Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saroja Ramanathan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saroja RamanathanYour feedback matters!
For a healthy body, proper digestion and absorption of food is very important. Digestion is an extremely intricate process and involves many organs. Impairment in any of the organs can hamper the digestive process, leading to a very common condition called dyspepsia. It is caused by malfunction of one of the muscular organs along the digestive tract including esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines and colon.
Causes: While dyspepsia is more of a symptom, there are various reasons that lead to it including gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, infections, motility disorders, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), cancers of the digestive tract or any other abnormality in the digestive tract.
Evaluation: When a patient has chronic dyspepsia or indigestion, the first thing to do is a thorough evaluation to find out the underlying cause. As noted above, there are functional and nonfunctional causes leading to dyspepsia. While gastric ulcers or polyps are visible during an endoscopy, conditions like gastritis and malignancy can only be diagnosed under microscopic examinations.
Some of the tests that are used for evaluation of the cause of dyspepsia include:
1. X-ray: Any growth would be visible on an x-ray and further testing can then be done to confirm the exact nature of it.
2. Endoscopy: This will allow the doctor to see the actual digestive tract and identify any structural abnormalities or growth.
3. Colonoscopy: If the problem is suspected to be in the lower gastrointestinal tract, then a colonoscopy may be indicated.
4. Gastric emptying study: This study can also reveal the abnormalities in the digestive tract
5. Culture: Dyspepsia caused by Helicobacter pylori can be diagnosed through cultures of the stomach contents.
Treatment: The treatment of dyspepsia is quite complicated and cannot be clearly outlined , given the various conditions that it is associated with. Even specific foods can induce indigestion in some people. Therefore, a multipronged approach is required to treat dyspepsia.
Education: The affected person should be educated about the non-life-threatening nature of the problem and its chronicity. Some of the drugs used in treatment of dyspepsia include:
1. Proton pump inhibitors: These reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach and thereby help in relieving symptoms.
2. Promotility drugs: They improve the movement of the muscles in the intestinal tract and are used in managing dyspepsia.
3. Antibiotics: If an infection is suspected, antibiotics are effective.
4. Smooth muscle relaxants: Drugs like hyoscyamine and methscopolamine have been shown to provide relief in some patients.
5. Psychotropic drugs: Anxiety and depression are frequently seen in people with dyspepsia, and managing these can help reduce the dyspepsia.
As noted, the causes, symptoms, and management are very specific to individuals and need to be managed by the doctor. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I m not having my periods from last 8 months. Can I know the cause of it and please suggest me its remedies.
I have feelings of committing suicide, under went an abortion recently, abortion done through pills. My love of my life is ignoring. I am not understanding whats happening.
Hello madam/sir Is six days period (heavy flow) possible during first month of pregnancy. Thank you.
Hi i get 2 time pregant last year but i lost my babys .Ist preganancy in 3rd i get missed abortion .After 3 month back again gt pregancy in this time 9th month i loss my baby i dont whats the problem in me can you guide me?
Her periods are delayed by 2 days, we have had sex on 13 Feb, 2016 but I have used protection (condom). She is a nice fit girl. We don't want any child right now. What could be the reasons? We both are worried. Suggest something as soon as possible.
We rarely take the time to think about the way we breathe. After all, breathing is an involuntary action that begins when we are born and never stops until the moment we die. However, some people find it harder to breathe than others. There are many different kinds of breathing problems that can affect the old and young and thankfully, most of them can be treated and controlled.
- Some breathing problems are short-term and dictated by seasons while others are chronic and long-term.
- Having difficulty breathing when you have a cold and a stuffy nose is considered a breathing problem.
- At the same time, shortness of breath caused by asthma is also a breathing problem.
- Other breathing problems include sinusitis, allergies and nasal congestion caused by diseases like chronic bronchitis or f chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Breathing problems can also be a result of diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, lung cancer and pneumonia.
Ways it can be treated
To treat a breathing problem, one must first understand and identify the factors triggering it. Avoiding these triggers can effectively reduce the frequency and intensity of breathing problems. For example, not allowing pets into your bedroom can help treat breathing problems caused by an allergy to pet dander. Similarly, wearing a nose mask when outdoors, can reduce breathing problems caused by dust and pollution.
Medication can also help treat breathing problems
- Antihistamines and decongestants are common medications used to treat such problems.
- These may be prescribed as tablets to be taken orally or in the form of nasal sprays. In some cases, steroids may also be prescribed.
- This is usually in the case of sinusitis and chronic allergies. These drugs are intended to be inhaled so as to clear the airways.
- For people suffering from long-term breathing problems that are triggered by seasonal changes, taking a flu shot can help.
- These injections reduce the body’s sensitivity to allergens and provide relief in cases of breathing problems.
However, it is important to note that when it comes to breathing problems, one should never self-medicate. What works well for one person may be ineffective for another. This is because unless the medication addresses the cause of the problem, it will not be of any use. Hence, it is important to consult a doctor for a proper diagnosis and understanding of your problem. It is also advisable to consult a doctor in the early stages of having a breathing problem rather than waiting for it to escalate.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Here are some causes and symptoms of polycystic ovarian disease
Hi I’m Dr. Rohini Dhillion working as a family physician and gynecologist and Family Medicare. These days the Polycystic Ovarian Disease has become very common that what it was a generation ago. It usually takes place due to a hormonal misbalance which has also become common due to lifestyle modifications, tension, hard work and improper diet. You see, the normal function of the ovaries is to produce ‘ovulation’ i.e. Eggs. But in this disease the ovulation does not take place and the common symptoms of this disease are: weight gain, acne esp. on face and there might be Hirsutism, unwanted hair, hair fall, depression, infertility and menstrual irregularity and also the tendency of binge eating.
If this hormonal imbalance is not corrected it may lead to diabetes or sleep apnea or hepatic sleep disturbances or cardio vascular diseases in the later stage of life.
To improve the situation we need to change the lifestyle as a whole and of course the much earlier it can be detected, the better it is because we give hormones to correct the hormonal imbalance along with that we also advice our patients to do regular exercise and follow a regular dietary pattern; avoid junk food and intake nutritious food, include yoga and exercise in your daily routine along with certain medicines which have to be taken and be careful about the diet.
You people can contact me through Lybrate.