Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saroja Ramanathan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saroja RamanathanYour feedback matters!
I had sex on 14th august of which I was supposed to ovulate on 15th august. Then on 15th I took emergence contraceptive. Then on 23rd, I observed some slight bleeding. On 24th, the bleeding became too much with allot of backpain and slight clots in it. It lasted for 3 days, i.e from 24th-26th of august. Then on 27th, the blood reduced and mostly could just be spotted when I go to the toilet. Even on 28th, the same thing. Then today, I decided to take a pregnant test and it came out positive, why should it be and why did that blood come out in the first place. My periods are supposed to start tomorrow normally if I did not take the contraceptive pill.
Me and my gf had unplanned intercourse its completely unsafe but she took unwanted 72 the reason for asking this question is we had sex on her 15th day frm or before her dates is that tablet works? Pls help me out.
Hello mam, myself kirti my period coming time is 8th of month. There is my new marriage. Bu period not come yet today. What should I do to come period. Or may I go for pregnancy test?
Hello doctor, I am having sex with my gf from 1 year. I had sex with my girlfriend a week ago, the last time we did it. She was feeling pain in her vagina. .so we stopped in 30-40 secs but after that day she is experiencing vaginal pain and burning sensation while urinating, its been a week and urine comes every 45-60 minutes. Now she is feeling like everything will come out of her through her vagina. What should we do?
May it be marriage or a relationship, things could go downhill in due course of time. The reason behind such a situation could be any; while mental compatibility could turn things sour, physical compatibility constitutes a significant part too. Identifying the problem is of utmost importance. Shying away from sexual dissatisfaction hampers the individual lives of both partners. Therefore, couples should take an initiative to talk about it and take a step further to remedy the problem. It has often been seen that a person’s sex life can get boring due to an imminent lack of variety. Adding a zing to your usual sex life can be made possible through bedroom role playing.
Go through the following tips for trying out bedroom role play:
- Bathe each other and do it in flow: Walking into the bath together can add fervor to a dull and drab sex life. While partners bathe each other, they come to know of a different side of their lover. This binds two individuals better. Intercourse in the shower has proved to be enjoyable for many people. It can also be seen as another way of taking care of your dear one.
- Try out the royalty - servant trope: Playing the role of a different person altogether can make you enjoy intercourse even more. The man could play the role of a king or a senior courtier while the woman plays the role of a maid servant. Or, it could be just the opposite where the man servant is obliged to have sex with the queen or with any of her companions.
- The age old idea of being the doctor while she is the nurse: The doctor nurse duo is a great way to add thrill to your relationship. The more imaginative a couple can get, the more satisfaction they derive. To make role playing more convincing, you must try using relevant dialogues.
- Bold & experienced woman and the innocent young boy fantasy: You could play the dominatrix by being an experienced woman who holds the reign to her fantasy. Sex proceeds as she instructs the innocent young boy about how to go about with things.
- Directly reverse the general roles you both play: The roles each of you is accustomed to play in bed could be directly reversed to humor and excite both the partners. So, if the woman is generally under, she should go on top and initiate sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Genital tract infections are infections of the genital tract in both women and men, with it being more common in women. Genital tract infections can be of three types – infections spread through sexual contact, called exogenous infections or sexually transmitted infections (STIs); infections spread without sexual contact, called endogenous infections; and infections caused due to medical procedures such as abortion, called iatrogenic infections. Some of the most common Genital Tract infections are - bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis, yeast infections (candidiasis), gonorrhoea, syphilis, chlamydia, herpes genitalis, etc.
The symptoms associated with genital tract infections can range from no symptoms to severe ones. Women are more susceptible to contracting GTIs and more likely to suffer from complications of the infection. The most common symptoms of GTIs are:
- Abnormal discharge from vagina – Foul smelling discharge with unusual colour
- Itching or burning sensation in and around the genital area
- Pain or tingling and burning sensation while urinating
- Blisters, sores, persistent rashes, warts or bumps in and around the genitals or anus
- Pain and bleeding during or after intercourseGenital
- Lower abdominal pain
- Excessive vaginal bleeding during menstruation
The consequences of untreated or undetected genital tract infections can be quite severe in women, especially in developing countries. It can lead to a number of harmful effects on the reproductive health of women, including chronic infection of the uterus and fallopian tubes, cervical cancer, pregnancy complications and more. Some of the most severe effects of untreated genital tract infections are:
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
PID occurs when bacteria are spread from the lower genital tract due to unprotected sexual intercourse, or intercourse with multiple partners. PID can lead to scarring and damage to tissues resulting in infertility, chronic pelvic pain and pregnancy complications.
Ectopic pregnancies occur when the zygote is implanted outside the uterus, usually in the fallopian tube. Genital tract infections can cause scarring and block tubal passage which leads to ectopic pregnancies.
Long-term genital tract infections that remain untreated can lead to inflammation and scarring of the fallopian tubes, which block the descent of the egg. This leads to tubal infertility in women. Further, the untreated pelvic inflammatory disease can lead to damage of uterine tissue that again causes infertility.
Certain genital tract infections such as those associated with human papillomavirus have been found to be linked to the development of cervical neoplasia and lead to cervical cancer.
Genital tract infections can become life-threatening if left untreated for too long, thus it is crucial to consult a doctor as soon as you notice any abnormal symptoms of GTIs. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!