Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saroja RamanathanYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old. I have slipped disc. Shoud I conceive or not. My last delivery was in 2011. After 2 years of my last delivery I got slipped disc. Please tell me shoud I further conceive or not?
Periods are missing for five years took some medicines but reliefs remains only when I take medicines.
Hello, I am 24 years old, my weight is 68 kgs and height is 5'2 I am suffering from pcod because of which I have not received my periods from 6 months. Please help me with this.
Toxins often get accumulated in the blood every single day from the daily dose of junk foods, stress, and pollution. The human lungs play a pivotal role in the purification of blood as the pure oxygenated blood is carried from the heart to each corner of the body. Therefore, it is very important to eat the foods which can help in detoxification of the blood. Here are some of the natural foods which you should try to consume on a regular basis.
- Avocado: If you are looking for food that would purify your blood and keep you healthy, then you should eat avocado daily. It helps in the removal of toxins that destroy the human artery. Plus, avocados are overloaded with loads of Vitamin E which shields the skin from the damage brought about by the harmful effects of oxidative stress and free radicals. Avocados are also a considerable source of Omega 3-fatty acids.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is one of the highest acclaimed foods when it comes to detoxification of blood and removal of harmful toxins from the blood. This green vegetable is also enriched with calcium, Omega 3-fatty acids, Vitamin C and K, phosphorus, magnesium and dietary fiber. If you consume broccoli on a regular basis, it would not only purify your blood but also reduces the risk of cancer, stroke, cardiac arrest, and allergy reaction.
- Cabbage: Cabbage is an amazing source of Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, dietary fiber, folate, manganese, magnesium, iron, and phosphorus. Thus, cabbage helps in purifying the blood and protecting the bones. If you are looking for a natural food which can reduce the heart diseases by keeping blood pressure under control, then you should have cabbage on a regular basis.
- Green tea: When it comes to purification of blood, nothing could be as effective as green tea. It can also protect the skin from sun damage by neutralizing the free radicals and lowering the skin inflammation by blocking the ultra-violet rays of the sun. The anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of green tea reduce the signs of aging.
- Apple: Apple is the best food for cleansing the blood and consuming it daily helps in the improvement of the quality of life. It is a considerable source of all the vitamins and mineral along with high levels of pectin which is a dietary fiber known for removal of heavy metals from the body. The presence of anti-oxidants helps in the purification of blood and destruction of free radicals.
You should include these natural foods in your daily diet to boost the purification of blood, fight diseases and lead a healthy life.
How to keep the kidneys healthy?
1. Prevent or control hypertension, hypercholesterolemia and diabetes.
2. Exercise regularly; at least 30 min per day.
3. Take adequate natural vitamins and minerals in the form of fresh fruits and vegetables (except moderation in leafy vegetables, beans and tomato)
4. Reduce salt intake (<4 g /day).
5. Reduce animal protein (chicken, mutton, fish, milk etc) intake.
How to keep your urine healthy?
1. Drink 3 to 4 litre of fluids/day to keep urine output > 2 to 2.5 litre/day.
Make sure that your urine is not yellowish.
2. Increase good minerals like citrate, potassium and magnesium in urine. All these are abundant in fruits, especially citrus fruits like lemon and orange.
3. Decrease bad minerals like calcium, oxalate, uric acid and sodium in urine.
4. Do not reduce calcium intake too much.
Calcium is required for bones, teeth, muscles etc. Moreover, too much reduction in calcium increases oxalate in urine leading to stones. 2 small glasses of milk per day is acceptable.
5. Non-vegetarian diet increases uric acid production. Reduce them.
6. Tea, coffee, tomato, greens, chocolate and beans are rich in oxalate. Moderation is required.
With all these dietary modifications your kidneys may still be excreting large amounts of bad minerals and less of good minerals due to genetic predisposition. These can be checked in 24 hour urine tests. If so, you may need some special medications to prevent stones. Your endourologist will help you customize your dietary pattern and medications to dissolve and prevent further stones.
Healthy life, healthy kidneys, no more stones!
A #joint is where two or more bones come together, like the #knee, #hip, #elbow, or #shoulder. Joints can be damaged by many types of injuries or #diseases, including
1. #Arthritis - inflammation of a joint. It causes pain, stiffness, and swelling. Over time, the joint can become severely damaged.
2. #Bursitis - inflammation of a fluid-filled sac that cushions the joint.
3. #Dislocations - injuries that force the ends of the #bones out of position
Treatment of #JointProblems depends on the cause. If you have a #SportsInjury, treatment often begins with the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation) method to relieve pain, reduce swelling, and speed healing. Other possible treatments include pain relievers, keeping the injured area from moving, rehabilitation, and sometimes surgery. For arthritis, injuries, or other diseases, you may need joint replacement surgery to remove the damaged joint and put in a new one.
I am 36 yrs woman, my mensuration period has started on time but after 11 days still not stopped properly please advice.
I had a c section before 12 days my bleeding was stopped on 7today n on 12today it started bleeding more is it normal.
