Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SeethalakshmiYour feedback matters!
My family is forcing me to get marriage with my first cousin. But i'm not interested. Because I heard something about possibilities of genetic problems that can happen for children.
The immune system is extremely important in an individual's system. A strong immune system helps to combat the invasion of foreign particles and consequently resists the diseases. Vaccination in such a context becomes imperative as it strengthens an individual's immunity. In vaccination, antigens or germs are given in very small doses. They stimulate the immune system to produce antibodies to fight against that particular infection. Vaccinations are provided to both children and adults to protect them from a number of diseases. However, different vaccinations are provided in different ages according to the susceptibility to diseases.
Some of the vaccinations that are provided to newborns are:
1. Hepatitis B vaccine: This vaccination is given in order to prevent the child from having Hepatitis B. Hepatitis B is a liver disease that if persists can lead to liver failure or even liver cancer. This vaccine must be injected immediately after the birth of the baby. The first dose must be followed by administering a second dose within a span of a month or two.
2. Rotavirus Vaccine (RV): This vaccine, taken orally, prevents the infant from Rotavirus. This virus causes vomiting and diarrhea in children that often leads to severe dehydration. This vaccine is administered within two to four months of the baby's birth. Sometimes, on doctor's prescription a second dose may be necessary in the sixth month.
3. Acellular Pertussis Vaccine and Diphtheria and Tetanus Toxoids: This is a combination of various vaccines that protects the child from tetanus and diphtheria. Newborns are extremely prone to diphtheria that causes fatal illness and sometimes even deaths in children. This vaccination thereby, is extremely important and must be administered within two or four months and must be followed up with secondary doses later under the doctor's supervision. Vaccinations do not end with childhood. In many cases adults too need to be vaccinated against certain diseases. Some of them are:
- Hepatitis A Vaccine: You can get this vaccination if there is any risk of you suffering from Hepatitis A. Much like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A too is an acute liver disease. This is extremely fatal and is seldom accompanied by any symptoms.
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccine: This is a sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical dysplasia in women and men. The apt age for both men and women for this vaccination differs. Women who are twenty six years of age or younger and men below or at the age of twenty one are most suitable for this vaccination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife checked home pregnancy test 1 day before due period. It shows negative. How much accurate it is.
Hi I am a 21 years old female. I did not have a proper periods. I have 6 to 8 months correct time the periods is came after one or two months it does not come after I take a hormone tablets then it will come
6 Tricks to activate metabolism in the morning
Boosting your body's metabolism is largely related to burning calories and reducing weight. Try these effective methods esp. if you are overweight, if you are already lean, never over-do anything, be it exercise, eating or drinking.
6 ways that can help you improve your metabolism.
- Workout: Working out can be the easiest and best way of boosting your metabolism. Do walking, running and cycling. Sweating will tell you how much you have worked out and if you continue it for few months, the results will be favorable.
- Eat fresh fruits and salads: Don't starve yourself by not eating food properly. Avoid fatty and fried food but have as much fresh fruits and salad as you can. This will not make you put on weight. Keep taking fruits and salads at short intervals because these have an ability to get digested early as compared to fatty food.
- Take plenty of water: For increasing your metabolism, kick start your day with at least 3-4 glasses of water. It will help all your other efforts of reducing weight in sync. It will keep your body hydrated.
- Drink lemon in warm water and green tea: Waking up early can actually boost your metabolism; you can see the results after following this habit. Along with this, metabolism will get a boost if you get up half or one hour early. Leave the habit of taking normal tea, instead start taking green tea, it will not only be healthy but since it's an antioxidant, it will take care of your immune system as well.
- Lift weights: Lifting weights can give you instant results. Within a month of lifting weight you will experience boost in your metabolism. But this must be done under trainer's guidance.
- Eat boiled eggs and never skip breakfast: Having boiled eggs in the morning will fulfill your protein intake. Also, it will keep your stomach full for a longer time. On a way to boosting your metabolism, it's recommended not to skip breakfast at any cost.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'
I am 29, year old and is pregnant by 6, weeks 3, days. My USG has shown foetal pole and a size of 1.6,cm according to my USG done on 19.12.2016. But there was no heart beat found yet. Also I am bleeding lightly not as heavy as menstruation but significantly light. Need help.
I am 25years old female. I haven't got my periods for quite sometimes. But my periods are irregular. From past one week I am getting blood spots in my vagina. I also did a pregnancy test twice. It came negative. Please give me an advice on what should I do next?
I have inserted leberta copper iud in june 25. We started doing intercourse in july 25 without any condom. Semen enter my vagina directly. If we do intercourse 4-5 times in month or after my period without any condom is there possibility to get pregnant.
Hello doctor. I am getting irregular mensuration cycle that to with heavy bleeding. I need to control my bleeding.
Peanuts are rich in monounsaturated fats, the sort of fat that is added to a healthy-heart diet. However, just as peanuts have loads of benefits, they come with certain disadvantages too. The advantages of peanuts are as follows:
- Peanuts are a source of antioxidants: Not only do peanuts contain oleic acid, but also the energizing fat found in olive oil and is a rich form of cell regeneration. The regeneration material is very helpful in avoiding many types of cancers. For example, as preventive agents, simmered peanuts do equal amount of recovery and regeneration as blackberries and strawberries. These are far more efficient than apples, carrots or beets.
- Peanuts are key to heart-health benefits: Just as peanuts are good cancer preventing agents, dangers of death from cardiovascular and coronary heart diseases can also be avoided with their help.
- Peanuts reduce risk of stroke based on preliminary animal studies: Resveratrol is a substance, which was initially found in red grapes and red wine. However, now it is also available in peanuts. This phytonutrient has been said to enhance the blood flow in the brain by as much as 30 percent. It enormously diminishes the danger of a stroke or a heart attack.
As mentioned earlier, just as peanuts have certain good qualities, they can be somewhat bad for the health as well. Following are some of the reasons:
- Peanuts can be an allergen: Peanuts are also considered as a standout amongst the most widely recognized food sensitivities for people. A lot of people have nut hypersensitivities so serious that even their breathing is disturbed with a little amount of a shelled nut. Their tongue starts getting numb and their skin starts swelling. Some people have an extremely increased allergy to peanuts and for them, it can even be fatal, if not treated immediately.
- Peanuts contain lectins: Peanuts, alongside different vegetables like soy, contain hostile substances called lectins. Lectins are sticky proteins found in numerous food items including vegetables. They serve as a bug. The stickiness and structure of lectins, however, makes them very difficult to process and digest.
- Peanuts contain inflammatory elements: The abnormal state of Omega-6 unsaturated fats that peanuts contain is quite dangerous. It is true that your body needs, both Omega-3 and Omega-6 unsaturated fats for a good health. The issue, in any case, is that the standard western eating routine is, to a great degree, high in Omega-6 unsaturated fats and low in Omega-3s. At the point when Omega-3 unsaturated fats are out of proportion with the Omega-6 fats (as frequently emerges in a standard Western eating routine) irritation, coronary illness, and other medical problems emerge. Therefore, a balanced diet is very important.