes a habit, which further dulls the senses.
- Hiding from the truth: It has been seen that procrastinators often lie to themselves or hide the truth about their problem by making mindless excuses, which do not actually exist. They are chronic liars who come to believe their lies, which can give rise to even more severe behavioural issues.
- Distractions: Most people who procrastinate will look for distractions that will keep them from doing their work properly. This may include watching television or eating, or even doing mindless chores that are not important.
- Focus: Many of these procrastinators have problems when it comes to focusing and finding solutions for various tasks. They cannot prioritise and put their mind to a certain task, which also prevents them from understanding the requirements for completing that task.
- Avoiders: These types of procrastinators usually avoid doing the tasks that will lead them to success. They do not make the effort to carry out the necessary tasks in a proper manner.
- Decisional procrastinators: These kind of procrastinators simply cannot find the motivation to take a decision that will change the direction of their lives by putting one step in front of the other on a daily basis.
- Cost of procrastination: There is a huge cost that is borne by these kinds of people in the long run. While missing deadlines, losing jobs and not graduating from college are just some of the consequences, many of them also come down with a plethora of health conditions including gastrointestinal diseases.
- Therapy for procrastination: The best way to transform a procrastinator is with the help of cognitive behavioural therapy, which can help in reprogramming the brain with fruitful, guided discussions and internal dialogues. This kind of therapy works well in the long run.