Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saroja Ramanathan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saroja RamanathanYour feedback matters!
Hi myself now I am 7 week week pregnant and in sonography heart beat is nt showing till only yog sac is showed what it means what should I suppose to do I am too worried. I had already one miscarriage before 6 mnth.
Most women attain menopause between the ages of late 40s and early 60s, the average age being about 51. This is an important milestone in a women-s gynecological history. One major change is altered female hormone levels, and this leads to a lot of physiological changes. From hot flashes to mood swings, there is also increased predisposition to osteoporosis and uterine cancer.
If you have not had your menstrual cycles for close to 12 months, chances are you are into menopause. So, that means absolutely no vaginal bleeding anymore whatsoever. However, if you experience bleeding, even spotting, be on the alert. It is not normal and needs to be examined, and if required, diagnosed and treated.
Postmenopausal bleeding or PMB as it is popularly called can be due to a variety of reasons. While it could be something as trivial as inflammation of the uterine or vaginal lining, it could also be an indication of more severe issues like cancer.
- Atrophic vaginitis - Decreasing hormonal levels lead to increased dryness and therefore inflammation of the vaginal and uterine tissue. This is one of the common causes of bleeding after menopause.
- Endometrial atrophy - Also caused by lower hormone levels, the lining of the body of the uterus gradually thins down and can get inflamed.
- Polyps - Noncancerous growths in the uterus, cervix, vulva, or vagina can also lead to bleeding
- Infections - General infection of any area along the uterine tract could lead to occasional bleeding
- Cancers - Though only 1 in 10 PMB cases turn out to be cancers, the prognosis improves with early diagnosis and intervention.
Diagnosis: As repeated above, reach out to your doctor if you notice postmenopausal bleeding. Diagnostic methods could include the following:
- Physical examination
- Transvaginal ultrasound
- Endometrial biopsy
- Dilatation and Curettage
Treatment: Needless to say, this would depend on the diagnosis.
For very minor cases with diagnosis like altered hormone levels, no treatment may be required other than modification of the hormone replacement therapy.
For endometrial atrophy and atrophic vaginitis, use of estrogen creams and pessaries would be sufficient.
Polyps would require removal followed by cauterization (application of slight heat) to stop the bleeding.
Cancer - this would depend on the type and location and require a combination of chemotherapy and surgery. Removal of the uterus also may be required in some cases.
So, if you have had bleeding of any sort after ayear of menopause, do not ignore it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Is masturbation of girls bad for health when it is only rubbing the vagina and feels pleasant during masturbate. Sometimes I feel that I m doing wrong for my health. Is any side effect in my future sexual life. Sir now I m unmarried girl. I cant share this to any one thatswhy I questioned here.
When it comes to intercourse, after sex I get a lot of pain and heat into my vagina for at least 15-20 min. Don't know what the problem is done when I am done with sex.
I had sex with my wife on 4th june and on 5th june we took the unwanted 72. Firstly she did get any withdrawal bleeding and her due date was around 20 june Its 8th july she still haven't got her periods started. 1) is there any chances of her being pregnant? 2) when should we expect cycle to start? 3) what should be our next step? 4) is it normal to see this much delay in the cycle to start which is around 18 days from the normal cycle date?
I am a 21 year old girl my weight is 92 kg I want to get slim and a toned body what shall I do to determine the percentage of bone density muscle mass and fats in my body how shall I have long and thick hair please suggest me thank you.
Meri age 25 years h.meri mrg ko 1 years ho gya h but pregnancy ni ho ri. Mrg k pehle month me hi conceive ho gya tha or 10 din bad miscarriage ho gya tha. Maine misoprstol or mifeprisron li thi. Ab mujhe conceive krne k liye kon se din sex krna chahiye or kya krna chahiye .pls help.
Hello doctor, I am eight weeks pregnant jab mere husband mujhe hug aur kiss krtai hain aur mere ass hole mai sex krtai hai tu mera fluid nikalta hai, kiya es sai mere pregnancy per koi effect tu nhi hoga. Aur kiya hum intercourse kr Saktai hai meri es pregnancy stage mai.
I'm suffering with the problem of PCOD since last one year. Im having very irregular periods and also gaining weight. Weight issue is really bothering me. How can I come out of this?
I had miscarriage on 4 months back now I am pregnent is there any chances of risk and what are the things I need to take to take of care of this pregnency. Need I require bed rest for now. Please suggest. Thanks,
What will be the total cost for ivf treatment is it on low cost I belongs from middle class so I can't afford high amount treatment kindly prefer me if any low cost treatment. I am diabetic patient.
Hello, my wife has itching around the vulva and vagina. She does not have itching inside her vagina, its more like on the sides, the labia and also the clitoris. This itching problem is giving her the tendency to masturbate frequently. Please advise. Thanks.
I am 13 month pregnant I detect placenta previa. So it will be in ryt place what is precaution for this? And what's change in 13 week in me and my baby?
My marriage was in the year 2012. Till now we have no children. Husbands semen was analysed count was 60. And motility 28. I go through follicular study. Dr. told egg was not raptured. And took 3 injection per month. Is there any prblm doctor. I am totally upset. Is there any chance to carry a baby.
I am 20 years old girl. Recently on 8 january 17 I had sex with my partner. It was unprotected sex. But the semen was thrown out by my partner. It is 19 january nw. And still I do not got my periods my last period date was 8 .what should I do please help.
I am trying to conceive not not being able to. We are trying since last 3 4 months. But I want to ask that we are not able to sex every alternate day. Sometimes it happens two times a day and sometimes a gap of 4 or 5 days occurs. I want to know that to conceive is it necessary to do alternate day sex. Please help me.
I have ringworm in my vagina side. And I have pcos. I am 20 years old. Which it mac is better for me?
I am 47 years female, and now I am having my periods for nearly 15 days, and I also cannot control my urine while walking, due to my prolonged period I am getting very irritated, please suggest some medicine.
I am 29 years old sexual active I have gonorrhoea or chlamydia infection in throat which doctor is suitable for check up.
When tissues that usually grow inside the uterus, start growing outside the organ, it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, extreme bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.