On 11th March (3 days after the completion of my menstruation cycle) I had unprotected intercourse with my partner and I consumed an i-pill within 3 hours of intercourse. On 19th of March I experienced brown clotting which was initially red and it lasted for a day. My scheduled date for menstruation for April was 5th of April but it has not yet started. Am I pregnant? What are the ways to get rid of it?
I had sex with my gf yesterday without any precaution and she don't want to take any pill what should we do?
HI DR . I have irreguler periods sometimes and i want to know on 18 jan 2015 i was having my first day of period it continue till 22 jan 2015 . And on 29 jan we have intercourse without protection but on 30 jan 2015 and i took (i-pill) .And again on 3 feb 2015 we have intercourse with protection and during intercourse condom not broke and not slip off .Are there chances of getting pregnancy .And my period due is on 18 feb. But on 12 feb i got my periods very normal .Do i need to get pregnancy test or any tvs means TRANSVAGINAL ULTRASOUND after my period is it necessary to do it this tests plz help me for this
After sex with her husband she takes contraceptive pill after 12 hours and after she has her periods 3 times last month and suddenly stop her period is she is pregnant.
My wife is 32 weeks pregnant. After 3rd sonography. Report reveals that. Both Kidneys reveal mild pyleactasis and bladder report normal. What we should do now. Is there any kind of worry?
Ajwain for cold
For chronic and recurrent cold, it is recommended to take fried seeds of ajwain in the dose of 2 grams for 15-20 days. Inhaling of its grind seed is also beneficial in case of headache, migraine and cold &cough. Chewing ajwain seeds with lukewarm water is also a good cure for cough.
Ajwain for asthma
Inhalation of the smoke of ajwain acts as bronchodialator and makes the breathing pattern easier. The person suffering from asthma may take the paste of ajwain + jaggery, 1 tsp, twice a day. This mixture is helpful in asthma treatment.
Ajwain for diabetes mellitus
1 tsp of ajwain seeds + 4 tsp of bael leave juice if taken 2 to 3 times a day, are effective in polyuria commonly seen in case of diabetes.
How to get rid of alcohol addiction
To get rid of alcohol addiction, decoction of ajwain may be taken in the dose of 30 ml at night for 50 days. Persons, who use alcohol excessively, may experience acute stomach pain. For such patients 1 tsp of ajwain seeds may be consumed along with warm water twice a day.
Ajwain in cholera
It has the ability to minimize the impact of threadworms and intestinal bacterial infection. Hence, it is good to give cholera patients.
Ajwain to dissolve kidney stone
When the mix of ajwain seeds +honey + vinegar is used for 10 days, it helps to dissolve kidney stone that ultimately remove with urine.
Ajwain for weight loss
Ajwain has appetite stimulating properties and on account of laxative components, it fastens the bowel movement and thus helps in weight loss. Regular taking of ajwain also helps to regulate obesity.
Ajwain reduces gas and flatulence
Ajwain is one of the best herbal wonder drug for gas, flatulence and indigestion. Distilled water of it is good for the above said problems and also enhances appetite.
Ajwain for acidity and hyperacidity
Ajwain seeds have anti-hyperacidity properties. A patient of acidity or hyperacidity may consume ajwain along with lukewarm water + salt either in the morning or after meal. When taken for 10-15 days, it shows good result. Read acidity control and prevention through herbal means.
They contain antiviral and antibacterial agents that keep you disease free. Adding the following cruciferous vegetables to your daily plate is like taking an anticancer pill: arugula, beet greens, bok choy, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, collards, horseradish, kale, kohlrabi, mustard greens, radishes, red cabbage, turnip greens, or watercress.
Searching for ssohm on internet will help
Orthopedic disorders include all the health issues and ailments that are related to the muscles, joints and ligaments. Orthopedic disorders are so widespread and so large in number that it is very difficult to list all of them down. However, among them the four most common orthopedic disorders are:
- Arthritis: It is a chronic and a long lasting orthopedic disorder in which you witness the swelling or inflammation of one or more joints in the body. This condition is very painful in nature and it tends to deteriorate gradually. This condition usually affects elderly people and it also worsens with age which ultimately causes stiffness of the joints and limits your routine body movements.
- Osteoarthritis: This is a degenerative joint disorder which leads to immense pain and discomfort in the joints of the body. This is one of the most serious forms of orthopedic disease that has been noticed. This disease involves degradation and decline in the overall quality of the bones and joints in the affected areas.
- Lower back pain: This condition refers to periods of pain and discomfort in the lower part of your spinal area. This condition is very common nowadays and as a result of this pain, your back usually becomes tender, swollen and stiff. This pain also stops you from doing your overall routine activities.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: It is an orthopedic disorder in which there is severe swelling in a particular joint, accompanied by small lumps on the affected area that further degrade the external appearance of the skin. In case of adults, this disorder lasts for a lifetime and worsens with time, if left untreated.
Related Tip: "4 Common Orthopedic Problems Faced By Aged People"